Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

GS430 SRT ECU instructions wrong?? Need help please.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-05, 04:49 PM
Hollywood
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS430 SRT ECU instructions wrong?? Need help please.

K on the harness matching the ecu pinout holes on the diagram;

12v Black/red = check
RPM Light green= check
Sensor 1 Blue/Yellow= Not check, was actually black yellow but close enough.
Ground Brown=check

Now where I'm having the problem!

Sensor 2 Black = Not check, Yellow/Black is 3rd from the right and full black is 4th from the right, the diagram asks for 3rd from the right and the diagram says it supposed to be full black....

Which one is it????

XXXXX000XX
XXXXXXBYXX
XXXXXXXXXX

First harness section starting from the right side, standing at the driver wheel well, feet by tire.

X= other wires
0= no wires
B=full black wire
Y=Yellow/black wire

01 GS430 btw. I serched did not seem anyone else questioned that part.

Also did you guys keep that little black valve or eliminate it?

Last edited by Hollywood; 04-08-05 at 05:06 PM.
Old 04-08-05, 06:19 PM
Hollywood
Lead Lap

cmon guys, my car is stranded.
Old 04-08-05, 09:14 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have my ECU wiring w/ me right now, but I spoke to SRT awhile back and they said that the pin position is what matters not the wire color matching up. A few of my wire colors did not match what the instructions listed.
Not sure what little black valve you are referring to ,any Pics?
Old 04-09-05, 01:08 AM
LasVegasGS
Lead Lap

Dude I was installing my Intake with ECU last night took the whole stock intake out then I ran into a problem.

You now how you connect Hose #2 to that sensor well where the hell does the sensor connect to the SRT intake where do you mount it since Hose#2 connects into it I can disgard of it right? Also Hose #2 was way to small for the danm thing I got it on but the clamps didnt fit no way no hell. SRT told me to just Zip tie it?? IS THAT RIGHT???

Also from my understanding the wireing harness that connects to your stock intake ( the one at the front you can see with your engine cover on ) Thats the one that connects to the hole in the SRT intake piping right?

Man is it me or are the SRT Instructions Jacked?

Dude can you take some pictures so will I so other people that install the SRT intake later on down the road dont have to deal with this crap.
Old 04-09-05, 09:32 AM
Hollywood
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LasVegasGS
Dude I was installing my Intake with ECU last night took the whole stock intake out then I ran into a problem.

You now how you connect Hose #2 to that sensor well where the hell does the sensor connect to the SRT intake where do you mount it since Hose#2 connects into it I can disgard of it right? Also Hose #2 was way to small for the danm thing I got it on but the clamps didnt fit no way no hell. SRT told me to just Zip tie it?? IS THAT RIGHT???

Also from my understanding the wireing harness that connects to your stock intake ( the one at the front you can see with your engine cover on ) Thats the one that connects to the hole in the SRT intake piping right?

Dude can you take some pictures so will I so other people that install the SRT intake later on down the road dont have to deal with this crap.
Sure I have to go right now, but when i come back i will take pics.
Old 04-09-05, 03:34 PM
Hollywood
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GILLEXUS
I don't have my ECU wiring w/ me right now, but I spoke to SRT awhile back and they said that the pin position is what matters not the wire color matching up. A few of my wire colors did not match what the instructions listed.
Not sure what little black valve you are referring to ,any Pics?
BTW thanks a bunch that information proved to be right.
Old 04-09-05, 09:40 PM
LasVegasGS
Lead Lap

Did you have a problem with hose #2 & the clamps? Let us know how it feels. Give us LOTS of pic's. When I install mine I'll do a Stock Intake soundclip then I'll do one with SRT.
Old 04-10-05, 04:15 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

I hope this helps. You should have two SRT hoses large- 1/2" & medium-3/8" the 3/8" one is suppose to connect to the sensor and to the middle SRT middle vacuum nozze. Yeah it is too small to fit easily on the sensor. Wet it and wiggle it on. The small 1/4" factory hose from the power streering pump connects to the left side vacuum nozzle.
Let me know how it rides when you get it all hooked up.
I've had mine for awhile just test fitted it to add some braided hoses to it and ceramic coat the tube. ECU not yet hooked up.

Old 04-10-05, 02:12 PM
Hollywood
Lead Lap

I hope this helps. You should have two SRT hoses large- 1/2" & medium-3/8" the 3/8" one is suppose to connect to the sensor and to the middle SRT middle vacuum nozze. Yeah it is too small to fit easily on the sensor. Wet it and wiggle it on. The small 1/4" factory hose from the power streering pump connects to the left side vacuum nozzle.
Let me know how it rides when you get it all hooked up.
I've had mine for awhile just test fitted it to add some braided hoses to it and ceramic coat the tube. ECU not yet hooked up.
Ya thats how mine is hooked up.

I was waiting to wash teh engine bay before taking pics. I think it sounds awesome. My girlfriend has not said anything about the sound difference. As at low throttle its like it's not even there, but at WOT! Is a different story.
Old 04-11-05, 05:20 PM
LasVegasGS
Lead Lap

OK so where does the VSV mount since it use to be mounted right to the stock intake? Pictures will help it doesnt just hang free does it?
Old 04-11-05, 06:35 PM
tommyGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had the same problem awhile back.
Wires don't match up
So i burnt the piggy back ecu
And SRT won't sell me a piggy back ecu alone
So i guest no SRT for my car
Old 04-12-05, 12:10 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

OK so where does the VSV mount since it use to be mounted right to the stock intake? Pictures will help it doesnt just hang free does it?
The VSV no longer mounts to anything. It does just hang free. I would nylon tie it to a near by hose just to keep it secure

Last edited by GILLEXUS; 04-12-05 at 12:22 AM.
Old 04-12-05, 12:18 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

tommyGS3,
Do you still have the SRT ECU ? you should send it to them so they can verify that you need a replacement ECU. I thought that I've heard of people buying SRT's ECU but they just wont' gaurantee them w/o their intake.
I know for sure that one member bought an intake from amother member and the ECU was jacked ( I think his car would not start) He sent it to SRT, they checked out and sent him another one or they fixed it.

Ron G.

Last edited by GILLEXUS; 04-12-05 at 12:22 AM.
Old 04-12-05, 10:02 PM
LasVegasGS
Lead Lap

I installed mine its awsome I love the found. I have one question did you guys remove that plastic peace to the right of the foglight? If so how?

Last edited by LasVegasGS; 04-13-05 at 03:11 AM.
Old 04-13-05, 11:14 AM
tommyGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tommyGS3,
Do you still have the SRT ECU ? you should send it to them so they can verify that you need a replacement ECU. I thought that I've heard of people buying SRT's ECU but they just wont' gaurantee them w/o their intake.
I know for sure that one member bought an intake from amother member and the ECU was jacked ( I think his car would not start) He sent it to SRT, they checked out and sent him another one or they fixed it.

Ron G.
i already sent them the burnt ecu.
They said sorry they can not fix or repair the ecu
They want $450 for a new ecu, That's wayyyyyyyy toooo MUCH

Quick Reply: GS430 SRT ECU instructions wrong?? Need help please.