Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

3:76 Torsen LSD Install

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-05, 12:07 PM
CinFulxgs
Pole Position

Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by nicknace
Believe me, it's woth it. And I got the LSD installed first, then the TC.

Forget about numbers. This is a fun to drive mod. My TransAm is much faster to 60 and in the quarter. I drove it exclusively this week, and yesterday I picked up the GS from the stealership and my first reaction was WOA! It felt quicker thatn the TA by a margin. I don't know why, but it does. You'll be grinning ear to ear every time you step on it!

BTW, forget about the TA. I've been lucky enough to drive a 2004 911 Turbo, 99 Viper, 2002 Ferrari Modena, 2003 BMW M3 (my friends/family own these except for the Viper, which was at the Skip Barber school on a track), and the GS feels fast! Not necessarily faster than the cars listed, but it feels quick and, more importantly fun, in a straight line. Each of the other cars has its own character, but I find I enjoy driving my LSD/TC GS400 as much or more than any of them!
I agree here, I have driven a Calloway Corvette, a ZR1, LT1, Various Mercedes convertables, and even a couple small Turbo cars and the GS is a great combination of luxury and spirted driving feel... my only complant is that it lags from time to time from slow speed to WOT but I here the TC and LSD change that quite a bit. If I were not so interested in going FI I would have already added these Mods.
Old 06-23-05, 01:34 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Originally Posted by jskim9
would this work?

TRD LSD
Don't think so, but there is a similar model made by TRD specifically for the GS / Aristo. It keeps the stock 3.23 gearing
Old 06-23-05, 01:40 PM
TXGS
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Don't think so, but there is a similar model made by TRD specifically for the GS / Aristo. It keeps the stock 3.23 gearing
Is that the same one sold by Carson Toyota?
Old 07-08-05, 08:28 PM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 17 Posts
Talking Added PI TC

I dropped off my car at the dealership early this morning to have my long awaited PI TC installed to match my LSD and recently installed Hayden cooler.To make a long story short my Lexus tech called me about noon today leaving me a voice mail message saying "quote" " Oh my God" " your car is now a monster" "Wow I am so impressed with the PI TC fitment not to mention your car is very responsive and quick". "I never thought a GS 400 could feel this way" " This is an awsome mod!!!!" ...........Needless to say I got the message an hour later and had to leave the office for I could not focus on work and had to see & drive my car.

The only thing I could say is "why did I wait so long" My GS is so very awake and extremly responsive. It's so cool when you hit the 2800 rpm range the car becomes a monster...........After leaving the dealership I pulled up to the first red light & noticed a new red 350 Z with exhaust next to me!
I chuckled and quickly turned off the VSC saying to myself here is the true test. The 350Z driver & I glanced at each other and signaled the its on look. The light turned green and all I can say is I WOT the silver monster only to leave some serious rubber and then some traction smoking the 350Z by at least 3 -4 cars. The Z driver was totally stunned & shocked and asked me at the next light what I had under the hood." I responded "it is stock" He looked at me in total disbelief nodding his head........

All I can say is I am really happy I completed the LSD and TC combo because my car truely feels like a performance machine with a new attitude..........
Old 07-08-05, 08:43 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by alsilverbullet
I dropped off my car at the dealership early this morning to have my long awaited PI TC installed to match my LSD and recently installed Hayden cooler.To make a long story short my Lexus tech called me about noon today leaving me a voice mail message saying "quote" " Oh my God" " your car is now a monster" "Wow I am so impressed with the PI TC fitment not to mention your car is very responsive and quick". "I never thought a GS 400 could feel this way" " This is an awsome mod!!!!" ...........Needless to say I got the message an hour later and had to leave the office for I could not focus on work and had to see & drive my car.

The only thing I could say is "why did I wait so long" My GS is so very awake and extremly responsive. It's so cool when you hit the 2800 rpm range the car becomes a monster...........After leaving the dealership I pulled up to the first red light & noticed a new red 350 Z with exhaust next to me!
I chuckled and quickly turned off the VSC saying to myself here is the true test. The 350Z driver & I glanced at each other and signaled the its on look. The light turned green and all I can say is I WOT the silver monster only to leave some serious rubber and then some traction smoking the 350Z by at least 3 -4 cars. The Z driver was totally stunned & shocked and asked me at the next light what I had under the hood." I responded "it is stock" He looked at me in total disbelief nodding his head........

All I can say is I am really happy I completed the LSD and TC combo because my car truely feels like a performance machine with a new attitude..........
Sooo nice to hear these stories - I love my LSD and TC

Jonny
Old 07-08-05, 08:56 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

now you are really going to have to let me drive the monster on sunday..lol congrats man.
Old 07-09-05, 01:10 AM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my combo as well. Makes the GS so much funner to drive. Now you will really need to practice your launch because you can waste a lot of time spinning rubber not to mention wearing out your tires. A proper launch can yield you a low 5 second run to 60mph. Reset your ECU, VSC off with sport mode on and the GS4 comes one hell of a fast car.
Old 07-10-05, 12:38 AM
FutureGS400
Lexus Test Driver

Always good to hear another satisfied "TC/LSD" owner! I LOVE using e-shift around town in 3rd gear and the feel of instant throttle response it gives-the car just LEAPS forward like a beast!
Have fun...
Old 07-10-05, 08:45 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

Originally Posted by DrewGS4
Makes the GS so much funner to drive.
Now there's a headline!
Old 07-10-05, 08:47 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,372 Likes on 1,557 Posts

Congrats Al! I've not heard of anyone (certainly not me) with this combo that isn't thrilled!
Old 07-10-05, 09:20 AM
Adam2562
Lexus Champion

are there any driveability issues with havign a higher stall torque converter? i want to keep my lexus driving like a lexus hehe but it juts sounds soo good from what u guys r saying..
Old 07-10-05, 12:31 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No issues at all with the TC, the only difference that I noticed was that the car was much more repsonsive.
Old 07-11-05, 06:47 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 292 Likes on 175 Posts

Congrats Al!

To me, the difference between the car before the TC/LSD combo and after is the difference between day and night. It is almost as if it is a completely different car - engine wise.

Even the tranny shifts smoother! Just amazing. This combo should be offered by Lexus as a sport package option!
Old 07-11-05, 07:08 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I didn't get a ride but I got a vid of Al's car from a stop light taking off and man its sounded like a Monster off the line. I wish I would have pulled my vid our earlier when Al and Terry (Teelex) raced from the stop light after the meet, Al's car just fish tailed off the line to the left i thought he was going to hit Terry..lol but man when the wheels got grip of the road it was off like a plane. I was far behind in my gs3 watching Both al's car with the led/tc and Terry's car lsd just really have more punch. congrats to both of you.
Old 07-11-05, 08:08 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 17 Posts
Talking

That definately was some fun. I wanted to line up with another GS to test my LSD/TC combo so obviously Teelex's 430 with his LSD was the best choice. We lined up at the light with me in the middle Teelex to my left and Bluelex to my right. I decided to launch the car as I have read on CL by others. I tried to keep it at 2800 rpm feeling the rear 285 S03 tires just about to give out and the body starting to flex I launched it when the light turned green and to my amazement the car still lost traction & started to drift a little close into Teelex's lane but I quickly corrected it regained traction and off I went 0-80 in seconds and backing off!!! wow!! What can I say, It is so very true the TC makes a huge difference. Since I had the LSD for a couple weeks I can certainly tell the big difference adding the TC. Needless to say I was ahead of Teelex by about a car and a half give or take but that was expected with the TC. I earlier had asked Teelex to drive my car so he can compare the difference but he was hesitant because he knew he would be inclined to purchase the TC!! I am almost certain by now that Teelex is on the phone ordering his TC from Carson.

Last edited by alsilverbullet; 07-11-05 at 08:11 AM.

Quick Reply: 3:76 Torsen LSD Install