Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2nd gen GS300 with 2jzgte swap? ANYONE???

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-05, 03:28 PM
mikeyboy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where do i get one of those intake manifolds that DaveH makes?
Old 11-08-05, 04:00 PM
Supraownzu
Driver

wouldnt the shorter runners hurt low rpm performance, as the shorter runners increase higher rpm performance???

we plan on making a sheet metal intake for my car over the winter, but i have a GTE motor, so it wouldnt be of much help to you GE guys.
Old 11-08-05, 05:59 PM
Ronsully
Pole Position

I spoke with Lar at SP today. He said that the wiring for the supra motor will be totally different and you would need to be able to rig it all up. I was thinking about starting to source parts for this swap; as I could do a lot of the work myself. However, I don't think I could tackle the wiring.

His suggestions were to go NA-T and on the current motor with forged rods. He said the rods inthe GS300 are very weak. The other option is to try to source an Aristo front clip and go at it with regards to the wiring.
Old 11-09-05, 02:44 PM
Burton
Pole Position

Get the Aristo front clip. The swap is a two day project for a good shop. I had my car swaped and running in 7 hours of solid work. It took another 4-5 to button up all the loose ends.

Ben
Old 11-09-05, 06:06 PM
Ronsully
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Burton
Get the Aristo front clip. The swap is a two day project for a good shop. I had my car swaped and running in 7 hours of solid work. It took another 4-5 to button up all the loose ends.

Ben
What did you do with wiring? Tranny? Speedo cluster? What ECU are you running? Can you go over any issues that were not cut and dry (motor mounts, relocating stuff, etc.)
Old 11-09-05, 06:24 PM
happypanda
Lead Lap

can anyone give a rough estimate b/c i want to see what kind of money i need to come up with to get this done...i would do the work myself but it seems like theres alot of modifications and fabbing to do (specially with wiring) and PLUS i now work 10hr shifts and theres no way I can get this done nowadays =(. So anyone?
Old 11-10-05, 05:01 AM
Ronsully
Pole Position

Originally Posted by happypanda
can anyone give a rough estimate b/c i want to see what kind of money i need to come up with to get this done...i would do the work myself but it seems like theres alot of modifications and fabbing to do (specially with wiring) and PLUS i now work 10hr shifts and theres no way I can get this done nowadays =(. So anyone?
+15k for a shop to do everything is my guess. That is why I plan on doing this myself.
Edit - the 15k would be a turn key setup.
Old 11-10-05, 06:55 AM
Burton
Pole Position

I have gone over the swap many times do a search for my user name.

I will do the swap all day long for $8000 you just have to get me the car. It also depends on the availability of front clips. Any aftermarket parts would be extra, and the traction control will no longer work. This is for GS300’s only. Oh and your cruse will only go up to 65mph I haven’t found a fix for that yet.

Ben
Old 11-10-05, 07:52 AM
Ronsully
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Burton
I have gone over the swap many times do a search for my user name.

I will do the swap all day long for $8000 you just have to get me the car. It also depends on the availability of front clips. Any aftermarket parts would be extra, and the traction control will no longer work. This is for GS300’s only. Oh and your cruse will only go up to 65mph I haven’t found a fix for that yet.

Ben

WOW . What ECU will this be running? Will the speedo cluster still work?
Old 11-10-05, 12:45 PM
Burton
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ronsully
WOW . What ECU will this be running? Will the speedo cluster still work?
It uses the factory Aristo ECU so your OBD2 will not work. I can make the factory GS300 ecu controle the motor, but it will not controle the 4speed trany. yes the cluster works every guage and every light, except the VSC lights.

Ben
Old 11-10-05, 01:06 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Burton, everything else is bolt on except for the wiring right? What if you made a Custom Prewired Harness for plug and play. Would that work?
Old 11-10-05, 02:57 PM
Ronsully
Pole Position

Originally Posted by mikal
Burton, everything else is bolt on except for the wiring right? What if you made a Custom Prewired Harness for plug and play. Would that work?

YES Please.... I would buy a plug and play.
Old 11-10-05, 08:42 PM
happypanda
Lead Lap

ronsully..i will definately look into it ...so 8k for a stock set up and running and everything? I would really want to do it in a couple of months..just need to get 8k hehe...ill get it tho..how long is the turn around time so i can go ahead and plan it since i have a very bz schedule.
Old 11-10-05, 08:52 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by happypanda
ronsully..i will definately look into it ...so 8k for a stock set up and running and everything? I would really want to do it in a couple of months..just need to get 8k hehe...ill get it tho..how long is the turn around time so i can go ahead and plan it since i have a very bz schedule.
Happy- I would really give Rob at grip a shout, you could get this swap done with down pipe, cat back work, front mount intercooler/ic piping, intake,and much more in the 7-9k range plus they are local in melbourne....Turn around time is a couple weeks but the wait time to get your in is the longer wait...
Old 11-11-05, 05:36 AM
Ronsully
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bluelex
Happy- I would really give Rob at grip a shout, you could get this swap done with down pipe, cat back work, front mount intercooler/ic piping, intake,and much more in the 7-9k range plus they are local in melbourne....Turn around time is a couple weeks but the wait time to get your in is the longer wait...

. Can you hit me up on AIM (if you are willing to answer some questions from a former TT owner). "ronsully hotmail"

Quick Reply: 2nd gen GS300 with 2jzgte swap? ANYONE???