Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.
View Poll Results: Which Exhaust would you like to have or do have and enjoy
GReddy MX Exhaust System
3.70%
RMM Exhaust System
7.41%
HKS Hiper Exhaust
18.52%
A'PEXi World Sport 2 Series Exhaust
9.26%
Borla Exhaust System
29.63%
TANABE SUPER HYPER MEDALION
11.11%
Blitz Nur-Spec Exhaust System
12.96%
GReddy Power Extreme Exhaust
7.41%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

what exhaust do you have or would like to have

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-05, 07:56 AM
edfrsd
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heres another pic of my Apex'i WS2
Old 04-13-05, 01:53 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

So why is the Borla winning this poll by a wide margin? There aren't many posts to support that. I'm surprised that HKS, Blitz, or Apex'i isn't winning.
Old 04-14-05, 01:39 AM
Dsmart
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is what I want to know why is borla winning. Does it make a good sound what is it about it that people like?
Old 04-14-05, 08:48 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,259 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Originally Posted by Dsmart
That is what I want to know why is borla winning. Does it make a good sound what is it about it that people like?
Borla has a GREAT sound IMO, its very much like the Apexi but a little quieter. Agressive when you get on it, not obtrusive when you don't. The nice oval tips and length work best with stock bumpers (IMO again). I also don't like the big cannisters hanging down under the car - you don't have those with Borla. The million mile warranty is unmatched by any other competitors that I've seen.

The only downside to the Borla is the hangers... I have never had any problems with mine, but some have complained that they are not as sturdy as those that come with other exhausts. I assume you could use other hangers if you wanted on them.... a couple of folks have complained about droning at certain RPMs with Borla, but not many (more often hear that about L-tuned exhausts).
Old 04-14-05, 08:53 AM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Are Blitz Nur Spec and HKS Hiper similar in sound, or louder than Borla?
Old 04-14-05, 09:32 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,259 Likes on 1,372 Posts

guys, if you have sound clips please contribute them here

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=158895
Old 04-14-05, 09:32 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 305 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Borla has a GREAT sound IMO, its very much like the Apexi but a little quieter. Agressive when you get on it, not obtrusive when you don't. The nice oval tips and length work best with stock bumpers (IMO again). I also don't like the big cannisters hanging down under the car - you don't have those with Borla. The million mile warranty is unmatched by any other competitors that I've seen.
Same here, I don't like the canisters that hang down and are very visible. I like the understated look of the L-tuned exhaust because of that.

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
The only downside to the Borla is the hangers... I have never had any problems with mine, but some have complained that they are not as sturdy as those that come with other exhausts. I assume you could use other hangers if you wanted on them.... a couple of folks have complained about droning at certain RPMs with Borla, but not many (more often hear that about L-tuned exhausts).
The drone is not caused entirely by the mufflers directly even though you notice this effect the most when you replace the mufflers.

It is a combination of the resonators and exhaust piping in conjunction with the L-tuned exhaust that causes the droning.

I plan on replacing the pipes (from the catalytic convertors back) and getting rid of the resonators and looking forward to a drone free driving experience again!
Old 04-15-05, 04:40 AM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Why no L-Tuned?
Old 04-15-05, 04:42 AM
Dsmart
Pole Position

NO ll-tunded because l tuned when out of business and you can't buy it, I want to get an exhaust and try to find out what to get. I forgot to list carson's one but that was my fault there, but why list an exhaust that you can't buy any longer? that wouldn't be right.
Old 04-15-05, 04:45 AM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

You can get L-Tuned used...

Old 04-15-05, 05:19 AM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

I think the list needs to be expanded. I have L-Tuned, but will be looking at something without the CAT converter (FL doesn't inspect) + headers too if they get finished.
Old 04-15-05, 07:34 AM
beaterKU
Pole Position

I think the Carson Tuned/Kimira needs to be added to the list as there are quite a few of us that have it.
Old 04-15-05, 08:16 AM
beauphus
Pole Position

i like this thread...i am about to order my exhaust so i am a little curious...i am trying to decide between the Borla with the new style tips and the Carson/Kimura...either way i would like to have it Catback and my shop will make it Catback on the Borla if i want to...can u guys give some insight as to which way i should go and also whether or not i should go Catback...if i remove resonators is my stuff gonna be loud and ricey? should i just go axle back? i am leaning toward Borla with a catback system...any feedback?
Old 04-21-05, 07:42 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I really want a quiet exhaust. What's the quietest one out there, but still gives you a nice bump in performance?

And, when it comes to an exhaust system, what IS a nice bump in performance on the GS4? Miniscule, or a nice 20-30 bhp increase?

Which one gives you the largest increase in performance, and why?
Old 04-22-05, 10:43 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HKS HI power, they look mean but sounds very low and hardlt noticeble after 2000rpm, makes some good power too!

Quick Reply: what exhaust do you have or would like to have