Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

installing S/C questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-05, 08:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

umm for some reason i can't focus on the injectors at all kept on looking at the bg
Old 03-10-05, 05:51 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

johnny

to replace the injectors you have to actually remove the fuel rail or you just chose to do it that way..

also the original drive belt tenioner did you remove permenantly or did you remove only to mount the s/c bracket

also was the oil line tee fitting provided so you dont have to tap the oil pan and to install the tee do you have to remove the oil pump like i saw pearlpower do
Old 03-10-05, 09:11 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
johnny

to replace the injectors you have to actually remove the fuel rail or you just chose to do it that way..

also the original drive belt tenioner did you remove permenantly or did you remove only to mount the s/c bracket

also was the oil line tee fitting provided so you dont have to tap the oil pan and to install the tee do you have to remove the oil pump like i saw pearlpower do

yes to replace the injectors you have to remove the fuel rail

the original drive belt tensioner gets removed as does the the timing belt cover and the alterntor

to remove studs and then you fit in the S/C bracket

the oil line tee was provided thats what im going to do today actually when i get home from work

yes you have to remove the oilf filter bracket ....not the oil pump ...its held on by 3 bolts

Ed i strongly suggest you buy the manual ...it shows you in great detail everything you need to do ..injectors ..the oil filter bracket removal ....in fact ..the directions actually tell you to use the manual to do the injectors

big thumbs to roguenode for hooking me up with the manuals

johnny

EDIT::: its called an oil filter housing
Old 03-10-05, 09:49 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

so do you retain the original drive belt or do you have to get a new main belt.. could you take a photo shot of the routing of the belts .. i guess what i trying to ask is how does the belt routing go for both the blower and other access

i am asking bro for i am about to pull that almighty trigger and buy the kit but i like to formulate in my mind whats involved and what to expect
Old 03-10-05, 10:19 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The existing belt stays in place and does not get affected. The blower has its own separate belt that is turned by the Powersteerign pump. The pulley on the pump is replaced with a new one. the new one is wider and will hold two belts side by side. One from the cars oem belt and the other goes to the blower.