Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Exhaust For 99 GS 400

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-05, 06:53 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Wow what nice pic.... So how much of the piping does the exhaust kit come with? From the bend part or the part thats in front of the control arm area? That exhaust looks really good.. Doesn't look bad at all...Thanks tmf

The BLITZ® NÜR - Spec Series exhaust systems are available as direct bolt-on replacements for OEM exhaust systems. Our exhaust reduces back pressure and thermal stress. This allows the engine to create more power and torque by breathing easier. By utilizing extensive computer controlled design, flow analysis, dyno testing, and precise fitment BLITZ® exhaust systems produce maximum horsepower without dramatically reducing low-end torque.

The quality of the BLITZ® stainless steel exhausts is second to none. Rated as the highest quality, our exhausts perform as well as they look. Unlike conventional exhaust systems, BLITZ® exhausts utilize a slanted mounting design which eliminates unnecessary bends. The specially designed muffler and large diameter mandrel bent piping has no reduction of inner diameter in bend areas. The constant piping diameter size allows for superior exhaust flow superior then compared to crush bent piping.The most impressive feature of our exhaust system is the quiet tone with the silencer on, and its aggressive tone with the silencer removed. Performance increases very by application (gains of 5 - 20 horsepower are average). BLITZ® exhaust systems are designed for maximum performance, improved appearance, and an aggressive tone.

There are two types of BLITZ® NÜR - Spec Series exhaust systems available, the NÜR - Spec which is a rear section only exhaust, and the NÜR - Spec R which is a cat back system. The NÜR - Spec R system comes in two parts. This version also has a removable silencer for road / track use. Because the full system removes the silencer, it produces a fairly loud, deep sporty note.

Each BLITZ® exhaust is flanged and comes complete with all gaskets and hardwear. Providing the easiest bolt-on installation possible. All BLITZ® exhaust systems utilize factory mounting points and hangar locations. A fine balance of looks, power, and durability has been achieved through full stainless steel construction finished in a show quality shine.
Old 04-06-05, 07:10 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Just plain awesome..........Its cool so i can put the silencer on then taking trips etc.... and remove it when zipping around town? Or is that just for the Blitz R ...... I definitly want the rear section exhaust.....Thanks tlw
Old 04-06-05, 07:15 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Just plain awesome..........Its cool so i can put the silencer on then taking trips etc.... and remove it when zipping around town? Or is that just for the Blitz R ...... I definitly want the rear section exhaust.....Thanks tlw
yeah thats with the other one

not the one i have

but it does come with the gaskets so your good to go

good luck man ....
btw the name is johnny

Old 04-06-05, 07:45 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Thanks Johnny.. for all your help. I'll probably order that next week but I'll know for sure in afew days... There's nothin like a good exhaust thats sounds good and looks good... I think this is exhactly what I'm looking for in a luxury exhaust.... Thanks again.....

My name is Tony
Old 04-06-05, 07:56 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

post up pics as soon as you get it Tony

hope you do go with it ...if you dont like it ///ill buy it from you
Old 04-06-05, 08:23 PM
GSing430
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by T.L.W.

can't go wrong with that. it's a win win situation
Old 04-06-05, 09:17 PM
NoRyceGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you guys want a higher quality video of exhaust PM me your email addy. i hope you have a BIG account like Gmail or something. and if interior noise is an issue i suggest you dont combine exhaust w/ an intake. ive started removing things from my exhaust so its a bit louder, but it should give you a good idea of what your car will sound like since IMO most all the exhaust have the same sound, pretty much, just louder or softer.
Old 04-07-05, 12:19 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

well i have yahoo so maybe it will work tcetti2005@yahoo.com Thanks for the sound clip

tmf
Old 04-07-05, 05:26 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

I can handle that.... Should i post a WTB Blitz Nur Spec exhaust in the classifieds? Or should i just buy it new. I think new is the best way to go. At least then you know what your getting...thanks tmf
Old 04-07-05, 05:41 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

I can handle that.... Should i post a WTB Blitz Nur Spec exhaust in the classifieds? Or should i just buy it new. I think new is the best way to go. At least then you know what your getting...thanks tmf
honestly

buy it new

the finish would be perfect then

like i said if you dont like send up my way
Old 04-07-05, 05:58 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

TLW.....I called intense motorsports and talked to ( darren) and talked to him about Blitz,borla,and RMM..... I 'm ready to order so a little sooner than i expected..... Well , i read the borla review on the IM website and it said that it was quite and still maintained the lexus quiteness in the cabin and so forth.... I know you said Blitz and so did other CL members but i don't want to sound ridiculous at a red light and More like a honda civic......Maybe you can give me one last convincing on the Blitz.......Thanks tony
Old 04-07-05, 06:21 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

TLW.....I called intense motorsports and talked to ( darren) and talked to him about Blitz,borla,and RMM..... I 'm ready to order so a little sooner than i expected..... Well , i read the borla review on the IM website and it said that it was quite and still maintained the lexus quiteness in the cabin and so forth.... I know you said Blitz and so did other CL members but i don't want to sound ridiculous at a red light and More like a honda civic......Maybe you can give me one last convincing on the Blitz.......Thanks tony

ok last year we had a meet in NJ where mercedes BMw lLexus met up

on the way down had multiple members come up and tell how awesome the exhaust sounded

now fast forward to the meet in Ny same guys but this tiem i had the bimmer boys telling me how incredible it sounded

ive had older gentelmen come up to me and ask where i got that and where suprised
and how great it sounded

now ive been in a friends car with HKS system and was very suprised at how much drone there was

when i tell you there is no drone ..there just isnt

turn the key and all you hear is whoom

and you dont hear the exhAust until you get on it

the finish on the exhaust is awesome

id give you my number but my car is in pieces right now lol

and let you hear it

i get nothing but compliments

the choice is yours

either way you bought a Lexus and are looking for a little extra ooomph

look at both exhausts
BLITZ

BORLA

Old 04-07-05, 06:40 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

look at both exhausts
Although neither are pics of the GS version. I guess just focus on the can and the tips because the piping pictured will not be what's on the GS version.
Old 04-07-05, 07:00 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Neo
Although neither are pics of the GS version. I guess just focus on the can and the tips because the piping pictured will not be what's on the GS version.
http://shop.store.yahoo.com/hopup1/blnurspexleg.html

http://performance.speedycarparts.co...exhaust_system
wrong one sorry tony
Old 04-07-05, 07:25 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Just ordered the Blitz Exhaust System.....My First Mod... Next is the drop in K@N Filter....Than the Oil change....Thanks for all the info.... I will keep all the shipping boxes it comes in just in case i decide i don't like.....but I'm sure i will... I'll keep you posted as the install begins... Probably will be awhile since I live in Florida....Do the hangers on the new exhaust fit right in the stock locations.... johonny do you have a step by step process on how to install this exhaust......Thanks......Tony

Quick Reply: Exhaust For 99 GS 400