Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

2nd gen GS300 with 2jzgte swap? ANYONE???

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-05, 11:21 PM
happypanda
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd gen GS300 with 2jzgte swap? ANYONE???

I am starting to look into this and was just wondering if anyone here has done the swap and would like to give more info...price? problems? etc....My gs300 has 156k and its really sluggish...I want to look more into this and would appreciate any help. thanks in advance.
Old 10-30-05, 01:25 AM
varcity64
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

when i looked into this, there are MILLIONS of things to consider... 1st if u want to do a swap w/the tranny, then u will lose a gear in the transmission. aslo, u have to look into if u want an engine with or without VVT-i. then u have to worry about OBD I or OBD II (whatever the hell that is) but it has to deal w/the computer i think then u need some wire harness(es) idk... its not that easy, but is most certainly doable. try doing a search and if u want, u can try pm'ing bluelex as he has done this swap already. good luck
Old 10-30-05, 05:01 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

yups i agree...pm bluelex...soo far he has the nicest and cleanest 2jz gte swap soo far on CL imo
Old 10-30-05, 09:48 AM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by varcity64
when i looked into this, there are MILLIONS of things to consider... 1st if u want to do a swap w/the tranny, then u will lose a gear in the transmission. aslo, u have to look into if u want an engine with or without VVT-i. then u have to worry about OBD I or OBD II (whatever the hell that is) but it has to deal w/the computer i think then u need some wire harness(es) idk... its not that easy, but is most certainly doable. try doing a search and if u want, u can try pm'ing bluelex as he has done this swap already. good luck
OBD= On Board Diagnostics... Either Version I (Pre 96) or Version II (Post 96)
Old 11-03-05, 08:25 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

1st you have to decide if you want to go vvt-i or non vvt-i thier is a thread with lots of info that will help you decide which way you want to go on that. non vvt-i engine and trans you can find in the 3600-4400 range depending on miles , vvt-i I was priced closer to 5k. The fun really begins after you decide what motor your going to use
Old 11-04-05, 07:17 AM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Engine swaps can be extremely complicated and expensive. I applaud those who have done them. I have not made this swap but I have swapped more than one engine complete with all electronics and emissions.

That said it is puzzling WHY swap out a perfectly good 2JZ-GE for a unknown condition GTE?
At 156k miles your engine should be FAR from tired out. I ran 20psi everday on my old TBird engine and I pulled it in great condition at 210k miles. The GE is a much nicer engine than that old pinto engine.

Why not just turbocharge the engine you have? Seems like 400+rwhp is not difficult and if you want more simply going with forged pistons and better rods allows some SERIOUS power potential. Of course you will need to upgrade the transmission to accomodate but at that power level you would also need to upgrade the GTEs tranny in comparing to a swap. In the event that another engine for parts or building is needed finding a base GE would be relatively cheap and easy.
Old 11-04-05, 11:07 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

vvt-i all the way for your car........ everything clips right in off the 2nd gen aristo's ..... and bluelex has the cleaniest motor swap ive ever seen on a GS...
Old 11-05-05, 10:57 AM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Not to change the subject, but has anyone see this new Intake Manifold for the 2jz-ge. It puts the Intake and throttle body on the Left hand side of the engine just like the 2jzgte. It might be something to consider if you want to do a NA-T set up with you engine and provide it the look and functionality of a GTE.

Old 11-05-05, 02:53 PM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where did u see that from? Since we got the drive by wire system, looks like that one hooks up like the traditional cable to the pedal setup.
Old 11-07-05, 12:17 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by benzo555
Where did u see that from? Since we got the drive by wire system, looks like that one hooks up like the traditional cable to the pedal setup.

http://www.suprastore.com/viwonama.html

Intended for the slightly older 2JZGE engines found in the Supra, but I'm pretty sure they can get it to work!
Old 11-07-05, 06:49 PM
happypanda
Lead Lap

bluelex..give more info..how much and where did you get your swap done? im really looking on doing this in the very near future. car needs some boost..SERIOUSLY hehe
Old 11-08-05, 06:50 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

www.grip-industries.com , They are based out of Melbourne ,FL. Give Rob a call and he'll be able to answer a ton of your Q's with exact prices...
Old 11-08-05, 11:57 AM
mikal
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Stage3
http://www.suprastore.com/viwonama.html

Intended for the slightly older 2JZGE engines found in the Supra, but I'm pretty sure they can get it to work!
That's the Virtual Works Intake Manifold. I dont think we can use that.

But DaveH made one and it's going for about $875 (much better than over 2k for the virtual works)

Plus, DaveH can use our stock throttle body since we have the drive by wire.

This is how it sits on an NA-T Supra
Old 11-08-05, 12:39 PM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mikal
That's the Virtual Works Intake Manifold. I dont think we can use that.

But DaveH made one and it's going for about $875 (much better than over 2k for the virtual works)

Plus, DaveH can use our stock throttle body since we have the drive by wire.

This is how it sits on an NA-T Supra
Love the way that looks ...looks kinda like a 2jzgte
Old 11-08-05, 01:59 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

it makes the engine bay look so much cleaner. And i'm pretty sure performance wise would be alot better since the intake mani has shorter runners.

Quick Reply: 2nd gen GS300 with 2jzgte swap? ANYONE???