Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Found a PI Dragon torque converter for $720.50

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-05, 11:23 AM
GreddyEddy
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Found a PI Dragon torque converter for $720.50

If you guys are interested I just bought one here for $720.50 +20 shipping.
I think it's the cheapest i've seen since the group buy.

http://www.jdsperformance.com/index....&initemuid=452
Old 03-20-05, 03:47 PM
lex400pshR
Driver

WOW, thats about $80 cheaper than Carson Toyota!
Old 03-20-05, 08:42 PM
FutureGS400
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GreddyEddy
If you guys are interested I just bought one here for $720.50 +20 shipping.
I think it's the cheapest i've seen since the group buy.

http://www.jdsperformance.com/index....&initemuid=452
Yeah, I got mine for $700 on that group buy, but for $720 that's a great deal too! Don't forget a good trans cooler to go with it...You're gonna love it!
Old 03-20-05, 11:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow that's not a bad price at all!
Old 03-21-05, 08:25 PM
Dsmart
Pole Position

Default question about use of TC's

I had a aftermarket torque convertor on my 99vette and I don't think I noticed a difference. Is there any difference between a stock and aftermarket converter in terms of like acceleration from 30-80 or does it just help if you race and you want to jump off the line?
Old 03-21-05, 09:22 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Dsmart
I had a aftermarket torque convertor on my 99vette and I don't think I noticed a difference. Is there any difference between a stock and aftermarket converter in terms of like acceleration from 30-80 or does it just help if you race and you want to jump off the line?
i think it helps. at least the throttle is a lot faster, the car totally wakes up, that's how i would put it
Old 03-25-05, 06:31 AM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

There is a place sell it for $700.
Old 03-25-05, 03:53 PM
GreddyEddy
Rookie

Originally Posted by Lextreme
There is a place sell it for $700.
Will you kindly tell us where? So others can take advantage of these good deals.
Is this $700 shipped? Wish I knew earlier if it was.
Old 03-25-05, 03:56 PM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Sorry, I can not. I might get kick out. Dont want to do that.
Old 03-28-05, 11:54 PM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry, I can not. I might get kick out. Dont want to do that.
What is the point of saying this if you can't share the info to our member?
JP Importz
Old 03-29-05, 05:54 AM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

JPI,

CL has some many hidden rules and i cant keep up. They are made instantly and dont want to be on the black list again. I guess i can help CL members if they PM me. I know a place selling PI TC for 700 plus whatever the misc. shipping fee.
Old 03-29-05, 09:30 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

JPI,

CL has some many hidden rules and i cant keep up. They are made instantly and dont want to be on the black list again. I guess i can help CL members if they PM me. I know a place selling PI TC for 700 plus whatever the misc. shipping fee.
dunno, personally i don't see problems on posting it...

personally i would like to know as well
Old 03-29-05, 10:22 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,332 Likes on 1,419 Posts

JPI,

If you aren't the one selling them and have no vested interest in the business (partner of yours, etc) go ahead and post it up. If it isn't heavily 'promoted', doesn't interfere with an ongoing ad from one of our current CL vendors and is a benefit for our members there is no problem.

To address your comments, David. The CL advertising rules are not 'hidden' and are not made up instantly. There is no 'black list' and you were never on it. You have been warned by moderators in the past several times for actively promoting your Lextreme products/services and putting advertising / product sales links on our forum while not being a supporting CL vendor, simple as that. Some other non-approved vendors have not heeded that warning (you have pretty much, thank you) and they continued to promote and they were invited to leave. This also includes members actively promoting sales for vendors sometimes.

I don't think the 'why' behind it is all that hard for people to understand either, although you seem to have a problem with it for some reason. ClubLexus loses a fair bit of money every month and has a hefty IT budget for hosting, licenses and support; we aren't a big business that sells products. We don't gets all sorts of advertisers supporting our forum since there isn't a huge Lexus aftermarket, despite our very large and active user base. We haven't asked for contributions from our members in several years (we are in the process or making a 'donate to CL' feature available). So, plain and simple - we're in the red. Every month... for years now. Please wash away your grand ideas that ClubLexus is a big money making business that is trying to squeeze you out of your hard earned dollar.

To help address that issue we take an aggressive stance on vendors who take advantage of open, free forums like ClubLexus to peddle their wares and services to our members when the those vendors don't pitch in help to keep the forum up and running. If you want to sell your products here to our 30k+ members, you have to pay the advertising fee and help keep CL up and running for all our members to enjoy. That's not too hard to understand is it?

It's OK for vendors to come onto CL to support their products and answer product questions as long as they don't get overly promotional or start putting links to their sales, etc. That's good for our members and we certainly allow it, just like links to good deals like this one. We just don't let vendors take advantage of us by skirting the advertising fees associated with being an approved CL vendor.

David, you started your website out as an informational place and it still is very much focused that way and a great source of information on the 1UZ. However, you need to come to grips that it IS a money making business for you and you ARE a vendor specifically focused on creating, selling Lexus performance items. I've seen the online store and the products you sell. If I'm wrong and the items you sell are totally without profit for you, let me know. You now even solicit for advertisers / sponsors so I hope you can begin to finally understand this.

I've taken this post WAY off topic and would ask any further discussion on my comments above be sent directly to me in PM so the thread can get back to its roots. I just wanted to address what has been a repeated sore point with Lextreme so hopefully everyone can get a better perspective.
Old 03-29-05, 10:50 AM
Lextreme
Lexus Champion

Dave,

Well said! I totally respect that. I have no financial interest in this site, but they do have a special on the PI TC.
Old 03-29-05, 11:33 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well okay, I definitely have no personal interest

http://www.lexmods.com/ProductDetail...ID=14&fid=1011

700.00 plus shipping

Quick Reply: Found a PI Dragon torque converter for $720.50