Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SRT Intake and GReddy EVO Exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-01, 02:20 AM
BlueIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking about purchasing the SRT Intake.. To the members who have tried the SRT and experienced it, is the price really worth it?? What is the cheapest I can get one of those for? Where can I go (other than the Swift Racing site)?? Do you feel the power increase?

Also, I was checking out the GReddy website and it shows they have the GReddy EVO available for our IS' now.. Its going for $599.. not bad.. I Was trying to decide between this and the APEXi system for $399.. GReddy usually uses better quality.. HKS should be nice too but Ive heard they're too loud..

I had a GReddy SP on my previous car (95 Honda Prelude SE) and I LOVED IT! very nice deep tone, and VERY nice canister..

Maybe someone could help me look for a nice Exhaust System and give me some tips on the SRT intake..

Thanx for any help..
Old 06-25-01, 06:04 AM
vlad_a

As far as I know, you can buy SRT intake only from SRT.
You could buy one off one of our members.
Every once in a while someone's wife makes her man give up his toys. LOL

Don't know about the exhaust, though.
Old 06-25-01, 07:08 AM
sbmIS300
Driver School Candidate

Is the GReddy EVO a cat-back exhaust? Someone mentioned on IS300.net (before it went down) that GReddy was going to have one in a few months, but I guess it already has been a few months.

SRT has a few retailers, I think one of them is Shin-Kai racing or something like that.
Old 06-25-01, 09:08 AM
eortiz
Rookie

I just installed my SRT over the weekend. The car sure picks up off the line better than before but I guess since the IS 300 is a pretty fast car (stock), in my opinion, I don't feel that much difference when you are already in motion. The engine sounds ,obviously, louder now but I guess I can live with that. I got mine for $625.00 including shipping since SRT had a special deal on it. I'm not sure if they still honor that special deal but give them a call talk to Mo. Also, since SRT will be coming out with an SC sometime in Sept. (I guess) Mo said he is giving a discount if you already have an SRT intake and purchase an SC.
Old 06-25-01, 10:46 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I have the SRT with the Toyomoto cat-back and I love it. If you choosing between the HKS, Apex'i, and Greddy, you can't go wrong with the Greddy. I have it on my Legend and the sound, performance, and construction are top notch....besides, it's cat-back. The EVO should be available very soon if not immediately. I will be getting the EVO when released and then selling the Toyomoto.

Mark
Old 06-25-01, 11:34 AM
sbmIS300
Driver School Candidate

Any word on HP/torque gains from the EVO?
Old 06-25-01, 12:20 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Usually a cat-back will net about 10-15 horses. Any higher and they're probably smokin' the funny stuff.

Mark
Old 06-25-01, 12:46 PM
sbmIS300
Driver School Candidate

Sweet...anyone wanna organize a group buy? Let's see if we can't get it down to below $500.
Old 06-25-01, 04:29 PM
BlueIS
Driver School Candidate

Default Group Buy Sounds good..

Lets try to organize a group buy for the SRT intake and GReddy Exhaust System.. I just read the ad someone had placed about the Weapon R Intake w/ Ram air for our IS' and that sounds good.. I dont know too much about Weapon R.. I know that the price will be less than half of the SRT most probably..

GReddy quality is definately up there... I really enjoyed my SP System on my Prelude... I can imagine how the system will sound and perform on our IS'!

Thanx for all the help!
Old 06-27-01, 07:56 PM
xclusivx
Rookie

Default GReddy Evo '01 IS300

hey guyz, i just ordered the GReddy Evo exhaust for my '01 DWP. It retails at $599 at GReddy.com, but i got it at aerotrends.com for 490 shipped. I think that's a pretty good deal. What do u guyz think?

Aerotrends # 904.997.9905 ask for Ariel
Old 06-27-01, 08:35 PM
VVTIS
Driver

Is that a full cat back? That is cheap if it is! Did they give you any numbers on the gains?
Old 06-27-01, 10:10 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

is there a website for aerotrends
Old 06-28-01, 12:17 AM
MarkK
Driver School Candidate

BlueIS, GReddy exhaust systems are really good... The Evo exhaust has nice deep low tone (as I heard from other cars). By the way, where did u get the H&R installed? I'm out of states, so I couldn't really contact u at this time...
Old 06-28-01, 02:31 AM
zukbang
Driver School Candidate

Originally posted by fairuza11
is there a website for aerotrends
he just said it...aerotrends.com
Old 06-28-01, 06:52 AM
xclusivx
Rookie

sbmIS300: yes its a full cat back, but sorry they didnt give me any HP numbers

fairuza: www.aerotrends.com not sure if their site lists all their products, but u can give them a call.

hope this helps

Quick Reply: SRT Intake and GReddy EVO Exhaust...