Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

TorqueMaster Star Series Plugs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-05 | 06:06 PM
RRocket
Instructor

Default TorqueMaster Star Series Plugs?

I see Torquemaster has a new plug called the Star Series. It is aimed a vehicles that have distributorless ignitions/coil on plug like our GS has. Anyone try them out yet? Maybe this will cure the misfire a couple of CL members had??
Old 04-18-05 | 04:02 PM
Belshe1993
Pole Position

dam good question. I have been trying to find these plugs for a while and no luck so far. If you find a website where I can gett them let me know.

Red Rover
Old 04-24-05 | 03:57 PM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Stupid question. What is wrong with using the denso iridium plugs. I thought those were the OE plugs for our cars. And supposedly they are good plugs. I may be wrong on all of this, but like I said, it could be a dumb question.
Old 04-24-05 | 07:39 PM
Belshe1993
Pole Position

under my nose the whole time.

Here is some info
Torque master plugs

Red Rover
Old 04-24-05 | 07:48 PM
LB Lex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by slickgt1
Stupid question. What is wrong with using the denso iridium plugs. I thought those were the OE plugs for our cars. And supposedly they are good plugs. I may be wrong on all of this, but like I said, it could be a dumb question.
Nothing is wrong with the stock plugs, they're actually very good. Some people try Torquemaster plugs because of the claimed increase in power. There have been mixed results; some say it made the engine idle roughly, others say they notice no difference, while others say they gained a few horsepower.

For me, I stayed with the stock plugs because they excellent stock plugs.
Old 04-29-05 | 06:24 PM
GSing430
Racer

actually, NGK plugs are OEM parts but when you order it as oem partts, they will supply you with the Denso plugs instead.
Old 04-29-05 | 10:35 PM
Hollywood
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GSing430
actually, NGK plugs are OEM parts but when you order it as oem partts, they will supply you with the Denso plugs instead.
Torque master is no more.

http://www.extremespark.com/
Old 05-02-05 | 06:31 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Wait, so is it still possible to get the real OEM plugs. I want to stick to OEM.
Old 05-02-05 | 07:47 AM
GSing430
Racer

Wait, so is it still possible to get the real OEM plugs. I want to stick to OEM.

you have to ask/buy specificly for the ngk iridium plugs otherwise it's gonna be the denso
Old 05-02-05 | 11:56 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

you have to ask/buy specificly for the ngk iridium plugs otherwise it's gonna be the denso
Will it be a big problem if I use Denso plugs? I bough them a while ago, thinking that I have OEM.
Old 05-02-05 | 10:36 PM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

I'd do a search on the TM plugs (now extremespark) before buying the iridiums. I've had the iridiums, swapped them out, and never went back. Mean Gene did a dyno test on these guys...definite power gain. Numbers were there to prove it. Plus quite a few of the other members have been using these plugs as their "unfair" advantage when getting "kills".

Most recent install was on my little brothers G35x. Afterwords, the throttle was much more sensitive...and geez, that little 6 cylinder could REV HARD. Plus he picked up a couple of mpg as an added bonus. I could easily see a couple of more mods to his car and it would EASILY become a stock GS400 GS430 KILLER.

Plenty of "naysayers" to the TM/Extremespark plug. My guess is that they can naysay all they want...they just haven't tried them yet or are falling for the "iridium hype".

Bottom line...TRY THEM.

Percy
Old 05-03-05 | 02:20 AM
GSing430
Racer

Will it be a big problem if I use Denso plugs? I bough them a while ago, thinking that I have OEM.
it shouldn't be a problem at all, i'm actually using the denso right now since the ngk was not available.at the time.
Old 05-04-05 | 07:40 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Percy
I'd do a search on the TM plugs (now extremespark) before buying the iridiums. I've had the iridiums, swapped them out, and never went back. Mean Gene did a dyno test on these guys...definite power gain. Numbers were there to prove it. Plus quite a few of the other members have been using these plugs as their "unfair" advantage when getting "kills".

Most recent install was on my little brothers G35x. Afterwords, the throttle was much more sensitive...and geez, that little 6 cylinder could REV HARD. Plus he picked up a couple of mpg as an added bonus. I could easily see a couple of more mods to his car and it would EASILY become a stock GS400 GS430 KILLER.

Plenty of "naysayers" to the TM/Extremespark plug. My guess is that they can naysay all they want...they just haven't tried them yet or are falling for the "iridium hype".

Bottom line...TRY THEM.

Percy
Well, i have the Denso plugs already. So I wont go out to buy another set, but next time, i feel like changing the plugs i will deffinatelly try the TM/Extremespark plugs. Thanx.