Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

RMM intake for the GS430

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-01, 10:01 AM
kodai
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picture 4
Attached Thumbnails RMM intake for the GS430-intake-4.jpg  
Old 08-08-01, 11:52 AM
CJIMGO
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For Kodai,
Great pics. Don't know why Blair didn't mention that he had a prototype..I offered to test one if they had it.
I ask questions until I get an answers that make sense. Sorry if that pisses folks off, but I expect honest answers to serious questions.
Thanks again for the pics..will be interested to see the dyno results.
Old 08-08-01, 12:29 PM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

I think people didn't like the RMM intake (earlier release) which did not have a heat sheild, the new version of it works fine.

I don't much different in the design for the Swift vs RMM intake (for the GS 400, both stay in the engine bay, both use mandel bend tube) the only different was the Swift ECU.

it's not right to say RMM intake suck, just because their earlier release did not have a heat sheild.

my .02 cents
Old 08-08-01, 01:25 PM
kodai
Driver

BananaGS,

You are correct.

To all who fit this profile,

Manufactures do not need some one calling every 5 seconds to keep asking the same question again and again. If you are given an answer take it. If you do not like the answer go else where! And this is my $.02

kodai
Old 08-08-01, 04:53 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,369 Likes on 1,554 Posts

Originally posted by BananaGS
I don't much different in the design for the Swift vs RMM intake (for the GS 400, both stay in the engine bay, both use mandel bend tube) the only different was the Swift ECU.
Right, but that's almost like the difference between a carburetor and fuel injection... the reprogramed Swift ECU keeps the fuel mix in sync with the increased airflow from what I understand. How could the RMM unit be as good without it?

Also, that heat shield looks like it's only one side, the Swift one is a right angled piece I believe the goes beside and behind.
Old 08-09-01, 09:13 PM
BananaGS
Tech Guru

what I meant is you get more gain from Swift ECU (cost more), but i am sure you get some gain from RMM intake or any high flow intake

with an Apexi unit, you will be able to get at least similar or more gain compare to swift ECU, the apexi unit is a very sophisticate unit that was design to adapt with many cars, not just Lexus and has many feature build into it like rpm, speed, air/fuel mixture....many more displays

Last edited by BananaGS; 08-09-01 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-10-01, 04:21 PM
RacingAristo

From the pic above, there is only one side for the heat shield.
Old 08-10-01, 05:21 PM
CJIMGO
Driver School Candidate

For RacingAristo;
How does the SRT HFI/ECu perform on your 430?
Old 08-10-01, 05:36 PM
RacingAristo

I can feel the difference from the intake/ecu. However, my feeling doesn't always equal to the real power gain. So I'm planning to take a dyno test for my car. I'd have G-tech it but my friend has mine for 6 months and now he thinks that is his.
Old 08-10-01, 05:57 PM
CJIMGO
Driver School Candidate

Pls let me know results when you have it done..Mo claims 25-30 HP/Ft Pounds gain.
Old 08-10-01, 10:40 PM
RacingAristo

Will do.
Old 08-19-01, 01:39 AM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

I know its late but i will state my opinion anyway. My experience with RMM is that they will give you great service to sell you something .

But when you need some customer service know one will be around to answer you.

If i was Rod Millen i would be ashamed of myself for selling my name to a company that makes so - so stuff.

RMM could have been great , to bad they got imho idiots running the ship.
Old 08-19-01, 04:34 AM
CJIMGO
Driver School Candidate

Unfortunately, that appears to be the case...And the worst part is to blatantly LIE to the customer..Re the intake for the GS 430. There is a prototype available according to a club member who is testing it and in my conversations with two of the technical sales folks they indicated that this was all new work and never once mentioned a prototype, even when I offered to test one if they had one.
I have about decided NOT trying to turn this car into something IT IS NOT and just wait until I get my next Corvette in 2002/03..then I'll have a real performance machine again that does NOT require a lot of aftermarket tweaking and tinkering to turn it into a performance machine. I can live with it for now after the exhaust and L-tuned suspension mods.
Old 08-19-01, 10:49 AM
kodai
Driver

CJIMGO,

You try so hard to **** people off. And you do a good job at it. RMM is not going to ship you a prototype. That would just be stupid. No manufacture wants a unit like this out of there control. As far as them lying, they do not want any incorrect info out there so they just keep it on the down low. There is nothing wrong with that. I think you should divert your negativity some other direction.

As far as everyone else I will post the final product and performance numbers once the unit is complete.

kodai
Old 08-19-01, 02:20 PM
CJIMGO
Driver School Candidate

Why thanks, guy. I didn't think my message was getting thru, however, your reply confirmed it.
Thanks much. Obviously, you're the resident apologist for RMM on the ClubLexus Forum.
C5ya and Keep wavin....

Quick Reply: RMM intake for the GS430