Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Turbo IS300???

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-01, 04:12 PM
racerxsv

Talking

I have a 2001 Lexus IS300...
I want to Turbocharge the car.....
does anyone make a system, because out here in california, so far nobody has one yet as to my knowledge. I have emailed Toyomoto because i saw the pic of his black IS300 with a turbo system...
I need some information and to the cost...

At this point....I could drop 10,000 US dollars to build a custom setup but nobody can guarantee a chip....

help....
want to turbo charge my car.....only want 300hp for a daily driven lexus....

thanks for your time...
jimmy
email: james@sq1designs.com
Old 07-15-01, 06:26 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

if you are in Cali try calling XS engineering.

www.xs-engineering.com

they make a kit for your car...

toyomoto makes a kit.
if you want a SuperCharger Area51 makes a kit
and SwiftRacing makes a kit
www.swiftracing.com
this is being moved to the Engine forum...
Old 07-16-01, 07:34 AM
haveboost
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I seriously suggest shipping the car to Toyomoto, I know he has a kit sitting on the shelf. I was kind of interested, but I'm still thinking about it. (Wife if you know what I mean) He told me 400rwhp RELIABLE. And he'll tune the car on Haltech. I'm sure he'll be able to accomodate you, within your budget.

BUT the best part is in stock.

Good Luck!
Old 07-16-01, 01:53 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

haveboost has a good point Lance has the parts in stock. XS makes good setups tho and it a hell of alot closer..the choice is up to you.... I would call both place and talk to someone that is what I did when I went on hunt for the Forced Induction setup... talkin to the tuners is the best thing to do get an idea of what they are giving you, will it be good for daily driving as well as at the track and is it in your budget. also for me hopw far it was made a big impact on my final outcome..

I liked the XS kit as well as the toyomoto kit but SRT is only 2 hours away and offerd a sponsorship hence I went with the closer and better deal... wouldn't you have.?

do research
Old 07-17-01, 06:00 AM
haveboost
Rookie

fairuza11, You said the magic words. "Do your Research" That's exactly what I do, either on a filter kit, or a major add on (Supercharged,Turbo, etc...)

The key is to cover all your bases. Whatever you decide, good luck, and don't forget to post the results.

Old 07-23-01, 04:40 PM
ineedblownIS300
Driver School Candidate

Angry SUPERCHARGER?!?!?!

I've heard a lot of talk on this board about Turbos and Superchargers for the IS300. I've looked around...Swift Racing, TRD, HKS, Stillen...but have found nothing concrete. Apparently Area 51 Fabrications has a Supercharger kit (per Black_IS300) but can't afford a website?! That's odd in 2001. TRD has one in development that should be ready in the Fall, which may conicide nicely with my expected purchase of a manual IS300. I don't even own an IS300! I'm actually basing my decision to purchase one on the availability of a Supercharger!?

Does anyone out there have facts - pricing, performance, installation, warranty - on a Supercharger that's available today?

I'm a simple man...I just want 250hp at the wheel.

All feedback is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-23-01, 06:19 PM
haveboost
Rookie

If all you are waiting for is availability, then I suggest you go and buy yourself one, right now!
As stated above from previous post on this thread. (make sure you read them)

TRD will be offering one and for the hp numbers you are looking for. (and retain factory warranty)

I know SRT is working on a supercharger that will be done soon, with some impressive hp numbers. (remember you can always purchase a stage 1, which is around the hp numbers you're looking for).

Area 51 has one already, now I don't think it's fair for you to say "that they can't afford a website". I met those guys @ houston for a drag race up there. They're a professional bunch (from my opinion) and they seem to know their stuff.

Toyomoto has a turbo kit and I've seen the results. VERY impressive!

Don't hold your opinions based on websites. Alot of these shops (in the industry) may have beatiful websites, but they know NOTHING about modifying our cars.

Just do your RESEARCH and you will find the best tuners websites, don't contain too much info.

GOOD LUCK!
Old 07-23-01, 06:55 PM
ineedblownIS300
Driver School Candidate

Smile Your comments appreciated...

No problem dude, I was just kidding about the website (or lack thereof), I know that websites can be misleading anyway. I am sure they're great guys with great products.

I am just real anxious about the possibilities of a supercharged IS, especially one covered under warranty like TRD's. Performance rocks but reliability is a must. I can't be driving two hours to some specialty racing garage because some sensor light keeps coming on, know what I mean?
I'd be considering an M3 if there wasn't a 12 month waiting list or a $10k over list premium. Best of luck in your quest for speed....