Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

thinking about getting srt intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-05, 04:22 PM
marek955i
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation thinking about getting srt intake

Need help on deciding if i should go with the srt intake or if i should go with the k&n setup, where is the best place to buy from and how hard is it to install?
thanks a bunch mark
Old 09-14-05, 04:26 PM
RAristo
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SRT intake is pretty easy to install. However, you would need their piggy-back ECU in order to get more out of it.
Old 09-14-05, 05:03 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RAristo
SRT intake is pretty easy to install. However, you would need their piggy-back ECU in order to get more out of it.
Well, the intake comes with the ECU so don't worry about that.

I really like my SRT, it sounds awesome. Installation is not difficult at all, I'd give it a 3/10 on difficulty scale. Just make sure you have a soldering iron!

As for the K&N, I have never had one so I will let someone who has one chime in on that.

Jonny
Old 09-15-05, 06:49 AM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by marek955i
Need help on deciding if i should go with the srt intake or if i should go with the k&n setup, where is the best place to buy from and how hard is it to install?
thanks a bunch mark
This is my first post to the site. I have been lurking in the shadows pretty much just checking out what everone has to say and all the great mods everyone has done. I to have been looking at adding the SRT or K&N intake to my 2001 GS430 so I will be interested in what everyone has to say about this. I know it has been discussed many times before but more opionions are always great. I am an electrical engineer so the wiring thing does not bother me at all. Just want to make sure the extra $$ is worth it. Thanks. Bill.
Old 09-16-05, 12:12 AM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get the SRT
Old 09-16-05, 09:19 AM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by RAristo
You MUST use the ECU mod with the SRT intake. The intake is larger diameter than stock and will dangerously lean the A/F ratio without the ECU mod. As said above it comes with the intake. This does not mean the SRT is a dangerous mod. It would be my choice of the current available intakes.