Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

LMS SC results/NEW UPDATE w/jbrady Headers

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-05, 10:00 PM
Mrbig
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default !!!

Please let us know if you get any 1/4 mile times with this setup i would love too see wat it would run with your current mods......
Old 10-30-05, 08:12 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Ok guys, met up with John today and had a chance to test drive his car. All I can say is that his car feels super strong. Makes me wish my supercharged GS300 had that torque. I was only able to run the car up to about 65mph before I had to shut it down due to public roads.

Side note... John and I will have to get together one night at the track for some fun. Very interested in 1/4 mile times with our cars.
Old 10-30-05, 08:16 PM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by LXOGOOD
Ok guys, met up with John today and had a chance to test drive his car. All I can say is that his car feels super strong. Makes me wish my supercharged GS300 had that torque. I was only able to run the car up to about 65mph before I had to shut it down due to public roads.

Side note... John and I will have to get together one night at the track for some fun. Very interested in 1/4 mile times with our cars.
Is he having too much fun to post an update

Definitely looking forward to those track reports
Old 10-31-05, 12:23 AM
jp430
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LXOGOOD

Thanx Ken

I think we should get a few CL members together and go out to a track. Maybe hook up with the guys at LMS and all roll out together.

Jbrady- The thing I notice about the headers most is the response. There is no lag time like before, the air just flows now. I had no idea that it would make such a big difference (but also,back when I ordered the headers I did not know I was going FI so soon). I think the headers are a must with FI 430's. The before and after is night and day Thanx again
Old 10-31-05, 06:01 AM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jp430
Jbrady- The thing I notice about the headers most is the response. There is no lag time like before, the air just flows now. I had no idea that it would make such a big difference (but also,back when I ordered the headers I did not know I was going FI so soon). I think the headers are a must with FI 430's. The before and after is night and day Thanx again
Excellent. What you are describing is transient response. This is the way an engine feels when you go from part throttle to more throttle. It is the quality known by names such as "crisp" "snappy" "sharp" and the like. You can build 2 different engines to have a very similar power curve but completely different transient responses. In comparision with each other one can FEEL flat while the other leave you with the impression that it is much more powerful due to the response. Since both engines have a similar power curve this "response" does not readily show up in the dyno room. But the impact it makes on driving enjoyment is substantial.

So, not only did you gain power very nicely you also gained that tough to quantify but "you know it when you feel it" rockin engine response. Sweet.

Last edited by JBrady; 10-31-05 at 06:04 AM.
Old 10-31-05, 09:38 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

wow ..... no money to go FI
Old 10-31-05, 11:16 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

JP430 I was wondering if you ever got a chance to put in the XS power pack and dyno the car. I have it in my car and the car idles much better. I almost have to check the car to see that it is still running. That's how good the idle is (and this is without the AC on)
Old 11-01-05, 03:52 PM
jp430
Driver

Originally Posted by HI98GS
JP430 I was wondering if you ever got a chance to put in the XS power pack and dyno the car. I have it in my car and the car idles much better. I almost have to check the car to see that it is still running. That's how good the idle is (and this is without the AC on)

It is really hard for me to tell. I did everything so close to the other. Suspention (daizen, toms), SC, XS pack, headers, exhaust. It does idle well. I was driving this morning and it ran real well in the cold weather. Then when I took it to lunch it felt kind of sluggish in the hot weather. It is amazing what a difference the weather makes. It does hit the rev lim when the VCS is on some times (I think). I am sure the ignition booster is helping, but with so much other stuff on this car it is hard to tell what did what. The headers are a MUST if you plan on going FI, stock can not handle the boost.

Last edited by jp430; 11-01-05 at 03:56 PM.
Old 11-01-05, 04:53 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

JP430, fantastic numbers!!! A little birdie told me to sneak over to the GS forum and check out the hot supercharged GS with the JB/SS headers. Fantastic!! Great to see you Boostin!! Keep it up. The UZFE V8s have awesome potential, especially with FI.

Ryan
Old 11-01-05, 08:40 PM
jp430
Driver

Originally Posted by SC400T
JP430, fantastic numbers!!! A little birdie told me to sneak over to the GS forum and check out the hot supercharged GS with the JB/SS headers. Fantastic!! Great to see you Boostin!! Keep it up. The UZFE V8s have awesome potential, especially with FI.

Ryan

Hey, Thanks SC400. I appreciate that. I need to start getting out of these GS forums and see what you SC guys are up to. SC400 did you get the headers? To all you CL members, if you can afford these headers.........GET THEM!!!
Old 11-01-05, 10:56 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jp430
It is really hard for me to tell. I did everything so close to the other. Suspention (daizen, toms), SC, XS pack, headers, exhaust. It does idle well. I was driving this morning and it ran real well in the cold weather. Then when I took it to lunch it felt kind of sluggish in the hot weather. It is amazing what a difference the weather makes. It does hit the rev lim when the VCS is on some times (I think). I am sure the ignition booster is helping, but with so much other stuff on this car it is hard to tell what did what. The headers are a MUST if you plan on going FI, stock can not handle the boost.
Unfortunately I cannot use the jbrady headers due to the fact that I am TT'd not SC'd.
Old 11-02-05, 11:08 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by HI98GS
Unfortunately I cannot use the jbrady headers due to the fact that I am TT'd not SC'd.
Hi98GS ..are there any pics of your set up here on CL ...

sorry for the thread jack
Old 11-02-05, 12:12 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

Check your PM
Originally Posted by LEXISM
Hi98GS ..are there any pics of your set up here on CL ...

sorry for the thread jack
Old 11-05-05, 01:30 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JP430,
Since your 1st to get the headers on a 430,did it line up to the Y pipe or did you have to make some adjustments?

Last edited by GILLEXUS; 11-05-05 at 10:58 PM.
Old 11-05-05, 03:26 PM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GILLEXUS
JP430,
Since your 1st to get the headers on a 430,did it line up to the Y pipe or did you have to make an adjustments?
Excellent question. My guess is that with the quick install that it is a direct bolt in

What is the word jp?

Quick Reply: LMS SC results/NEW UPDATE w/jbrady Headers