Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Does anyone have, Inkate, TQC, and 3:73?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-01, 11:22 AM
Kerr
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has installed the Swift intake-ecu, Torque converters, and the 3:73 gear yet?

Also any idea on a better echaust system. Im talking about the headers and pipes not just mufflers.

Thanks

Shawn
Old 05-21-01, 02:37 PM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Any Particular Combination?

Shawn - Lots of our member's have the parts U mentioned. Is there a particular combination that U're interested in? As far as a header system, I'm not aware that anyone has developed one. The Borlas R strictly mufflers while I understand that Greddy has a cat-back design. Probably not going to be that cost-effective anyway as the factory exhaust is relatively free-flowing as it is except for the mufflers ( which R designed to quiet things down, not necessarily to allow extra horsepower ).
Old 05-22-01, 06:29 AM
Kerr
Driver

What im planning on doing is the SWIFT intake and ECU. then a free flowing exhaust, Probably borla or Greddy, then a Torque converter and 3:73 gear that Supra Store offers. After that im thinking a set a springs, new grill, remove chrome, maybe a body kit.

My goal is to get into the 13's with it all motor, which i would not think it would be that hard to do.
Old 05-24-01, 02:50 PM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Exclamation It'll Be Close!

Shawn - With those modifications & the right conditions ( cool temps & low humidity, plus a sticky track ), U SHOULD be able to crack into the high 13's. I haven't run mine down a track yet but have run a 5.2 0-60 blast - usually it's 5.3 to 5.4 in full street trim & using a G-Tech Pro. I figure that I can do the same high 13's in the quarter even with the additional stereo weight ( it helps traction but hurts top end ). Getting pretty hot here in Louisiana so maybe I'll quarter the GS sometime next month at the night time test & tune.
Old 06-12-01, 01:38 AM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Kerr from what I heard the 3.73 configuration for the GS has problems at redline but I would sugest you go with the TRD LSD instead of RMM or any other company since the TRD ones are made for the GS400 unlike the RMM and the the others which were taken from the supra and put in the GS400
Old 06-18-01, 01:51 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: It'll Be Close!

Originally posted by Mean Gene
Shawn - With those modifications & the right conditions ( cool temps & low humidity, plus a sticky track ), U SHOULD be able to crack into the high 13's. I haven't run mine down a track yet but have run a 5.2 0-60 blast - usually it's 5.3 to 5.4 in full street trim & using a G-Tech Pro. I figure that I can do the same high 13's in the quarter even with the additional stereo weight ( it helps traction but hurts top end ). Getting pretty hot here in Louisiana so maybe I'll quarter the GS sometime next month at the night time test & tune.
Hey Gene? IYO, would the 3.73 gears by themselves, or the TC by itself, or the combo of the two offer better E.T gains in the quarter? I would prefer just doing one or the other if the combo is not really any better. In speaking to MO a while back, he was pretty adiment about NOT going with a steeper gear. I have to agree, though maybe not the best for all out low end performance, the stock gears are rather steep. Also, what top end MPH loss could be expected with the gears? Thanks, Tiny.
Old 06-18-01, 03:04 PM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Smile Tough Choice

Tiny - If I had to choose between the two mods, I'd opt for the T/C over the gears. It will cut your 0-60 & quarter times by a slightly greater margin than the gears, plus allow U to make better use of the power alreadt at hand. I've been 'round & 'round with Muhammad about both gears & nitrous ( both of which he's dead set against ). I really don't think it's because he doesn't sell either of those products either - Mo's not that kind of businessman, IMO. He's against the gears because everything on the GS is computer controlled & set up for the stock 3.23 gears. Now when SRT gets the tranny ECU perfected ( & they will!! ), then he may change his tune because he can then program the tranny ECU for shifting with the steeper RMM gears. It's true that just the gearing change can actually increase your 0-60 times but ONLY because it makes an extra shift ( 2nd to 3rd ) before hitting 60 mph. Now through the quarter may be a different story - due to head down to Baton Rouge & do some testing at the dragstrip there. Will try to post the results tomorrow - wish me luck!!
Old 06-18-01, 03:21 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Tough Choice

Originally posted by Mean Gene
Tiny - If I had to choose between the two mods, I'd opt for the T/C over the gears. It will cut your 0-60 & quarter times by a slightly greater margin than the gears, plus allow U to make better use of the power alreadt at hand. I've been 'round & 'round with Muhammad about both gears & nitrous ( both of which he's dead set against ). I really don't think it's because he doesn't sell either of those products either - Mo's not that kind of businessman, IMO. He's against the gears because everything on the GS is computer controlled & set up for the stock 3.23 gears. Now when SRT gets the tranny ECU perfected ( & they will!! ), then he may change his tune because he can then program the tranny ECU for shifting with the steeper RMM gears. It's true that just the gearing change can actually increase your 0-60 times but ONLY because it makes an extra shift ( 2nd to 3rd ) before hitting 60 mph. Now through the quarter may be a different story - due to head down to Baton Rouge & do some testing at the dragstrip there. Will try to post the results tomorrow - wish me luck!!

Awesome....Please do post some E.T's Thanks, Tiny
Old 07-16-01, 08:15 AM
Kerr
Driver

The rear ends cant come from a supra. They have 3.08 gears. Trust me
Old 07-16-01, 01:54 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

Default Gearing from supra

I understand that the gearing is from a supra automatic normally aspirated set-up. I called and it has the same gearing as was posted
Old 07-17-01, 06:06 AM
Kerr
Driver

Default OH....

Oh.... might be, i dont know anything about the non turbo one...
Old 07-18-01, 05:48 AM
Bobcat
Pole Position

MeanGene:

How did you do a 5.2second 0-60??

I have Mo's intake and TC, have not timed the 0-60 yet, but I'm pretty sure it's not that fast.

Was that time done with nitrous?

You're not running SC right, do you think you'll ever lay down the big bucks for SC?

I have been thinking about springing for the LSD .....
Old 07-18-01, 07:37 AM
Mean Gene
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up One Time Deal

Bob - That 5.2 run was done while power braking at 2500 rpms ( car was about to take off! ). It was also done on a good concrete road ( launching pad ) & on a cool day - low 60's. BTW - while at the track I was using my G-Tech & it showed a 5.1 0-60 time on my fastest quarter mile run but ya know how sticky a track is! No nitrous as of yet - still waiting on Venom ( about another 2 weeks, I'm told ). Yep, I'd love to shell out the bucks for the S/C but don't see that happening as the wife & I R fighting over the car as it is now. BTW - a .6 improvement over bone stock isn't an unreasonable expectation considering the mods ( remember that Precision calls for a .2-.3 second 0-60 improvement just with their Dragon ). Hard to tell from a "seat of the pants" feel also - the car still doesn't FEEL like a high 13 second car to me but I can lay them down all day long!!
Old 07-18-01, 08:06 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

actually the TC should have given you .5 - .8 its probobly since your tires can't hold on anymore because of your already high HP, if it was a GS3 then we would have seen those results so... its all about the tires at this point i think.
Old 07-18-01, 10:36 AM
Bobcat
Pole Position

Gene:

fill me in on what's happening with Venom. Did you order Nitrous system? Cool !! Expensive? etc.

Have you done the LSD? Is it worth it?

Quick Reply: Does anyone have, Inkate, TQC, and 3:73?