Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Best Intake for GS430 ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-05, 09:44 AM
Mrbig
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Best Intake for GS430 ???

Which is the best for a stock car right now i have the drop in filter, and wanted more power out of the car . Please let me know........
Old 03-30-05, 10:00 AM
Motu1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an injen cold air intake and it's real nice. Some others here have the intake made by SRT which comes with a tuned ecu I beleive.

Injen goes for around $200

SRT goes for $530 I think

I got my Injen at Nopi for $180 shipped

I would be interested to see what the big difference in gain would be between the SRt and the Injen. Anyone know?
Old 03-30-05, 10:36 AM
Mrbig
Lead Lap

Question Intake

Which type is best for performance, short, cold air, and not too sure i wanna mess with the ecu otherwise i would go with the srt intake..........Is a heat sheild needed ???
Old 03-30-05, 01:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

best? best on what? look, sound, power, quality, priec? i don't think that's a good question to ask, imho everyone has their own choice. srt probably has the most power, but it's the loudest, quality is so so, price is expensive, k&n is cheaper, poewr is ok, build is ok, etc...
Old 03-30-05, 02:24 PM
Mrbig
Lead Lap

Post Intake !!!

Price not a concern really but quality is and power, thanks.......
Old 03-30-05, 02:46 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The power crown will have to go to SRT. It is the loudest of the bunch though.
Old 03-31-05, 07:31 AM
Mrbig
Lead Lap

Default Intake

Thanks whats the best as for quality goes and power......
Old 04-03-05, 12:51 PM
Mrbig
Lead Lap

Question Intake

Anyone else have some advice what to use how is the Rmm ???
Old 04-03-05, 02:32 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,280 Likes on 1,386 Posts

Mrbig,

I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but pretty much every question you post has been asked many many times before. I'm going to ask you for a favor.

Please take a minute and help yourself to the knowledge that is already there instead of bumping your posts asking for people to reply. Instant answers and no waiting

Use the search tool
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/search.php

Put in keywords that will help narrow your search like 'best intake power' or 'rmm intake' in the searchword on the top left.

On the bottom right, select the GS300/400/340 forum.

Click search now.

--------------------------
That's it! Very easy.
Old 04-04-05, 08:40 AM
Mrbig
Lead Lap

Post Intake

Thanks Dave, i know that everytime i make a post someone will tell me that and i almost always go a search before i post and don't really get the answers i was looking for, and wanted some new advice on what people are using and how they liked what they now have......Sorry if there ??? that have been asked many times.......
Old 04-04-05, 08:50 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,280 Likes on 1,386 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrbig
Thanks Dave, i know that everytime i make a post someone will tell me that and i almost always go a search before i post and don't really get the answers i was looking for, and wanted some new advice on what people are using and how they liked what they now have......Sorry if there ??? that have been asked many times.......
I understand, but I'm telling you the answers ARE out there.... I suspect you aren't searching efficiently or looking hard enough which is why I'm trying to give you tips on how to do it better.

There haven't been any new intakes to market for the GS in a couple of years. People get tired of typing the same responses (hence you don't get many answers to a good question like yours) so you need to know how to go get it yourself if you want an answer. Good luck.
Old 04-05-05, 05:40 PM
OsideGs4
Driver School Candidate

I can not seem to find the answers to what is the difference between the SRT stage II ecu and race ecu ....etc. HP gains? Better Idle? Better Fuel economy? I just ordered one from srt .... which one do they send you? They are only 475 now ..... no tax no shipping.
Old 04-05-05, 06:47 PM
rheiy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Mrbig
Anyone else have some advice what to use how is the Rmm ???
I had the rmm on my gs300 and overall thought it was not worth the money. Once installed, the rmm had the affect of reducing low end power and provided some increase in the mid and upper rpm range. Based on my experiance with the gs300, I decided not to do this with my gs430.
If your really want to give your gs4 a kick, save your money for a 3.76 lsd. A tc will add even more but you run the risk of lighting up the cel.
Old 04-05-05, 08:27 PM
Guru
Lead Lap

I have the RMM intake and due to the wrong size MAF housing it makes the car run SUPER lean which may explain why you lost low end torque (due to the ECU pulling timing no doubt). I used an S-AFC to increase fuel. I had to add 18% or so to get the ECU back into spec but due to the increased MAF voltage the stock ECU is pulling timing still. At least it's not detonating anymore. I'll mess with MAF diamater later on when I have time to weld a new housing up.
Old 04-06-05, 07:03 AM
rheiy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Guru
I have the RMM intake and due to the wrong size MAF housing it makes the car run SUPER lean which may explain why you lost low end torque (due to the ECU pulling timing no doubt). I used an S-AFC to increase fuel. I had to add 18% or so to get the ECU back into spec but due to the increased MAF voltage the stock ECU is pulling timing still. At least it's not detonating anymore. I'll mess with MAF diamater later on when I have time to weld a new housing up.
I have limited understanding of mechanical stuff so I somewhat follow what you say but do not understand everything you're stating. In short, based on your comments, I believe I made the correct decision by not installing an rmm intake on my gs430. Anyway, good luck and I hope you can work out the bugs. If your successful, maybe you can contact Blair at rmm and tell them what their doing wrong so they can do something about it. For now, I would never recommend installing an rmm intake.

Quick Reply: Best Intake for GS430 ???