Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

High output altenator

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-10, 11:06 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

anyone used power bastard? They claim brand new and don't need a return core.

http://www.powerbastards.com/proddet...od=Fitzall-220
Old 04-05-10, 11:43 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by sam430
anyone used power bastard? They claim brand new and don't need a return core.

http://www.powerbastards.com/proddet...od=Fitzall-220
iraggi doesnt require a core, they build u one and send it to you, thats all there is to it.
Old 04-06-10, 04:52 PM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
im gonna be running close to 7-8k watts and the alternator im getting made for is by a company called iraggi. a 330 amp with a lifetime warranty is 679 and without a lifetime warranty its 579 (my 0.02....get the warranty) check this post and you will see some contact info for them towards the last pages

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...xx-owners.html
first of all i must say, damn you got a hell of an audio set-up running there bud so clean and neat second, thank you for the response.

I am not looking to spend more than $200 on an alternator. I have a few local alternator shop around my way that will sell me a 150 amp for $180 I was hoping to get a better price online.

Question: If i decide to go w/ the 150 amp alternator and a second yellow-top battery is that sufficient enough to handle my set-up?
Old 04-08-10, 10:08 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lowKut
first of all i must say, damn you got a hell of an audio set-up running there bud so clean and neat second, thank you for the response.

I am not looking to spend more than $200 on an alternator. I have a few local alternator shop around my way that will sell me a 150 amp for $180 I was hoping to get a better price online.

Question: If i decide to go w/ the 150 amp alternator and a second yellow-top battery is that sufficient enough to handle my set-up?
well, ty....although its not done. i literally am just paying for my alternator this week.

and $200.....i dunno what to tell u man. if u pushing 3000 watts i DOUBT a 150 amp alternator will suffice EVEN with another battery. i mean my OEM gs430 makes 100 amps on the oem so 150 isnt much of a jump...

email Dominique as they have a few options for alternators. starting from 150 amps to 330 amps. none are cores....u pay the build em and send you a alternator

dominick@tds.net

im going with a 330 amp alternator myself...PLUS my yellow top under hood PLUS a kinetic hc2400 in the trunk man. im going with the old expression better safe than sorry. how much u paying for your 2nd yellow top? depending on the price i can recommend a better kinetic battery that is close to the same cost and is better
Old 04-10-10, 10:18 PM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

well, ty....although its not done. i literally am just paying for my alternator this week.

and $200.....i dunno what to tell u man. if u pushing 3000 watts i DOUBT a 150 amp alternator will suffice EVEN with another battery. i mean my OEM gs430 makes 100 amps on the oem so 150 isnt much of a jump...

email Dominique as they have a few options for alternators. starting from 150 amps to 330 amps. none are cores....u pay the build em and send you a alternator

dominick@tds.net
Thanks for the response... my alternator dilemma is just getting worst as the weeks goes by now. The local shop that was going to re-build my current alternator at 150 amp contacted me stating they can only do 130 amp.
I have quite a lot of work to get done on this car, but will not proceed until i get this rectified (my currently alternator do not recharge my new optima yellow top battery. Have to jump start every time. Alternator tested and came back good).

Found This 180 AMP on Ebay, but very reluctant to buy an alternator from Ebay.

how much u paying for your 2nd yellow top? depending on the price i can recommend a better kinetic battery that is close to the same cost and is better
I have seen quite a few used optima yellow top on craig's list locally for $100.
Old 04-11-10, 01:17 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by lowKut
Thanks for the response... my alternator dilemma is just getting worst as the weeks goes by now. The local shop that was going to re-build my current alternator at 150 amp contacted me stating they can only do 130 amp.
I have quite a lot of work to get done on this car, but will not proceed until i get this rectified (my currently alternator do not recharge my new optima yellow top battery. Have to jump start every time. Alternator tested and came back good).

Found This 180 AMP on Ebay, but very reluctant to buy an alternator from Ebay.

I have seen quite a few used optima yellow top on craig's list locally for $100.
yeah me personally i try and stay away from ebay for alternators by unheard of companies and used batteries are a no no for me....BTW 180 may not be enough for u...although its getter better.

im trying to pay for my damn alternator myself and been unable to get in touch with dominique for bout 2 days....maybe he's outta town. we'll see... ugh
Old 04-17-10, 08:52 AM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Alright, after searching for over 8 weeks in finding a local shop that can re-build my alternator to 200+ amp I just give-up. I contacted quite a few companies online and still waiting to receive a response and I refuse to buy on Ebay.

So I went w/ the next best option which was a local shop that will do 150AMP.
Questions for the gurus: Do you recommend that I upgrade the battery wires for this alternator right away or could this wait a little?

Also, where online can i buy a complete kit for the Big 3 upgrade?

RECAP of my little set-up:

4 amplifiers (approximately 3500+ watts rms total)
2 12" kickers L7 subs, 4 10" speakers, 4 6/12 components speakers
3 TVs
I will also go w/ a second dry cell battery.

Thanks again

Last edited by lowKut; 04-17-10 at 09:05 AM.