Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

My new mods update

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-05, 02:43 PM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it will be about like the SC430 they did rwhp 313 tq324 I think they want to stay alittle on the conservative side for reliability. I think the egine blocks run $15K to replace. If it 's like the IS/GS300 kits they are doing you'll probably be able to get them in higher output and boost levels.

JP430;
I think the issue with the 3.76 gear ing was with the forced induction engine it was more incline to rev up too fast and bounce the rev limit. Maybe DAVEGS4 will chim in if i'm not correct.

I thought the reason alot of FI cars had large intercoolers was to lower the intake charge as much as possible.?? I thought the larger the better and the most efficien in take charge.

Maybe the I-manage can go inthe center armrest??

Last edited by GILLEXUS; 09-16-05 at 05:57 AM.
Old 09-15-05, 06:27 PM
jp430
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by GILLEXUS
I think it will be about like the SC430 they did rwhp 313 tq324 I think they want to stay alittle on the conservative side for reliability. I tink the egine blocks run $15K to replace. If it 's like the IS/GS300 kits they are doing you'll probably be able to get them in higher output and boost levels.

JP430;
I think the issue with the 3.76 gear ing was with the forced induction engine it was more incline to rev up too fast and bounce the rev limit. Maybe DAVEGS4 will chim in if i'm not correct.

I thought the reason alot of FI cars had large intercoolers was to lower the intake charge as much as possible.?? I thought the larger the better and the most efficien in take charge.

Thanks for all the input guys. We will have to see how the gearing works out. I hope it works so it is not a waste of 1700.00 : ( . That is a good Idea for the i-manage, but I kind of wanted to see it all the time. I am thinking somewhere on the dash. I do not want to disclose the price of the supercharger..... for price please contact LMS
Old 09-15-05, 06:49 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it will be about like the SC430 they did rwhp 313 tq324 I think they want to stay alittle on the conservative side for reliability. I tink the egine blocks run $15K to replace. If it 's like the IS/GS300 kits they are doing you'll probably be able to get them in higher output and boost levels.

JP430;

Guys, just so everyone is aware... The SC they will be using can spin at faster speeds for more boost. The ATI Procharger C2 can handle 8-10 psi. The Overboost SC430 they did was the first install and kept it simple for testing. I believe boost was kept around 5-6psi. Now with their own FMU and secondary fuel pump, increasing the boost with additional fuel on tap should not be a problem. Also keep in mind that increasing the rpms on a SC will slowly wear out the bearings and gears. So you need to find a happy medium.

The intercooler that is on the GS430 currently is the one they use for the IS300. Down the road when the kit is in production, they may go to a slightly larger one. Don't be fooled that larger is always better. Remember, any part of the intercooler that is not getting airflow is most likely getting heat soak from the radiator. Unless you have a huge "open mouth" front bumper, anything taller than 7" is overkill for a street car. Another important aspect is what type of core is used. LMS uses high quality stuff that look good and perform well.

If you guys have any other questions about the kit, PM me. I have been brought up to speed regarding this kit and will try to answer any questions you may have. Don't ask me about price... That is still up in the air until the piping/install is done.

Also, HUGE props goes out to jp430 for taking the plunge into the FI world. When everything is said and done, I'm sure this kit will be very clean and perform well.

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 09-15-05 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-15-05, 07:51 PM
Lexy GS430
Lexus Test Driver

About time, i'm in on this kit cause my 430 really needs it. Now just seat back, and wait for specs, and final production kit.
Old 09-15-05, 07:55 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

But then you wont be able to see the bright flashing blue light that blinds you while under boost!
Old 09-15-05, 08:40 PM
jp430
Driver

Originally Posted by LXOGOOD
Guys, just so everyone is aware... The SC they will be using can spin at faster speeds for more boost. The ATI Procharger C2 can handle 8-10 psi. The Overboost SC430 they did was the first install and kept it simple for testing. I believe boost was kept around 5-6psi. Now with their own FMU and secondary fuel pump, increasing the boost with additional fuel on tap should not be a problem. Also keep in mind that increasing the rpms on a SC will slowly wear out the bearings and gears. So you need to find a happy medium.

The intercooler that is on the GS430 currently is the one they use for the IS300. Down the road when the kit is in production, they may go to a slightly larger one. Don't be fooled that larger is always better. Remember, any part of the intercooler that is not getting airflow is most likely getting heat soak from the radiator. Unless you have a huge "open mouth" front bumper, anything taller than 7" is overkill for a street car. Another important aspect is what type of core is used. LMS uses high quality stuff that look good and perform well.

If you guys have any other questions about the kit, PM me. I have been brought up to speed regarding this kit and will try to answer any questions you may have. Don't ask me about price... That is still up in the air until the piping/install is done.

Also, HUGE props goes out to jp430 for taking the plunge into the FI world. When everything is said and done, I'm sure this kit will be very clean and perform well.
Thanx LXOGOOD. When we had are cars in the shop I dont think I could have been able to tell them apart, except for all the sponsor stickers you have. We will have to take "the twins" out to the track when it is all done. By the way, do you think the 3.76 gears will be a problem???
Old 09-15-05, 08:42 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

ken
what exactly is different in this kit fromt he kit i got for my 430 also when would this acutally be in production
Old 09-16-05, 12:55 AM
LasVegasGS
Lead Lap

Id like to know the same thing as 00 when will we be able to buy this thing.
Old 09-16-05, 08:25 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 00lexondub
ken
what exactly is different in this kit fromt he kit i got for my 430 also when would this acutally be in production

Rick, do you mean what is the difference between the RMM and the LMS kit?

The LMS kit will be fully polished just like like out IS/GS300 kit. Another great option is if you want to do a stealth look, LMS can have all the pipes done in black powercoat including the intercooler. Just recently they did a full yellow powdercoat job including bracket on a IS300. It was a perfect match to his yellow paint.

The supercharger they will be using will most likely be the ATI Procharger C2. It's a solid unit that performs well. It's a bit louder than the Vortech or the Powerdyne BD11-a. It's a self-contained unit so no need to tap with oil lines. I believe ATI has a 2 year warranty on their chargers...

The LMS kit will come with a secondary booster pump and their own i-Manage (FMU). You will be able to control the duty cycle as your car ramps up while building boost. For more information on this, please contact Steve at Luxury Motorworks.

The LMS kit will not come with larger injectors. I'm not certain but I believe the RMM came with 310cc. For anyone looking for maximum boost/HP out of their GS430 kit, you may want to inquire about purchasing larger injectors from LMS.

The first GS430 should be complete by the end of the month. After that, it's just a matter of getting all the pipes done and ordering the chargers. Guys, feel free to contact Luxury Motorworks for any questions you may have. They will take the time to talk to you...

~Ken
Old 09-16-05, 11:03 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

congrats jp430 definately get us some track numbers.

btw, just curious-how many miles on your car?
Old 09-16-05, 11:25 AM
jp430
Driver

Originally Posted by chuckb
congrats jp430 definately get us some track numbers.

btw, just curious-how many miles on your car?

Thank you

I have about 52k
Old 09-16-05, 12:51 PM
GTSLEX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LEXISM
off course not

Darn it, time to find a friend at the smog shop

Can anybody give a ball park figure on the gs430 s/c.?