Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Need Opinion Fast on Blitz Exhaust!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-05, 06:34 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Need Opinion Fast on Blitz Exhaust!

Well i just talked to intense motorsports about my exhaust and Blitz's rep is saying another 4 to 6 weeks for delivery Its supposed to be here by now and I'm getting inpatient.... So now I'm considering the Borla because it will ship tomorrow and I could have it by next week.... I know there is another guy on here in the same situation.... I'm getting very dissappointed in blitz... The guy from IM says they might drop Blitz if this continues....So should i hold out or go with the Borla... Borla was my second choice so I'll be happy with that.. Its just alot of people praise the Blitz on how good it is.... I'm stuck.....Thanks Tony
Old 06-02-05, 06:55 PM
Cannonbear
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hoesntly id just wait for the blitz. Ive heard the borla and to me it was a "meh" sound. The blitz is pretty good sounding and look better to me then the borla tips.

It'll be worth the wait in the end for the blitz
Old 06-02-05, 07:02 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Well i just talked to intense motorsports about my exhaust and Blitz's rep is saying another 4 to 6 weeks for delivery Its supposed to be here by now and I'm getting inpatient.... So now I'm considering the Borla because it will ship tomorrow and I could have it by next week.... I know there is another guy on here in the same situation.... I'm getting very dissappointed in blitz... The guy from IM says they might drop Blitz if this continues....So should i hold out or go with the Borla... Borla was my second choice so I'll be happy with that.. Its just alot of people praise the Blitz on how good it is.... I'm stuck.....Thanks Tony
Tony

getting stuff from Japan sucks

id hate for you to wait as long as you have ..im going to get in contact with my guy

and see what i can do for you ..i make no promises but i will try

laters
johnny
Old 06-02-05, 07:54 PM
tommyGS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wait for the blitz
Old 06-02-05, 08:17 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Well, Thanks for the replies guys but i'm still up in the air with what to do.. You guys have more experience with this stuff but I still think the Borla will look decent... I was questioning the Blitz in the begining anyway because of the big cannisters in the back... But T.L.W.( johonny) convinced me so i gave it a try... but i can only wait so long before i get fed up with the whole thing...Thanks again guys for your input....... Tony
Old 06-03-05, 12:12 AM
malcolmz3o
Rookie

I'd stick with the Blitz, just looks the best imho...and that deep rumble really sounds great!!
Old 06-03-05, 08:52 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Well, guys sorry to say but i went with Borla.. If it doesn't turn out to be what i wanted then i will sell it and order the Blitz again and wait. I 've just been sick of waiting for the last seven weeks.. something that should have been here already... I still think that Borla will look good.. It will still give me that distinctive sound from the V8.. Thanks for all your input guys...Tony
Old 06-03-05, 09:06 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, guys sorry to say but i went with Borla.. If it doesn't turn out to be what i wanted then i will sell it and order the Blitz again and wait. I 've just been sick of waiting for the last seven weeks.. something that should have been here already... I still think that Borla will look good.. It will still give me that distinctive sound from the V8.. Thanks for all your input guys...Tony

sniff sniff Tony why sniff sniff
Old 06-04-05, 05:35 PM
daleer
Pole Position

I understand - and some point you just can't wait any longer. I paid tm-engineering $1525 3 MONTHS ago for a torsen lsd - and still nothing. I emailed him today saying if it doesn't come by next week I want my money back - waiting is one thing but at some point you just figure you'll never get it. Anyway I've read a lot of good things about the borla here and the site admin seems to really like his. Haven't heard either exhaust though - those are the same two exhausts that I've been considering.
Old 06-04-05, 07:11 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

well intense motorsports has the borla for 489.00. Not to bad of a price and a little over hundred dollars cheaper than Blitz... Yea I'm really looking forward on getting this exhaust. It will be here Monday and hopefully installed on Tuesday... I'm excited because this is my first after market mod since the purchase of my Gs in April.. Thanks....Tony
Old 06-06-05, 12:14 AM
Rondo1
Driver

Hey Tony, I'm the other guy that had this on order over at Intense as well. This really sucks, but Blitz WAS my first choice and I'm very much sold on it. So I'm going to wait for it. Waiting yet ANOTHER 4-6 weeks really does suck, but I'm going to search high and low for this thing and if I find it in stock - anywhere - I'm buying it, even if it costs more than Intense (which it likely will anyway).

So I'm hoping that T.L.W. can come up with a contact that he was trying for. Wish me luck guys. ....this better be worth it....
Old 06-06-05, 12:25 AM
GSing430
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

it's always best knowing you got what you wanted to begin with and not settling for anything less. you'll never be disappointed. the exhaust can always wait, and while you wait, you can spend $$ on other mods ... but i know how you feel, waiting can be a B___h!!!!!.... i waited like 6weeks for a STB and it's finally here, ... actually a couple more days.
Old 06-06-05, 03:40 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GSing430
i waited like 6weeks for a STB and it's finally here, ... actually a couple more days.
Dude, I waited a year for my UGO STB.
Old 06-06-05, 07:50 AM
GSing430
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo
Dude, I waited a year for my UGO STB.
man. i don't think i could of waited that long. i thiink i would of given up for a stb. lol..
Old 06-06-05, 09:04 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by Rondo1
Hey Tony, I'm the other guy that had this on order over at Intense as well. This really sucks, but Blitz WAS my first choice and I'm very much sold on it. So I'm going to wait for it. Waiting yet ANOTHER 4-6 weeks really does suck, but I'm going to search high and low for this thing and if I find it in stock - anywhere - I'm buying it, even if it costs more than Intense (which it likely will anyway).

So I'm hoping that T.L.W. can come up with a contact that he was trying for. Wish me luck guys. ....this better be worth it....
Well, i hope everything works out with the Blitz... I received my Borla exhaust today and its pretty nice... The tips are nice and shiny and can't wait to install it tomorrow...I'm very pleased with Intense and the way they do business...... Darren from IM took care of me and didn't screw around with me as far as what was going on with Blitz and length of order..

I'm very Happy with my order..... I ordered it Friday and it got here today.. Anyways good luck....Tony

Quick Reply: Need Opinion Fast on Blitz Exhaust!