Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

LMS GS430 S/C update

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-05, 09:07 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lexforlife
so far much better thought out design than rmm

I"ll have to disagree with that Ed

look at this pic again and tell me what you see

Have fun trying to change

1.the serpentine belt
2.thermostat
3.lower radiator hose

With the RMM kit ..just remove the pipe with the MAF sensor and you are good to go

IF i really looked at this pic im sure other things would be a ***** to change

they need to cut up the piping and make it more friendly to the mechanic like RMM does
Old 09-22-05, 09:09 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Also what does the supercharger run off of ?????
Old 09-23-05, 08:55 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TLW
Also what does the supercharger run off of ?????

does anyone have thw answer???
Old 09-23-05, 11:45 AM
jp430
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TLW
does anyone have thw answer???

Serpintine belt
Old 09-23-05, 11:47 AM
jp430
Driver

LMS does all the work on my car. If they want to make it difficult for them to work on........ I dont know, I am not a mechanic
Old 09-23-05, 12:21 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

ok

you have the supercharger pulley which the belt goes around

What other pulley is it connected to ?

something is spinng the belt ? Is it the Power steering or Crank or waterfreeze point valve
Old 09-23-05, 04:07 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by TLW
ok

you have the supercharger pulley which the belt goes around

What other pulley is it connected to ?

something is spinng the belt ? Is it the Power steering or Crank or waterfreeze point valve

its a simple very uncluttered design .. the belt is driven off main crank pully , if my notes from dealing with steve over there are correct its one belt off the main crank.. as far as changing belts its easy as pie , right below the maf is a coupling so that section can be removed..

this kit is well thought out.. i just installed a very similar kit on my friends z06 last week.. it uses the same blower which is self contained

what i really like is the way the intercooler piping is run although for my kit i will be running it up the drivers side like srts design for a more positive quicker cooler charge of compressed air.. the air intake on this design will be running down behind the fog light where it should be so it will ingest nothing but cool dense air..

i hopefully can work out the finer details with these great bunch of guys soon and steve if you are reading this please reply to my last email

unlike rmm kit which is not bad but not totally good either , this kit does not req tapping oil system , does not req moving anything by the intercooler, does not even req moving power steering res , its a straight forward bolt on design that should deliver smooth power
Old 09-23-05, 06:26 PM
Luxury Motorworks
Driver

Thank you to everyone for the kind words. I am not going to decipher which kit is better or why we did what we did and why someone else did what they did. Every one has there reasons and not one is better than the other. They are only opinions. I can tell you it is very easy to change the radiator hose and thermostat. I can also tell you it is a little bit harder to change the serpentine belt. When we design the superchargers we design them around the super charger and what is the least intrusive for the car. Not the mechanic. We do what we think will be best for boost not what will be the easiest for the mechanic to service. We also take into concideration if the kit were to ever be removed we design them so no one will ever know it was there. If we can do it all. Great! If we have to decide between one or the other we will chose what is best for the supercharger and the vehicle. There is a lot that goes into developing a kit and you can't please everyone all the time. But, we sure try.
I am sure JP430 will keep you all posted on the progression.

Thanks again,
Steve

Last edited by Luxury Motorworks; 09-23-05 at 06:32 PM.
Old 09-23-05, 07:34 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Luxury Motorworks
Thank you to everyone for the kind words. I am not going to decipher which kit is better or why we did what we did and why someone else did what they did. Every one has there reasons and not one is better than the other. They are only opinions. I can tell you it is very easy to change the radiator hose and thermostat. I can also tell you it is a little bit harder to change the serpentine belt. When we design the superchargers we design them around the super charger and what is the least intrusive for the car. Not the mechanic. We do what we think will be best for boost not what will be the easiest for the mechanic to service. We also take into concideration if the kit were to ever be removed we design them so no one will ever know it was there. If we can do it all. Great! If we have to decide between one or the other we will chose what is best for the supercharger and the vehicle. There is a lot that goes into developing a kit and you can't please everyone all the time. But, we sure try.

Thanks again,
Steve
thanks for the explanation but steve i still feel your design is outstanding
Old 09-24-05, 02:11 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Luxury Motorworks

Thanks again,
Steve
Steve , from your mouth the kit runs off of which pulley ??
Old 09-24-05, 02:22 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

right below the maf is a coupling so that section can be removed..
show me Because from these two pics I dont see a coupling right below the MAF

Unless you are telling me

Jack up the car, remove the under engine cover, and then take this coupling off

That i could understand
Old 09-24-05, 02:27 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

the air intake on this design will be running down behind the fog light where it should be so it will ingest nothing but cool dense air..
what about water??I have heard horror stories of water getting sucked into the engine when the intake is that low
Old 09-24-05, 05:31 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TLW
what about water??I have heard horror stories of water getting sucked into the engine when the intake is that low

jonny right now i run a intake pipe right next to my pass side fog light , its a 21/2 in opening i cut into the black plastic piece with 21/2 in tubing running into the airbox for alittle higher charge of air into the box coupled with a toms high flow filter.. i have been using this for 2 yrs through our bad rainy seasons down here without issue ever . if placed right the intake filter will have no issues
Old 09-24-05, 05:33 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TLW
show me Because from these two pics I dont see a coupling right below the MAF

Unless you are telling me

Jack up the car, remove the under engine cover, and then take this coupling off

That i could understand
look down just below the blower right there looks to be a coupling
Old 09-24-05, 06:16 AM
TLW