Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

3UZ HKS supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-05, 11:11 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 3UZ HKS supercharger

Look what I found when I was looking at pics from TAS.
A HKS supercharger on an LS430, maybe it will also fit the GS430.

Old 01-24-05, 01:07 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Richie do you know the price ??
Old 01-24-05, 02:00 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by T.L.W.
Richie do you know the price ??
Sorry dude, I haven't found more info as of yet.
Only the pic.
Old 01-24-05, 04:32 PM
Hollywood
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks sweet!
Old 01-24-05, 04:34 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Default awesome find...

wow.. if that does fit the GS400/430... i wont have to worry about finding a supercharger.. only worry about saving up enough money to get it... hope it fits into a GS and its still made and available...
Old 01-24-05, 06:57 PM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Awesome. When you get more info such as horsepower gain and more importantly torque gain let me know.

Thanks
Old 01-24-05, 09:01 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow man, talk about a super tight fit
Old 01-25-05, 01:58 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

I can't find any more info on this anywhere, not even on the HKS Japan site (can't read japanses too well, lol).
Old 01-25-05, 03:38 PM
Hollywood
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Richie
I can't find any more info on this anywhere, not even on the HKS Japan site (can't read japanses too well, lol).

I dont think it really matters much hks supercharger kit costs becasue it probly = more than any of us are will to pay, when the cost of a custom jobby will be easily less than half that.

HKS= double to triple for costs in these scenarios.
Old 01-25-05, 04:12 PM
herragge
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hollywood
I dont think it really matters much hks supercharger kit costs becasue it probly = more than any of us are will to pay, when the cost of a custom jobby will be easily less than half that.

HKS= double to triple for costs in these scenarios.
Well HKS has never really made superchargers until now when they released their Rotrex supercharger for the 350Z recently. that has an MSRP of $7250 which might put into perspective into what the one for the GS430 would be. this is still cheaper I believe than a custom fabricated turbo or supercharger setup because as mentioned before the SRT twin turbo is in excess of $10k so I'm sure this will be a popular setup. However maybe because the GS is a more exclusive platform, it might be more? Still I'm sure it won't cost even close to a custom fabricated setup. Check your math when you say HKS is double or triple in cost than a custom job.
Old 01-25-05, 04:41 PM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by herragge
Well HKS has never really made superchargers until now when they released their Rotrex supercharger for the 350Z recently. that has an MSRP of $7250 which might put into perspective into what the one for the GS430 would be. this is still cheaper I believe than a custom fabricated turbo or supercharger setup because as mentioned before the SRT twin turbo is in excess of $10k so I'm sure this will be a popular setup. However maybe because the GS is a more exclusive platform, it might be more? Still I'm sure it won't cost even close to a custom fabricated setup. Check your math when you say HKS is double or triple in cost than a custom job.

I would have to agree with you. I am not familiar with HKS but am familiar with 2 companies that supply superchargers for Mercedes. One is HPS and their set up is approximately $10,000 installed and the other is Kleeman who is truly the creme de la creme and their system is approx. $16,00 installed.
A custom unit would be a roll of the dice in my esatimation, since you are dealing with all of the electronic systems that have to be taken into consideration. Both of the companies I have mentioned have extensive R&D and testing departments that shake out all of the bugs before release.
Old 01-25-05, 09:36 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 358 Likes on 207 Posts

Kleemann is 11k. And it still is the Creme de la Creme
Old 01-25-05, 10:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by herragge
yeah that's usually how it goes anyway, the more exclusive, the more expensive
Old 01-26-05, 12:43 AM
flossn
Lead Lap

Wow is that a 180* bend I see? Yeah I bet it would be very expensive. I was thumbing through summit and noticed the 5.0 stang vortech kits are only $2,500 for basically the same thing only no intercooler. Wouldn't that be nice?
Old 01-26-05, 01:39 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

How much was the SRT supercharger setup when they offered that?

Quick Reply: 3UZ HKS supercharger