Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

GS300 NA-T conversion in 4 hours

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-06, 01:58 PM
Cmedrift
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh i see as far as i understand the PT-61, GT-67, SUPER T61, AND SUPER T-70 ALL FIT THE T4 MANIFOLD OPENING? AND HOW WHICH WAY DID YOU CLOCK YOUR FLANGE HOW MANY DEGREES AND DO YOU HAVE PICS LOL UR GUIDE IS LIKE THE BIBLE TO US.
Old 04-10-06, 02:09 PM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, I run a GT67 and it fits on the flange just fine.

I don't have pictures yet as I have not welded on the flange yet. I have it ready to though, and I think it is about 10 degress. I will measure it exactly after I weld it on. I am needing to clock it away from the distributor, but I need to be careful not to get in the way of the ABS. For you SC300 guys, the ABS won't be an issues.

I just put my engine on the stand on saturday ready to drop in some lower compression pistons so I can run 26psi. Hope to have it going again by the end of the month.
Old 04-13-06, 07:31 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL.. get a move on!!

I have mine back in and running now (albeit the GTE motor) and I already have about 3500 miles on the rebuild. I had a TON of Front Main Seal issues after the rebuild.. I was getting fed up then i realized I wasnt alone (8+ page thread on SF..) knock on wood, it is all good right now. 333 rwp and 296tq at 14 psi. No more boost until I get something reliable to eliminate boost cut.
Old 04-14-06, 07:38 PM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Epik
LOL.. get a move on!!

I have mine back in and running now (albeit the GTE motor) and I already have about 3500 miles on the rebuild. I had a TON of Front Main Seal issues after the rebuild.. I was getting fed up then i realized I wasnt alone (8+ page thread on SF..) knock on wood, it is all good right now. 333 rwp and 296tq at 14 psi. No more boost until I get something reliable to eliminate boost cut.

Hey man, gimmie a break. I just did a 1.9 VW TDI swap into a samuria(60 hours) and built a flow bench(70 hours) That is 130 hours since mid Mid February and I still have a full time job, a wife and a little baby.

I did get the crank and the pitons on. Now I just have to finish my head work, but I need to do a little more calibration on the flow bench, and a fabbed up a pitot tube so I can measure port velocity. I really would like to get another 10 cfm out of this thing. That would put me up over 245 cfm with stock lift and stock valves. Stock head barely gets over 200cfm.
Old 04-14-06, 09:25 PM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SuprRunner
Hey man, gimmie a break. I just did a 1.9 VW TDI swap into a samuria(60 hours) and built a flow bench(70 hours) That is 130 hours since mid Mid February and I still have a full time job, a wife and a little baby.

I did get the crank and the pitons on. Now I just have to finish my head work, but I need to do a little more calibration on the flow bench, and a fabbed up a pitot tube so I can measure port velocity. I really would like to get another 10 cfm out of this thing. That would put me up over 245 cfm with stock lift and stock valves. Stock head barely gets over 200cfm.
245 cmf are great numbers. What kind of port and polish if you do?
JPI
Old 04-14-06, 10:44 PM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JPI
245 cmf are great numbers. What kind of port and polish if you do?
JPI
I have opend up the ports to match that of the turbo, althought that might have been uneccesary. I am going to put some putty back in to see what happens now that I have my own flow bench. I have done quite a bit of bowl work, and blended in the seats. I also opend up the lower intake manifold which has helped quite a bit for the high lift numbers, although I did loose a little low lift flow. I still have quite a bit of experimenting to do with the manifold and port design.

My overall goal is to hit 245 with keeping my low lift numbers the same as stock, or better.
Old 04-14-06, 11:49 PM
JPI Racing
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SuprRunner
I have opend up the ports to match that of the turbo, althought that might have been uneccesary. I am going to put some putty back in to see what happens now that I have my own flow bench. I have done quite a bit of bowl work, and blended in the seats. I also opend up the lower intake manifold which has helped quite a bit for the high lift numbers, although I did loose a little low lift flow. I still have quite a bit of experimenting to do with the manifold and port design.

My overall goal is to hit 245 with keeping my low lift numbers the same as stock, or better.
We are currenty working on our port and polish as well on the GTE.
JPI
Old 04-15-06, 07:33 AM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

Originally Posted by JPI
We are currenty working on our port and polish as well on the GTE.
JPI
I am actually doing this on a GE head. What areas are you hitting on the GTE?
Old 04-15-06, 08:29 PM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

Oh goodie. I just hit my mark of 240cfm in 2 cylindars. Not to get the rest. I am not really all that great at this, in fact, I have come to realization that I SUCK at porting. I know there is at least another 10 cfm just waiting, but I will never get that, at least not right now anyway.
Old 04-17-06, 06:44 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

props to to you man.. i am sorry to say that i wouldnt even know where to start.

as far as my setup goes, i'm going to do a re-design on the hot side intercooler plumbing here soon, y the hot pipes before they enter the tank, instead of mixing inside it like they do now. looks cool, but i think i have some surge and cavitation in the hot side end tank. i'm also switching to a procharger crossflow intercooler i have laying around too.. from a mustang gt kit that i built a big fmic system for.

keep the info coming bro.. sounds like you really have your hands full
Old 04-17-06, 09:17 AM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Epik
props to to you man.. i am sorry to say that i wouldnt even know where to start.

as far as my setup goes, i'm going to do a re-design on the hot side intercooler plumbing here soon, y the hot pipes before they enter the tank, instead of mixing inside it like they do now. looks cool, but i think i have some surge and cavitation in the hot side end tank. i'm also switching to a procharger crossflow intercooler i have laying around too.. from a mustang gt kit that i built a big fmic system for.

keep the info coming bro.. sounds like you really have your hands full

Neither did it. In January I started porting, not really knowing much(in fact I made a couple mistakes), by mid March, I had build a flow bench, and have learned quite a bit more about porting. It is fun, but definatly the most time consuming part of this project. I have well over 25 hours into this one head, and I will probably have pretty close to 50 hours by the time I am done. But that 50 hours will hopefully give me an extra 50-75hp at max boost, with the ablility to easily get 1000rwhp, not that I am trying to get that.
Old 09-28-20, 07:32 PM
MrGi11
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

oldie but goodie... haha 14 years!!!
Old 09-29-20, 07:27 AM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

Wow, can't believe this was that long ago.

This was my absolute al time favorite car. I have had several high power MKIV's, but I enjoyed driving this more. Love sleepers
The following users liked this post:
Arussto (09-29-20)
Old 09-29-20, 08:05 PM
Arussto
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

So i got to this thread only cuz u updated it today. I saw it was old but went through ig cuz it was interesting. Your baby should be all grown up now.

So what happened to that GS and what have you done quarter ir more interesting than that. Folw bench... and all😁
Old 09-30-20, 01:27 PM
SuprRunner
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Arussto
So i got to this thread only cuz u updated it today. I saw it was old but went through ig cuz it was interesting. Your baby should be all grown up now.

So what happened to that GS and what have you done quarter ir more interesting than that. Folw bench... and all😁
Ended up selling the GS and worked on a drag MKIII for awhile. Sold that a few weeks ago and I have retired from car stuff and move to boat stuff. I still have the flowbench, and is also currently for sale.
The following users liked this post:
Arussto (09-30-20)