Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Supercharged GS400-Next step

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-05, 05:11 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lex if it is a exhaust backpressure problem it will be an easy fix, on top of that I bet you would see issues with a tubo running at moderate boost on the GS400 a limited exhasut would cause issues with either setup.
Old 01-14-05, 05:18 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TTurboPimp
Ed, how bout you head to the TT a little quicker!!

i am working on it bro trust me it will happen soon very soon
Old 01-18-05, 06:47 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just read this

and from what ive been reading

you can get a bracket to hook up a supercharger

but where do you get the piping

what do you guys think iof this

Because superchargers spin at such high speeds, they often create a substantial amount of heat, and require lubrication to keep friction to a minimum. Different supercharger companies have combatted the problems of heat and friction in different ways. While no single method is the best, each method has advantages and disadvanages. Powerdyne uses an internal belt to spin the internal gears (step-up drive), which minimizes heat, is very quiet, and lasts for over 50,000 miles. This internal belt never slips, and does not require you to tap into your engine's oil supply for lubrication purposes, making it the easiest line of superchargers to install. Vortech, Paxton, and ATI (except ATI's self-contained systems) all use the engine's oil to lubricate the step-up gears and keep heat and friction to a minimum. While this lubrication is the most common and works well, it does require the engine's oil pan to be tapped so the supercharger can draw engine oil from the engine. ATI's self-contained systems also use an oil to provide lubrication and to minimize heat, but they use a proprietary oil that stays inside the supercharger head unit and never requires changing. This system is efficient and does not require the engine's oil pan to be tapped, but is substantially noisier than Powerdyne's belt drive system.

Can i hook up a powerdyne system to my car ???if i have th bracket and the piping ???
Old 01-20-05, 08:20 PM
flossn
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T.L.W.

Can i hook up a powerdyne system to my car ???if i have th bracket and the piping ???
Not sure if it's still an issue, but in my mustang days the powerdynes were quite problematic and people never saw the full advertised boost on them. They were neat for the sleeper factor because they were so quite, but the new vortech units acomplish that and are reliable. Like I said though that was a while back, maybe they fixed past issues.
Old 01-20-05, 09:10 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by flossn
Not sure if it's still an issue, but in my mustang days the powerdynes were quite problematic and people never saw the full advertised boost on them. They were neat for the sleeper factor because they were so quite, but the new vortech units acomplish that and are reliable. Like I said though that was a while back, maybe they fixed past issues.

I have heard issues on the Powerdyne as well. PLP offers the Powerdyne on their entry level IS300 system. I think it is a nice unit and I wanted to put one on the wifeys IS, but this reliability thing got me scared. They seemed to be a reputable company overall. If there was a problem in the past, I hope it's taken cared of by now.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 01-20-05 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-20-05, 10:45 PM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
I have heard issues on the Powerdyne as well. PLP offers the Powerdyne on their entry level IS300 system. I think it is a nice unit and I wanted to put one on the wifeys IS, bu this reliability thing got me scared. They seemed to be a reputable company overall. If there was a problem in the past, I hope it's taken cared of by now.
What I recall about the powerdyne - it's an entry level unit and not good for modding for added power. If you plan to install and forget it's a good unit but the vortechs and others are the path you take if you plan to play.