Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

My exhaust vid

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-05, 03:19 PM
mikeyboy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds just like my car except mine is 3" piping. No resonators but the piping is all one piece back to the l-tuned mufflers.
Old 09-08-05, 08:36 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 295 Likes on 177 Posts

Hey Jonny,

So the pipes actually intersect and the one from the right cat goes to the left muffler? Looking at the pic it appears that they are straight through from the right cat to the right muffler and same thing on the left hand side...........

Any particular reason why you went with 2.5 rather than 2 1/4 pipes? JBrady recommended 2 1/4 and I am curious to know the reasoning for your decision to go with 2.5 inch pipes instead.

Originally Posted by chuckb
Dx3-pic looks good. now I see why it sounds like a stang. I had a 300hp 5.0 stang with headers/flowmasters and a 2.5 inch H pipe that sounded similar.

Do you notice a loss of low end and a gain of mid to top power? I think if you had gone 2.25 you would have more low end torque
Also, please respond to this question. Thanks!
Old 09-08-05, 12:03 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Hameed
Hey Jonny,

So the pipes actually intersect and the one from the right cat goes to the left muffler? Looking at the pic it appears that they are straight through from the right cat to the right muffler and same thing on the left hand side...........

Any particular reason why you went with 2.5 rather than 2 1/4 pipes? JBrady recommended 2 1/4 and I am curious to know the reasoning for your decision to go with 2.5 inch pipes instead.

Also, please respond to this question. Thanks!
Well, the pipes meet together for the X pipe but they do not cross to opposite sides. left still goes to left and right still goes to right.

I went with 2.5 because that is what my exhaust guy had in mandrel piping - if I had gone with 2.25 then it would have been crush bent which I didn't want.

No, I really didn't notice any low end loss, but I did feel a better response higher end.

This coupled with the headers and S-AFC should make for some good flow and hopefully good numbers.

Hope this helps man,

Jonny
Old 09-15-05, 05:11 PM
AgentWD-40
Driver

I know I'm raising an old thread, but that sounds amazing. How close did the "stock" L-Tuned exhaust sound to that (in terms of volume and tone)? Do you think you can get close to that sound by using the L-Tuned mufflers and cutting out the stock resonators? But I love that sound. It is great to hear a Lexus that sounds like that.

Can somebody give me a link to a stock L-Tuned exhaust video?

Last edited by AgentWD-40; 09-15-05 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-15-05, 06:30 PM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckb
not that it's a bad thing, but it kinda sounds like a Ford Stang 4.6L .
That's the first thing I thought too...It does sound rugged.
Old 09-16-05, 04:47 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by AgentWD-40
I know I'm raising an old thread, but that sounds amazing. How close did the "stock" L-Tuned exhaust sound to that (in terms of volume and tone)? Do you think you can get close to that sound by using the L-Tuned mufflers and cutting out the stock resonators? But I love that sound. It is great to hear a Lexus that sounds like that.

Can somebody give me a link to a stock L-Tuned exhaust video?
My exhust is stock except for the mufflers which is L-tuned and it sounds awesome on it's own............

However if compared to Dx3's exhaust - the difference is day and night in terms of volume and tone. Obviously to me Dx3's exhaust sounds waaaay better!

When I initially got the L-tuned mufflers it sounded great, nice low rumble on start up and when you accelerate hard you can hear the rumble as well. But this mod that Dx3 did is just on a completely different level entirely! Much lounder and absolutely wicked sounding.

Sorry, I don't have a vid, but will make one before I modify mine to be like Dx3's.
Old 09-16-05, 10:16 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Not threadjacking or anything, but you folks should consider posting up your sound clips in the Sticky thread.

Just a suggestion.

Pete
Old 09-16-05, 03:42 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Sorry, I don't have a vid, but will make one before I modify mine to be like Dx3's.
Imitation is the greatest form of flattery

Glad you guys like

Jonny
Old 09-16-05, 03:49 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by Dx3
Imitation is the greatest form of flattery

Glad you guys like

Jonny
You will not believe that I listen to your exhaust vid every single day when I come to my computer. Just plain awesome and sooooo sweeeeeet!!!
Old 09-16-05, 07:47 PM
Hollywood
Lead Lap

Ya I agree that sounds bad ***. Cant wait to get my headers so I can redo my y-pipe, which will increase my exhaust note aggresiveness too.
Old 09-16-05, 10:22 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. Can't wait to get my headers on too

Jonny
Old 09-25-05, 12:15 PM
sockfocks
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

ahh this exhaust sounds really awesome in person...got to hear it the other day....NEVER heard a Lexus sound like that.......i'm betting a sound file does not do it justice....
Old 09-25-05, 03:36 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by sockfocks
ahh this exhaust sounds really awesome in person...got to hear it the other day....NEVER heard a Lexus sound like that.......i'm betting a sound file does not do it justice....
Thx man - glad someone got to hear it for real

Will call you when I get off Monday.

Jonny
Old 01-18-06, 01:36 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Hey Jonny,

Did you ever do the drive by shoot of your car so that we can hear how sweet your exhaust sounds?

Have you installed your SS headers yet and done the SAFC tuning? What type of intake do you have?
Old 01-18-06, 06:38 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Hey Jonny,

Did you ever do the drive by shoot of your car so that we can hear how sweet your exhaust sounds?

Have you installed your SS headers yet and done the SAFC tuning? What type of intake do you have?
Hameed,

Well, I have the RMM supercharger now so no intake for me!!

The car has been at my mechanics trying to find out the source of my fuel problems so I haven't driven it in a couple of months! Would kind of like it back!!

As soon as it gets up and running Sockfocks and I will make a killer video for ya Stay tuned!

Jonny

Quick Reply: My exhaust vid