Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

LMS SC results/NEW UPDATE w/jbrady Headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-05, 07:18 AM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those are good numbers.. glad to see another supercharged gs430 out there.. now i wish i was taking mine off
Old 10-23-05, 07:33 AM
Dr.G
Lead Lap

Very nice Car looks great too! Couldn't help but to notice the brightness of your DRL's, what lights are you running?
Old 10-23-05, 09:01 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The dyno at LMS is a Mustang Dyno. Pretty sure if jp430 were to go and dyno on a Dyno Jet, the #'s would be about 15-25rwhp more.

jp430: John, Looking at the dyno graph, you're running rich baby.. Need to lean her up a bit to squeeze out more HP. The wideband display is a PLX device. I introduced the wideband to LMS and with it's easy install, they liked it and began selling it. It's commonly used in racing cars due to the large display for easy viewing. You want to see your wideband #'s around 11.6. Anything in the 10's is too rich. Will talk more bro...

Awesome to see her boosting....

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 10-25-05 at 04:05 PM.
Old 10-23-05, 10:47 AM
GS3T
Lead Lap

congrats on the results
Old 10-23-05, 12:54 PM
jp430
Driver

Originally Posted by lexforlife
great job bro.. i like the numbers and i knew the overall design was made to work and work well.. i am not after high hp numbers nor after destroying a 5k+ tranny either so for me in the 320-350 to wheels numbers are fine.. imagine his numbers were done on stock injectors and a fmu .. i always knew it was alittle over kill for i found out that the duty cycle of out stocks were not maxed out and had suffient room to play with if you are not after higher numbers.. its certainly nice to know with the procharger and a larger fuel pump bigger injectors and slight pulley change 400 rwhp can be safely achieved again great job luxury motor

now i am waiting for steve to finish my stuff or decide what direction he and i are going..

can you post some closeup shots of the entire s/c setup from different angles and btw the explosion front with a intercooler of that size with inlet and outlet on either side looks sweet , although one suggestion , get a quality matching mesh to mount between the inetcooler and bumper to give the front area alittle more stealth look .. in other words with your polished intercooler those who know will see it clearly and those who just got a **** whipping will sit there

again great job , and i hope i am next steve

Hey steve, thanks bro

I already have the mesh that will match perfect I know what you are saying about the 400whp. I am sooooo tempted. Its just that I want my car to last. I think maybe racing gas may get me close to those numbers (I dont really know ) It is so much faster than stock, and bye bye M3
Old 10-23-05, 01:17 PM
jp430
Driver

Originally Posted by Dr.G
Very nice Car looks great too! Couldn't help but to notice the brightness of your DRL's, what lights are you running?

I have HID on all bulbs (drl, low beams,fogs) Everyone should run hid for there drls, looks soooo hot.
Old 10-23-05, 01:22 PM
jp430
Driver

Originally Posted by LXOGOOD
The dyno at LMS is a Mustang Dyno. Pretty sure if jp430 were to go and dyno on a Dyno Jet, the #'s would be about 15-25rwhp more.

jp430: John, Looking at the dyno graph, you're running rich baby.. Need to lean her up a bit to squeeze out more HP. The wideband display is a PLX device. I introduced the wideband to LMS and with it's easy install, they liked it and began selling it. It's commonly used in racing cars due to the large display for easy viewing. You want to see your wideband #'s around 11.5. Anything in the 10's is too rich. Will talk more bro...

Awesome to see her boosting....
Ken

Ya we will work the AFR out. You know they are just being cautious right now. Maybe should have adjusted it before dyno. I was at LMS last night waiting for you to show up

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 10-25-05 at 04:06 PM.
Old 10-23-05, 02:03 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jp430
Hey steve, thanks bro

I already have the mesh that will match perfect I know what you are saying about the 400whp. I am sooooo tempted. Its just that I want my car to last. I think maybe racing gas may get me close to those numbers (I dont really know ) It is so much faster than stock, and bye bye M3

thanks bro for the info but i am ed i was directing the begging to steve at luxury
Old 10-24-05, 03:17 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ken

Ya we will work the AFR out. You know they are just being cautious right now. Maybe should have adjusted it before dyno. I was at LMS last night waiting for you to show up
JP430,
Did'nt LMS tune/adjust the A/F levels when they installed the S/C? Isn't that part of the install.

LXOGOOD,
Does PLX offer a gauge display instead of the LED display? I was just thinking if someone want to keep there clock they could do a single pod guage in the left pilar ( like DaveGS4) I do really like how yours display is is in the clock area keeps everthing clean & uncluttered.

I did not know that it was that much difference between the Mustang and Dynojet dynos. Can you save dyno readings on a file w/ the Mustang dyno? If so any special program to read them.?

Last edited by GILLEXUS; 10-24-05 at 03:21 AM.
Old 10-24-05, 08:51 AM
Lexizm
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great job and your car looks sweet
Old 10-24-05, 09:06 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GILLEXUS
JP430,
Did'nt LMS tune/adjust the A/F levels when they installed the S/C? Isn't that part of the install.

LXOGOOD,
Does PLX offer a gauge display instead of the LED display? I was just thinking if someone want to keep there clock they could do a single pod guage in the left pilar ( like DaveGS4) I do really like how yours display is is in the clock area keeps everthing clean & uncluttered.

I did not know that it was that much difference between the Mustang and Dynojet dynos. Can you save dyno readings on a file w/ the Mustang dyno? If so any special program to read them.?

here's the link to PLX Devices. They have a bunch of cool stuff.
http://www.plxdevices.com/

In regards to tuning, the car isn't finished yet. I believe they still have to install the headers and then they will fine tune the air/fuel. Basically, it's an on going project and the dyno #'s you see are just baseline right now.

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 10-24-05 at 09:37 AM.
Old 10-24-05, 05:26 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

The guys at the shop were a little hesitant to install the XS ignition pack they were scared the that it may cause the car to pre-combust and blow up. I am glad to hear that you are not having any problem with it. Ya we may do that with the dyno. I do not think I will get more then 2-5hp with the xs pack. We will see. HI98GS are you running FI? I am running stock injectors @ 6-7psi
Yeah, I am running a TT setup, 550 cc RC engineering injectors, Autronic engine management, and a few other goodies.

Last edited by HI98GS; 10-24-05 at 06:29 PM.
Old 10-25-05, 02:42 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LXOGOOD,
here's the link to PLX Devices. They have a bunch of cool stuff.
http://www.plxdevices.com/

In regards to tuning, the car isn't finished yet. I believe they still have to install the headers and then they will fine tune the air/fuel. Basically, it's an on going project and the dyno #'s you see are just baseline right now.
Thanks Ken, that gives me some options. The LMS Super charger is defintely on my X-mas list. Maybe by then they will have a few more done and any tuning bugs ironed out and pulling 375rwhp LOL Iknow that is not likely but its nice to dream I do want to retain most of the Lexus reliabilty. If I can find a decent fitting single pod for the pilar I can keep the clock and the I-manage unit will have the boost display. Do you know of anyone using a single pilar pod and what brand it is??

I believe JP430 has the TQ converter mod but I notice that his TQ reading ( 300TQ) is not abnormaly high compared to the SC430 that was done. Do you know if the Mustang dyno negates the hi stall speed affect of the TQ converter? I've alway heard here on CL that the TQ converter upgrade will will give you a really hi dyno reading unless the TQ converter is locked down.
Unless LMS has a way to lock down the TQ converter.

Last edited by GILLEXUS; 10-25-05 at 02:48 AM.
Old 10-25-05, 04:29 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Default Update 10/25/2005

OK Guys.. Here's what we have been waiting for. A special thanks goes out to LMS for installing the jbrady headers in a short time. Also, much props to John (jp430) for digging deep into his pockets to get this done!

Before Headers:

RWHP= 313 / TQ= 301/ Boost= 6.5lbs. / A/F= 10.5

After Headers:

RWHP= 339 / TQ= 316 / Boost= 6.0 lbs. / A/F= 10.5

Looks like the headers make a huge improvement in HP & TQ. The flow design is much better than factory. The #'s suprised all of us and as soon as John gets the dyno sheet & his car, he will post up. One note, the car did lose about .5lbs of boost which was expected when going to aftermarket headers. Overall, everyone was very impressed and I'm sure John will chime in when he drives the crap out of the car. LMS is keeping the A/F a tad rich to prevent detonation on the motor. I'm sure with more tuning and a dyno jet, HP #'s should jump even higher. That's all for now... I'll let John keep ya guys posted!
Old 10-25-05, 05:09 PM
trbopooh
Lead Lap

John, CONGRATS!!!!

Quick Reply: LMS SC results/NEW UPDATE w/jbrady Headers