Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

99 GS 400 RMM supercharged on the way!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-05, 03:05 PM
98LexusGS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 GS 400 RMM supercharged on the way!!!

I can't wait....I'm getting a 99 Rod Millen Supercharged GS 400 on Monday. The seller said that he had it dynotuned to get 425 horsepower (350 to the rear wheels). Is this possible with the GS 400 V8? Here's a small list of what he did to the car:

Rod Millen Supercharger/Intercooler
K&N Intake
Flashed the Chip???
19" Lowenharts with 235 fronts/245 rear
HKS exhaust
Air/Fuel Controller

The car has 80 K miles on it and the supercharger was installed at 65 K. Does anybody know how many miles I should expect to get out of this car? Thanks.
Old 06-03-05, 03:07 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Dude you just bought this?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...18#post1348318

Congrats to you!
Old 06-03-05, 03:15 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i'm sure its the same car we saw on ebay a little while ago, BIG congrats man
Old 06-03-05, 03:15 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats. The numbers look about right. With a stock setup, I'd say you should have a LONG way to go with the car. With the SC on it, it is more uncertain. With the low boost that the RMM SC runs out of the box, it should be pretty safe.

I don't know what flashing the chip mean either.
Old 06-03-05, 03:31 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had over 210K on my supercharged GS before I encountered problems, you should be fine.
Old 06-03-05, 03:33 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 98LexusGS
I can't wait....I'm getting a 99 Rod Millen Supercharged GS 400 on Monday. The seller said that he had it dynotuned to get 425 horsepower (350 to the rear wheels). Is this possible with the GS 400 V8? Here's a small list of what he did to the car:

Rod Millen Supercharger/Intercooler
K&N Intake
Flashed the Chip???
19" Lowenharts with 235 fronts/245 rear
HKS exhaust
Air/Fuel Controller

The car has 80 K miles on it and the supercharger was installed at 65 K. Does anybody know how many miles I should expect to get out of this car? Thanks.

as soon as you get it change the oil

you MUST MUST MUST change it every 3,000 or less miles

i almost begging you to drive a stock 400 before you drive this to fully enjoy waht you are about to have

i was jsut driving mine a little while ago ...its so fast ..i love her
Old 06-03-05, 03:36 PM
98LexusGS
Driver

Default Yea that's me!

You have to see the car to appreciate it. I'll have pics up on Monday as soon as I get it (or when I'm completely exhausted from listening to the supercharger). He really put in some serious money into it. It has a new paint job with the darkest and shiniest black I've ever seen. Everything was so professionally done - he's got all the receipts! I don't really mind paying a premium for it because he spared no expense getting it done. He's also the only owner and he's a really cool guy. The sound system was incredible. We took it to 90 on 3rd gear going up hill and the car had some serious pull to it. I really like the supercharger setup cause I've driven turbo cars and there's a noticeable lag. The supercharger response was immediate. The pics on ebay don't do the car justice - you really have to see it in person.
Old 06-03-05, 04:23 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have to see the car to appreciate it. I'll have pics up on Monday as soon as I get it (or when I'm completely exhausted from listening to the supercharger). He really put in some serious money into it. It has a new paint job with the darkest and shiniest black I've ever seen. Everything was so professionally done - he's got all the receipts! I don't really mind paying a premium for it because he spared no expense getting it done. He's also the only owner and he's a really cool guy. The sound system was incredible. We took it to 90 on 3rd gear going up hill and the car had some serious pull to it. I really like the supercharger setup cause I've driven turbo cars and there's a noticeable lag. The supercharger response was immediate. The pics on ebay don't do the car justice - you really have to see it in person.
congrats man

time to change your name

and post up those pics ASAP

dont know if you posted ..was any trans work done to it
Old 06-03-05, 04:42 PM
FutureGS400
Lexus Test Driver

Default Hmmm...

On eBay, it shows another 20 minutes or so on the bidding. Did you meet the reserve and kill the bidding process or...? Anyway, congrats on a great car!!
EDIT Auction just ended at $20,100 -eBay says "Reserve not met"

Last edited by FutureGS400; 06-03-05 at 05:02 PM.
Old 06-03-05, 04:57 PM
98LexusGS
Driver

Default Ebay

I talked to the seller and he said the bids on ebay were way too low (almost insulting). Well, he also had it on autotrader.com. He said if he didn't get what he wanted, he was going to keep it. Well, I'm looking to sell some stock parts from the 400 - Nakamichi audio, stock exhaust, etc. Anybody know where I can sell them other than ebay? And, he has a new torque converter (???) to handle all that power. I think I'll keep my user name cause I still have my 98 Lexus GS 300 (this is my everyday car - 150K miles and still going strong). I'll use the 400 for special occasions. I just love the GS's and for the reliability, luxury, and performance - there's no car quite like it. I had Bimmers, Benzes, Porsches - the GS 400 is my dream car. Thanks everybody for your input.
Old 06-03-05, 05:07 PM
FutureGS400
Lexus Test Driver

I talked to the seller and he said the bids on ebay were way too low (almost insulting). Well, he also had it on autotrader.com. He said if he didn't get what he wanted, he was going to keep it. Well, I'm looking to sell some stock parts from the 400 - Nakamichi audio, stock exhaust, etc. Anybody know where I can sell them other than ebay? And, he has a new torque converter (???) to handle all that power. I think I'll keep my user name cause I still have my 98 Lexus GS 300 (this is my everyday car - 150K miles and still going strong). I'll use the 400 for special occasions. I just love the GS's and for the reliability, luxury, and performance - there's no car quite like it. I had Bimmers, Benzes, Porsches - the GS 400 is my dream car. Thanks everybody for your input.
Oh, so you bought it outside the auction...He should have just ended the auction early and been done with it. No matter now, bottom line is you got a great car with some serious power! Mine is pretty fast with the mods I have, but can't match the FI power ! Good luck with it...
BTW- try selling the stock stuff here in the classifieds on CL forum. In fact, if your Nak system has a spare 6 CD cartridge you want to sell let me know...
Old 06-03-05, 06:52 PM
98LexusGS
Driver

Default problems???

If you don't mind me asking Morris, what kind of problems did you have so that I can prepare/prevent them? And, should I run it on conventional/dino oil? The previous owner had it on full synthetic every 3K miles (Mobil 1). I'd keep it on Mobil 1 but I heard about issues regarding leaking, etc. And, what do I need to do for supercharger maintenance? Sorry for all these issues but I'm a newbie to the FI game. Monday can't come soon enough for me ( I would have had it today but I told him to smog it). I wish there was a Supercharger FAQ cause I have so many questions.
Old 06-03-05, 07:02 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you don't mind me asking Morris, what kind of problems did you have so that I can prepare/prevent them? And, should I run it on conventional/dino oil? The previous owner had it on full synthetic every 3K miles (Mobil 1). I'd keep it on Mobil 1 but I heard about issues regarding leaking, etc. And, what do I need to do for supercharger maintenance? Sorry for all these issues but I'm a newbie to the FI game. Monday can't come soon enough for me ( I would have had it today but I told him to smog it). I wish there was a Supercharger FAQ cause I have so many questions.

Well first off let me say that I was at 389 rwhp, I was running about 10psi which is more than you have if you are running the stock rmm pulleys.

first my tranny went, but agian it was a combination of the extra hp and possibly the age of the tranny itself. Even before the tranhy went though the car would bounce off the rev limiter, but I learned to live with it. A valve body upgrade may fixed that issue though. After I fixed the tranny I found out that I had at least one but more like 3 blown piston rings. Again much mileage and much boost.

I couldnt tell you about the synthetic vs petroleum oil, that is a battle unto its own. i will say that I got 200k plus using regular 5w30 oil.

By the way I ditched the supercharger and went with a Turbo setup now I am doing an engine rebuild with low compression pistons.
Old 06-03-05, 09:07 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

So if you don't mind me asking - how close to $30k did you go?

Jonny
Old 06-03-05, 09:14 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Dx3
So if you don't mind me asking - how close to $30k did you go?

Jonny
I was wondering the same thing...

Quick Reply: 99 GS 400 RMM supercharged on the way!!!