Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

GS430 + 3.76 lsd + Snow & Sleet

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-05, 06:44 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
at least the problem is solved
no doubt. that would have driven me crazy. they found it second try
Old 02-02-05, 09:32 AM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up 3.76 Lsd

Originally Posted by chuckb
Thanks Ivan and Rheiy- My warranty runs out in a few months so we'll see what happens.I plan to start mods after that. At least some bilsteins/eibach to start.
You know what stinks, I just had my entire stock diff replaced by dealer under warranty about 2000 miles ago. That thing is barely broke in. Too bad they couldn't have given me a 3.76 LSD then.

Where are your RPMs at 80mph with 3.76 diff?

oh yah Ivan-I think I'm good on the snow. We rarely even see 30s here I've never even used my heater or heated seats!
Chuck,
Asking for the 3.76 LSD when the dealer replaced your diff. was definately worth a shot. I don't think they would have said no, specially if you hand them the part number(p/n) I know Ivan just loves his. It's definately a must have.
Will
Btw, I can vouch for the Bilstein/Eibach set up b/c that's exactly what I have in my car.
Old 02-02-05, 12:16 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TAMR_GUS98
Chuck,
Asking for the 3.76 LSD when the dealer replaced your diff. was definately worth a shot. I don't think they would have said no, specially if you hand them the part number(p/n) I know Ivan just loves his. It's definately a must have.
Will
Btw, I can vouch for the Bilstein/Eibach set up b/c that's exactly what I have in my car.
thanks Will. Is there a brand new toyo part number for the 3.76 LSD? I guess it's the supra tt pn huh?
I didn't ask but with it being warranty work I didn't think they would have done it. I should've tried though
Old 02-02-05, 12:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

thanks Will. Is there a brand new toyo part number for the 3.76 LSD? I guess it's the supra tt pn huh?
I didn't ask but with it being warranty work I didn't think they would have done it. I should've tried though
yup that's just the supra tt part number

i am not sure if they would actaully do it though. first they will need to get the parts from the toyota line, not sure how difficult. plus, they wouldn't wanna to be liable for anything with the different rear end?

but it would have been really sweet
Old 02-02-05, 01:33 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up 3.76 Lsd.

Well, its funny you asked. I was having lunch with a bubby of mine that works the back parts counter at one of the local Toyota Dealerships. I asked him about the Supra TT 3.76 LSD. The part number superceded to another p/n about 3 times, but he was able to find it. He said it would not be a problem getting a new one. He even told me which dealerships had one in stock at the moment. Let me know if you want me to get the p/n for you. I'll just call my buddy.
Yeah, it was definately worth a try. You never know for sure unless you ask.
Will
Old 02-02-05, 02:51 PM
daleer
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you get a chance can you post what that part number is - and how much the toyota dealership can get it for.
Thanks.

Well, its funny you asked. I was having lunch with a bubby of mine that works the back parts counter at one of the local Toyota Dealerships. I asked him about the Supra TT 3.76 LSD. The part number superceded to another p/n about 3 times, but he was able to find it. He said it would not be a problem getting a new one. He even told me which dealerships had one in stock at the moment. Let me know if you want me to get the p/n for you. I'll just call my buddy.
Will
Old 02-02-05, 03:26 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile Get coilovers! Skip the spring and shocks!

At least some bilsteins/eibach to start.
Chuck don't do it.

Save your money for some coilovers.

I did the bilsteins/eibach thing and the car had a funny little hop when it went over a bridge joint or some other type of bump.

Coilovers are way way better performance wise. Plus with coilovers you can adjust the height & ride right to where you want it.

I got very mad at myself for wasting money on springs and shocks then wasting more money to put them on and then take them off. And you can't sell them for what you paid so you lose out again.

If you love your car eventually you will want coilovers.
Do it right the first time. You will thank yourself many times over.

Ivan
3dog
Old 02-02-05, 03:48 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

thanks Ivan-I don't think I'd ever want to slam my car anyway. An inch or so is all I would want.
what's this wierd hop thing you're talking about? I thought bils/eib was a quality setup, just not adjustable.
Old 02-02-05, 03:58 PM
3dog
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks Ivan-I don't think I'd ever want to slam my car anyway. An inch or so is all I would want.
what's this wierd hop thing you're talking about? I thought bils/eib was a quality setup, just not adjustable.
The back end would just skip, it was like it would unweight and come off the pavement ever so slightly. I found it very irritating. Plus I thought the ride was still to floaty for what I wanted. Sort of like being in a boat out in the ocean.

3dog
Old 02-02-05, 09:11 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Will

i wonder what pricing you can get too, and how it's going to compete with the prices tm engineering and carson toyota can offer. the prices of these stuff have jacked up a lot over the past 2 yrs
Old 02-02-05, 11:15 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up 3.76 Lsd

Originally Posted by daleer
If you get a chance can you post what that part number is - and how much the toyota dealership can get it for.
Thanks.
Daleer,
I'll call my buddy and get the p/n tommorrow. I'll post it up as soon as I get it.

Henry,
The price I got from my friend is $1600 which is cost plus 15%. I'm not sure what TM engineering charges and I just checked l-tunedparts.com and they did not even list it. So, I'm not sure how competitive this price is, I'd have to research it a little more unless of course you can tell me.
Will
Old 02-03-05, 12:51 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Daleer,
I'll call my buddy and get the p/n tommorrow. I'll post it up as soon as I get it.

Henry,
The price I got from my friend is $1600 which is cost plus 15%. I'm not sure what TM engineering charges and I just checked l-tunedparts.com and they did not even list it. So, I'm not sure how competitive this price is, I'd have to research it a little more unless of course you can tell me.
Will
ah gotcha. if i am correct, TM and Carson they both sell the unit for about 1400 to 1500 i forgot. so it's pretty close i say.

but the partnumber is definitely useful to all of us
Old 02-03-05, 03:35 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Steve G. told me last month that the Supra 3.76LSD is no longr avalable from Toyota??

Last edited by GILLEXUS; 02-03-05 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-03-05, 12:26 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up 3.76 Lsd.

O.K. Fellas,
The p/n I got from my friend at Toyota is 41110-14853. Though it was kinda difficult to find because it superceded 3 or 4 times. He said this is the number that is available at the moment.
The other numbers that came up were 41110-14811, and 41110-14H06.

Gill,
Check with Steve again and give him this p/n 41110-14853 and see what he comes up with and let us know. With all the conflicting information we've been getting, it would be good to confirm from two sources. Let us know.
Will
Old 02-03-05, 02:36 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

O.K. Fellas,
The p/n I got from my friend at Toyota is 41110-14853. Though it was kinda difficult to find because it superceded 3 or 4 times. He said this is the number that is available at the moment.
The other numbers that came up were 41110-14811, and 41110-14H06.

Gill,
Check with Steve again and give him this p/n 41110-14853 and see what he comes up with and let us know. With all the conflicting information we've been getting, it would be good to confirm from two sources. Let us know.
Will
I just shot Steve a message I'll keep you posted. I'm on the fence to about the Supra LSD or to install the TRD LSD I have.

Quick Reply: GS430 + 3.76 lsd + Snow & Sleet