Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

RMM intake for the GS430

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-01, 04:38 PM
kodai
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jim,

You are so out of line it is not funny. There is nothing that i or RMM needs to say sorry to you at all. If any one needs to apoligize it is you to RMM. You have done nothing but bad mouth them. If RMM is so bad to you why do you continue calling them almost on a daily matter. You are the type of person that makes going to this fourms a bad thing just step you milk box. If you do not like RMM just stay away from them. Your trash talk is not needed by anyone. As far as RMM customers service towards you, YOU must purchase from them in order to be a customer. Enjoy your vette jim, it seems to be all you talk about..............!@#$%^&-

Also to everyone else, i plan on not coming back to this site any longer due to the fact i am tired of running into A-Holes like this Jim guy.

kodai-------------out
Old 08-19-01, 11:56 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by CJIMGO
Why thanks, guy. I didn't think my message was getting thru, however, your reply confirmed it.
Thanks much. Obviously, you're the resident apologist for RMM on the ClubLexus Forum.
C5ya and Keep wavin....
dude, what are you talkin about.
Don't accuse someone of being something. That's rude.
If you don't like RMM then dont' use their product. Seriously. Chill out.

KODAI DON'T LEAVE US!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~ heh heh. please. We need you!
Old 08-20-01, 12:49 AM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

Ok guys time to lighten up.

Jim i guess you can scratch that , waiting on RMM intake, out of your sig. Jim just give Mo a call and order his intake . I have it for my 300 and it rocks. Sounds great and i can feel it working.

What kind of muffler you got on you GS ? I never seen that before . Looks like a universal?

Kodai - You will really leave over one little dispute? I am a RMM customer and have not been satisfied.

I brought a STB and was great to order . But getting help after the order was not so great. When it came time to install they couldn't even tell me how many pds. to torque it too. I beleive i emailed them 5 times over a 2 week period and was just ignored. When i did finally get the answer , it was tighten it until it is tight. Bad answer. But i would recommend the STB though.

I'm not even going to start on the grill i brought from them . I would have brought the whole body kit but seeing how the grill fit , i would be crazy.

Maybe i'm just spoiled by Steve's great service and Mo's great service that i expect the same from a itty bitty company like RMM.
Old 08-20-01, 12:58 AM
tinygs
Lexus Test Driver

Kodai? Dont bail on us man, we like you here!
The first place I called when I decided to start moding my GS was RMM... My experience was not good at all....BUT, that is just my experience with that ONE transaction....
We must keep in mind when exchanging info with fellow CL members that we are not here to slam retailers... We can only offer an experience that weve had, and let other members weigh it along with other opinions and feedback so that they can make an educated decision....
I have to say that by judging from what I have read on the CL board over the last year and a half, RMM has gotten about 90% negative feedback and about 10% positive feedback....definitely sounds like customer sat issues are rampant...(Just MO)

About the proto-type parts....none of us should expect any aftermarket parts manufacturer to divulge any pre-release info to us...we often fail to remember that this IS their "business". All data and specs related to upcoming releases of performance parts are considered trade secrets=potential BIG $$$$=sealed lips......Tiny

Kodai, DONT leave.....there will never be a time where EVERYONE agrees on a topic/post/thread....know what I mean?

Old 08-20-01, 04:41 AM
CJIMGO
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Tiny, you have summarized the main contribution forums of this nature make to other members--report your experiences and allow others to make informed decisions.
For Kodai--you need to lighten up and be a little more objective about RMM and their responsiveness..90%negative to 10% positive as assessed by Tiny sends some kind of message and all of the posts I've read regarding RMM have been negative with the exception of yours. I have not talked to anyone at RMM since my conversation with Blair Stopnick over a month ago.
And I obviously will not be talking to them in the future.

I will remove "waiting for RMM intake" from my signature as suggested by another member, since I don't plan to do anything more with this car....the L-tuned suspension mod was key to keep it from floating at high speed. It's a nice road car with a lot of creatuere comforts that make driving a pleasure and Lexus Customer service is impeccable. It will go to my wife when I get my next 'vette. She currently has a leased ES300 and loves it as she does the 430.

Vendor assessments---are key components of forums such as this....you need to feel free to comment, positively or negatively, on your experience with vendors...not to do so would be to do a disservice to other members of ClubLexus and you might help another member avoid making a costly mistake.
I have done both on the C5Net and will continue to do so here as long as I own the 430 and am a dues paying member of ClubLexus.

My Bullet mufflers were ordered and installed by a local custom muffler shop..built by Bullet in california.
Cost, $150 each and with tips, install and taxes, came in under $500. Nice mellow sound that will improve with age. Stainless steel glass packs ( with a very high temp fiberglass) with a lifetime warranty--check out their website. Obviously, with the puppy cats and main cat, they don't do much for performance.
Enough said...and no more comments from me(unless asked) regarding RMM. thanks to all who responded and helped me avoid a $300+ mistake.
Old 08-21-01, 04:49 AM
CJIMGO
Driver School Candidate

FOr 1niceride.
Here's the URL for Bullet mufflers

http://www.bulletperformance.com/

Old 08-22-01, 12:59 AM
1niceride
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the link Jim ! I will take a look at them when i make a final decision about my current exhaust ( greddy PE ) .
Old 08-22-01, 11:38 AM
UnstoppableG4

Don't ever buy into this stuff that is just coming out until you see results first you could end up wasting money on a unreliable product wait it out hell you might find something better on the market.
Old 08-22-01, 07:22 PM
CJIMGO
Driver School Candidate

Couldn't agree more.
Thanks.
Old 09-12-01, 03:27 PM
CJIMGO
Driver School Candidate

FYI. K&N had finally produced a replacement air filter for the GS 430. Details:
The filter part # 33-2220 is currently available with a price of $50.97. You can
call 1-800-858-3333 to order.
Old 10-12-01, 07:25 AM
ThemisN
Pole Position

I like that engine cover on the 430...niiice...now if that intake had my stainless steel blitz filter, that engine bay would look even hotter.