Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.
View Poll Results: buy from lextasy?
Sure, if you want to
14.29%
Oh god no, run forrest, run
85.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

SRT Intake $445 Shipped....

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-05, 12:32 PM
NoS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SRT Intake $445 Shipped....

Anyone buy from here before, any good? $445 Shipped seems like an awesome price....

http://www.lextasy.com/gs300_srt_intake_1422_prd1.htm
Old 08-23-05, 12:35 PM
alredxiii
Lexus Champion

I'll just let you know what most people will tell you here...that Lextasy is know for bad business...Never dealt with them myself but heard many horror stories from other people.
Old 08-23-05, 12:49 PM
NoS
Lexus Champion

well let me ask you this, is the install hard. I am somewhat nervous of cutting and solidaring back the ecu wires and isn't somewhat worse that they are in the open compared to the OEM ones which is sealed correct?

in addition I dont know how they can offer this price, even SRT on its website is selling for $495
Old 08-23-05, 12:54 PM
Cannonbear
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just bought the SRT intake for my GS straight from SRT today, 495 shipped and itll take a week before its shipped. Even through carson it takes 3 weeks supposedly. Expect a wait through lextasy, and i too havent heard the best things of that site.
Old 08-23-05, 12:54 PM
STONER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did this install last weekend, and I was really nervous about cutting into my ECU as well (it's not a stereo we're talking about). The instructions are pretty self explanatory from SRT though. Follow the position guide not the color guide. The ECU cover protects everything after you're finished so nothing is exposed. It sounds awesome. check my "SRT 0-60 vid" post. I can honestly say I had never soldered anything in my life before doing this and it worked out fine. I say go for it as far as the intake goes (can't speak for dealing with Lextasy as I never have)
Old 08-23-05, 12:55 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NoS
well let me ask you this, is the install hard. I am somewhat nervous of cutting and solidaring back the ecu wires and isn't somewhat worse that they are in the open compared to the OEM ones which is sealed correct?

in addition I dont know how they can offer this price, even SRT on its website is selling for $495

he can offer that price so he can grab your money and wait until he has like 5 orders then buy

the install is easy ..just take your time and be patient and practice how to solder
Old 08-23-05, 12:56 PM
dwoods420
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,
I can go on and on about my bad experanice with lextasy. I had to report them to the better business bureau. Took 1 year for me to be able to return the defective item they sold me and get a refund. I would NEVER buy anything from them.
Also I am sure they do not have the item in stock. If you order it from them you will never get it.
Old 08-23-05, 01:46 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NoS
Anyone buy from here before, any good? $445 Shipped seems like an awesome price....

http://www.lextasy.com/gs300_srt_intake_1422_prd1.htm
Don't do it.
Buy from Steve Ganz at Carson Toyota. You won't get screwed.
Old 08-23-05, 02:51 PM
lalexusgs
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've ordered several things from Lextasy. So far received everything on time with no problems. Don't know about larger itmes like intake and such. I got my SRT directly from www.swiftracing.com. They had it on sale that time for $475 shipped.
Old 08-23-05, 03:06 PM
NoS
Lexus Champion

Well I was also wanting to get there FiberGlass Eyelids for $145

http://www.lextasy.com/product_1090_detailed.htm

Old 08-23-05, 03:24 PM
NoS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by STONER
I did this install last weekend, and I was really nervous about cutting into my ECU as well (it's not a stereo we're talking about). The instructions are pretty self explanatory from SRT though. Follow the position guide not the color guide. The ECU cover protects everything after you're finished so nothing is exposed. It sounds awesome. check my "SRT 0-60 vid" post. I can honestly say I had never soldered anything in my life before doing this and it worked out fine. I say go for it as far as the intake goes (can't speak for dealing with Lextasy as I never have)
So there is a ECU cover.. hmm ok because the picture I have seen seem to not cover the wires, is it clear? I will also watch the vid now

Also is yours a 300 or 400/430?
Old 08-23-05, 03:42 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey man,

Contrary to popular opinion, you only cut one wire. And the good thing about soldering, if you mess it up, just use the gun to melt it back off and start again.

Jonny
Old 08-23-05, 04:06 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Its a simple DIY job....and yes....stay away from Lextasy.
Old 08-23-05, 04:11 PM
NoS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Dx3
Hey man,

Contrary to popular opinion, you only cut one wire. And the good thing about soldering, if you mess it up, just use the gun to melt it back off and start again.

Jonny
If i want to switch back to stock is that possible? The wire would be cut though....
Old 08-23-05, 04:18 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NoS
If i want to switch back to stock is that possible? The wire would be cut though....
Then you solder it back together!! Soldering one wire is pretty easy! And yes, there is an ECU cover that will still close

Jonny

Quick Reply: SRT Intake $445 Shipped....