Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

GS300 NA-T conversion in 4 hours

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-05, 12:03 PM
jaymil31
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jaymil31
hey
I had 139,000 miles on my motor when I decided to go turbo. I have the map-ecu set up.... and it needs to be dyno tuned for the obd 1 ecu. Just some advise use the auto learn function before you remove your maf set up to get your na part of your map done the you can tune from there. I had some issues with tuning it because the obd1 ecu is f*** stuburn. If anyone wants to see my set up:

[url]www.turbotech.ca/url]
my gs300 turbo kit setup is right on the cover page and in the customers section ( green Gs300)

Hey the corrected site is www.turbotech.ca
Old 11-21-05, 01:01 PM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jaymil31
hey
I had 139,000 miles on my motor when I decided to go turbo. I have the map-ecu set up.... and it needs to be dyno tuned for the obd 1 ecu. Just some advise use the auto learn function before you remove your maf set up to get your na part of your map done the you can tune from there. I had some issues with tuning it because the obd1 ecu is f*** stuburn. If anyone wants to see my set up:

www.turbotech.com
my gs300 turbo kit setup is right on the cover page and in the customers section ( green Gs300)

what injectors are you running? Problem is, that after I hooked up my map-ecu, I started running really really lean all the time. Not sure what the problem is. Even with the map ECU, I have having a hard time getting enough fuel.
Old 11-21-05, 02:04 PM
jaymil31
Driver

Default injectors

Hey

First are you tunning with a wideband??????? DO you have the map ecu connected up where you can auto learn the map that is the stock ecu. I f you have not eliminated the Maf the map ecu will automatically plug in the numbers. But I just remember that the car needs to be in stock form in order to use auto learn. I am running Msd 550cc injectors (54 pounds) with a aeromotive FMU and I don't have aby problem with it leaning out..... Give me a call at 360 421 5598.
Old 11-21-05, 02:11 PM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

Yes, I am running a wideband, strang thing is, when my wideband says 12, my stock O2 says 12. I tried to plug my wideband output for ECU into the map-ecu....this function does worth work crap.

I tried the auto learn, but then when I would have the map-ecu take over, it wasen't evn close to the same, and the car woudln't even go accelerate...way way lean. I had to richen things up about 20 % to even drive the car. Maybe there is something wrong with the MAP-ECU. Serial number says that it is version 2.1, but I cannot get it to work with 2.1 software, I have to use 2.2 software.
Old 11-21-05, 02:36 PM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

think I found a solution to use my wideband with the MAP-ECU. I guess there are different 02 configs that you can use. I will have to give that a try
Old 11-21-05, 06:19 PM
bguild
Pole Position

I have a super T70 sitting here. Was going to use it to Turbo my Grand Prix, but I might throw it on the Lex for some super fun winter driving. This turbo is HUUUGE though. I am worried it will have trouble spooling it, and all the power will be above 5K. Which would only be fun on the highway I guess....

On that note, being new to the GS300, I don't know what the head flow numbers look like. Can anyone comment on how well these heads flow? Where are the potential limitations?

Thank you,

Brian

http://www.massclubgp.com
Old 11-23-05, 09:21 PM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

Put my 440cc injectors in today, and got them tuned with my map-ecu. I was heading down to get my IC piping when my wastgate stuck. I have heard that e-bay wastegates have had this problem. I just took it home, and applied 20 psi to the actuator line, and let off and it closed. So far nobody has had it happen a second time. Maybe it is just breaking in.

Anyway, I forgot to re-attach my wastegate line and I boosted to 10 PSI. WOW! Big difference between 6 and 10 psi. I even broke traction when I hit boost. Good think I had those injectors in and running really rich at anything above 7psi just in case. Glad I was thinking ahead on that one.

So now I have my IC pipes and my delima is...I bought a TIG welder but my wife said I can't use it until christmas. I would really like to tig my pipes, but do I really want to wait another month? I am trying to tell myself to be patient, but 6psi is already getting boring. Pipes will be HPC coated afterwords.
Old 11-24-05, 07:35 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SuprRunner
...I bought a TIG welder but my wife said I can't use it until christmas...
Tell your wife its a saftey issue and that you just want to be safe so you can come home to her at night
Of course that wouldnt cut it with my old lady, she would call bs on me. Damn me for teaching her about modifying cars.
Old 11-29-05, 07:01 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SuprRunner
Anyway, I forgot to re-attach my wastegate line and I boosted to 10 PSI. WOW! Big difference between 6 and 10 psi. I even broke traction when I hit boost. Good think I had those injectors in and running really rich at anything above 7psi just in case. Glad I was thinking ahead on that one.
10PSI......HMM u should try 29psi and then u'll go sideways!
The following users liked this post:
Arussto (09-29-20)
Old 11-29-05, 07:51 PM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

I think my limit is about 26 psi for the efficiency of my turbo, but we will have to see when I get there, as I plan on getting to that point.

I am just used to my MKIII supra with a stock ct-26. The difference between 8-10 psi is barely noticeable. Got to love the bigger turbo's and the high compression of the NA.
Old 03-01-06, 07:07 AM
dejacky
Lexus Test Driver

Question

update? btw, what are you going to use for timing control at 10psi on stock compression. It's my understanding, that running 10psi with no timing control will damage the engine eventually.
Old 03-01-06, 07:22 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dejacky
update? btw, what are you going to use for timing control at 10psi on stock compression. It's my understanding, that running 10psi with no timing control will damage the engine eventually.
Far as I know SuprRunner is selling or already sold this ride.
Old 03-01-06, 08:47 AM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

Havn't sold it yet...but yes, it will be for sale when I get it running low 11's.

I am still working on the head. I have been doing tons and tons of research on porting and polishing, and have actually been building a flow bench. I want to increase my flow a little bit more. I would love to try to get 700rwhp with 26psi, and only way to do that is headwork.

I also have got a couple other projects that have taken priority over the GS. So I am probably about a month out before I get it going again.

Oh, I am also now running TT pistons, so 26psi won't be a problem.
Old 04-09-06, 10:26 AM
Cmedrift
Rookie

hey man whats up? well i got pretty much the same exact setup as you. as you know i had some turbo clearence issues because i adapted a t3/t4 turbo on the manifold and it sat too high hitting the throttle body opening. soo imma scrap the turbo and change the manifold back to original what turbos will fit on our manifolds that wont have clearence issues with the throttle body or the distrubitor. and the downpipe opening is a v-band the t3/t4 had a screw on adaptor to fit the clamp but on some turbos dont have the adaptor just a circle how do you connect the downpipe? and on my wastegate i had to cut like 2 inches off the dump pipe to get it to clear. btw i have a sc300 92

Last edited by Cmedrift; 04-09-06 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-10-06, 08:28 AM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

I actually have clocked my flange a little so I clear the distributor. I never had problems with TB clearance though, although now, I really don't have clearance, now that I am running TT intake manifold.

Quick Reply: GS300 NA-T conversion in 4 hours