Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

For those with SRT HFI/ECU system....

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-01, 01:00 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any experiences where the check engine light comes on? Thanks for any info.

Brent
Old 05-22-01, 02:31 PM
gsnav
Lead Lap

Actually, the only time i had a problem with the check engine light was when Mo, accidentally sent me the wrong ECU, it was marked for the GS but i was programmed wrong, could've been for the IS. Simple mistake and mo quickly overnighted me a new one. Great service, i must say.

GsNav@clublexus.com
Old 05-22-01, 03:31 PM
hlee1169
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default engine lights on

Yes, I have seen the engine lights on once after I've installed it. The fitting of the pipe to the engine intake was not tight, and I think extra air caused the engine light to come on. I went and bought another pipe brace to secure the pipe and the light never came on again. I thought that SRT should have given us one more brace, but anyway I have no problems now.
Old 05-22-01, 07:26 PM
gs4power
Driver

I've had the SRT intake for over a year now, and haven't seen any lights... very reliable indeed. Kudos for Muhammad and his team.
Old 05-23-01, 12:45 AM
LVgs400
Pole Position

Question How much is the ECU upgrade?

Hey everyone-

How much is the ECU upgrade and what kind of performance numbers am I going to get out of it? I already have the Lexus upgraded transmission shift control module, will there be any conflicting problems with these two? I checked the Swift website, but didn't see any mention of the ECU on it.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 05-24-01, 10:53 AM
fever
Lead Lap

Not one problem other than you will need to buy a bigger metal clamp for the filter/intake tube connection. The intake is absolutely outstanding.
Old 05-30-01, 10:46 PM
David GS400
Pole Position

Default SRT HFI / ECU

I've had the SRT kit installed for about a half a year now and still feel it is a great performer. However I am disappointed on the fit and finish of the kit. The couplings for the steel tubes are just a cheap piece of rubber hose and hose clamps. The paint job on the tubes is pretty marginal at best. While the heat shield bolts in nicely, it doesn't do a great job of keeping out hot engine air. After seeing some of Akimoto's intakes, and Ram Air tubes available at the local accessory shop, the SRT finishes are pretty weak.

I'm in the process of making a better airbox, as the car runs so much stronger with colder air. I've replaced the 5" K & N filter that comes with the kit with one that has 3 times the surface area. I'm going to have the intake tubes chromed and am getting real couplers for the connections.
Old 05-30-01, 11:44 PM
RacingAristo

If you change it to a different intake, would the performance sacrifice because SRT's ECU is used particularly for "SRT intake"?
Old 05-30-01, 11:54 PM
BLiu
Lexus Test Driver

Racing Aristo,

I noticed in your sig that you have the Eibach's back on. What happened, did you take out the Apex WS coilover's or is your sig not up to date? Just curious...

Brent
Old 06-19-01, 02:17 PM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by gsnav
Actually, the only time i had a problem with the check engine light was when Mo, accidentally sent me the wrong ECU, it was marked for the GS but i was programmed wrong, could've been for the IS. Simple mistake and mo quickly overnighted me a new one. Great service, i must say.

GsNav@clublexus.com
GSnav? Seriously? That is the same thing that happened to me....Mo took care of me in a Jiffy though....nothing but great performance and alot of fun since..
Tiny

Last edited by tinygs; 06-19-01 at 02:22 PM.
Old 07-18-01, 08:49 PM
hubbard316
Pole Position

LVgs400,

Where did you get your transmission shift control module for you Lexus? What kind of performance gains did you get? What's the cost?
Old 07-19-01, 09:16 AM
xsuperjoex
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by hubbard316
LVgs400,

Where did you get your transmission shift control module for you Lexus? What kind of performance gains did you get? What's the cost?
I was wondering the same thing??
Old 07-19-01, 01:33 PM
bLingIn3o0
Pole Position

how much does this all cost??
SRT INTAKE AND ECU that is????
Old 07-20-01, 09:23 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,321 Likes on 1,414 Posts

Brent,

My engine light has been on and I haven't been able to get it off yet (for maybe 5 months now). Dealer has reset it, but it comes back on fairly quickly

I'm sure I don't have the wrong ECU problem - got mine installed by Mo before the IS300 came out. The Lexus dealer told me the error they were getting that was causing the light was something about a Shift Solenoid problem. They eventually blamed the problem on the way the ECU was spliced into the factory wiring.

When I spoke with Mo, he suggested the following:

"Had two cases similar to yours before, one was resolved by replacing the Throttle position sensor (TPS), check to see if they can test and readjust
this sensor. The other person we have yet to figure out why he is getting the check engine light."

The dealer told me the checked my TPS without result.
I'll look at the pipe brace as Hlee suggests below.

Old 07-26-01, 07:48 AM
gs400tx
Lead Lap

Default http://www.swiftracing.com/index2.html

Originally posted by bLingIn3o0
how much does this all cost??
SRT INTAKE AND ECU that is????

Quick Reply: For those with SRT HFI/ECU system....