Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-05, 07:00 PM
PR FIEBRU
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool Transmission

GS4 my transmission seems to be having a slight problem or is it just me.

When the car is cold and I dont warm it up as long as I should the transmission seems to take long to change gears. Does it happen to you

Another is, even after it warms up I feel a slight slip from 2nd to third.
Can it be a major problem

Can a good tranny flush take care of the problem?

Have anyone tried aamco flush. and what would be the best tranny oil to use.

Old 11-14-05, 07:02 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i have a tranny with 20k miles if you cannot resolve your issues. 600 local pickup.
Old 11-14-05, 07:07 PM
PR FIEBRU
Advanced

Originally Posted by aliga
i have a tranny with 20k miles if you cannot resolve your issues. 600 local pickup.
Hopefully that is not the problem but ill let you know if i need it.

Thanks
Old 11-15-05, 07:37 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

hey ... Have you checked the levels of the tranny fluid and if so what color is it? It should be a red color - not bright but more like clear bloody red. It shouldn't slip between 2nd and third you shouldn't even notice the change in gears. The ECT POWER button isn't on right? If it is then the car changes gears in the higher rpm's. How many miles do you have on the car?

Well you know dashocker has setup that meet to go get amsoil on saturday. If your planning on doing a flush you should go with the amsoil synthetic, plus the bilstein machine does a good job of getting the gunk out in the process...
Old 11-15-05, 08:22 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by aliga
lol your a funny guy gazi
Old 11-15-05, 08:24 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PR FIEBRU
Hopefully that is not the problem but ill let you know if i need it.

Thanks
Lucas transmission fix will solve that problem. Excellent product. I used it before i went synthetic. Do a search on here for lucus transmission fix and you will see.
Old 11-15-05, 08:45 AM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When the car is cold and I dont warm it up as long as I should the transmission seems to take long to change gears. Does it happen to you
Yes, this is normal. Especially since your area is seeing colder weather the warmup will take longer. If you have e-shift, you wont be able to shift below 3rd gear until temp is stabalized. This is intended to extend the life of the tranny since it's not good to run through the gears on a cold tranny. At proper temps all metal parts have expanded and fix exactly as designed. Run it easy until the engine temp is good then let her have it...WOT...

Another is, even after it warms up I feel a slight slip from 2nd to third.
Can it be a major problem
Still ok here. Let the engine and tranny get to normal operating temperature and your tranny will shift smoothly.

Can a good tranny flush take care of the problem?
No. But always good to change (no need to flush) fluid every other oil change. I do mine every oil change
Old 11-15-05, 09:17 AM
PR FIEBRU
Advanced

Cool

Originally Posted by GSoup
Well you know dashocker has setup that meet to go get amsoil on saturday. If your planning on doing a flush you should go with the amsoil synthetic, plus the bilstein machine does a good job of getting the gunk out in the process...

Whats up papa. I know dashocker has setup that meet and I wish i can go. The probem is that i dont whant to spend 2 to 300 bucks and still have a tranny problem. It does not slip a lot it is slightly from 2nd to 3rd but i notice it because i am a freak what i am thinking of doing is taking the car to aamco doing a reg tranny flush and letting them check it out to see if it really has a problem or if its just me hehe .

Listen Gsoup i ordered the mufflers weeepppppaaaaaaaaa. as soon as i get them i am dropping them shi z on it
Old 11-15-05, 09:25 AM
PR FIEBRU
Advanced

Talking

Originally Posted by bmgs400
Yes, this is normal. Especially since your area is seeing colder weather the warmup will take longer. If you have e-shift, you wont be able to shift below 3rd gear until temp is stabalized. This is intended to extend the life of the tranny since it's not good to run through the gears on a cold tranny. At proper temps all metal parts have expanded and fix exactly as designed. Run it easy until the engine temp is good then let her have it...WOT...
Thanks a lot . That is why I would like to get a remote start.
I take it easy when its cold .

but in high speed I take the ***** to atleast 120 hehe

Every dayyyyyyyyyyy Pa que lo sepas
Old 11-15-05, 09:25 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Whats up papa. I know dashocker has setup that meet and I wish i can go. The probem is that i dont whant to spend 2 to 300 bucks and still have a tranny problem. It does not slip a lot it is slightly from 2nd to 3rd but i notice it because i am a freak what i am thinking of doing is taking the car to aamco doing a reg tranny flush and letting them check it out to see if it really has a problem or if its just me hehe .

Listen Gsoup i ordered the mufflers weeepppppaaaaaaaaa. as soon as i get them i am dropping them shi z on it
try resetting the ecu then. Pull out fuse #20 from the fuse box under the hood on the passenger side. There is a little white plastic tool that is used to remove the fuse. Leave it out for 10 minutes and then put it back in. Drive around for a while , and the car will reprogram itself to the way you drive and the tranny should shift a bit better. Wow a lot of poor Lexus drivers 300 bucks is too much for a tranny flush with Amsoil? The dealer will really put you six feet under with there prices.
Old 11-15-05, 10:38 AM
PR FIEBRU
Advanced

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
try resetting the ecu then. Pull out fuse #20 from the fuse box under the hood on the passenger side. There is a little white plastic tool that is used to remove the fuse. Leave it out for 10 minutes and then put it back in. Drive around for a while , and the car will reprogram itself to the way you drive and the tranny should shift a bit better. Wow a lot of poor Lexus drivers 300 bucks is too much for a tranny flush with Amsoil? The dealer will really put you six feet under with there prices.

Thanks I will try to reset the ece and see how the car feels. thanks .
Old 11-15-05, 12:33 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good to hear that... they take about 3 business days. Congrats.. your going to love them.

If you don't have a spot to install them let me know i'll give you the place that did mine. It was $140 bucks and like i showed you they did it as a bolt on to the oem flange, no cut pipes.

Hey sean we have another fellow magnaflow member

Oh with the tranny make sure its the toyota type IV tranny fluid.
Old 11-16-05, 07:05 PM
PR FIEBRU
Advanced

Originally Posted by GSoup
Good to hear that... they take about 3 business days. Congrats.. your going to love them.

If you don't have a spot to install them let me know i'll give you the place that did mine. It was $140 bucks and like i showed you they did it as a bolt on to the oem flange, no cut pipes.

Hey sean we have another fellow magnaflow member

Oh with the tranny make sure its the toyota type IV tranny fluid.
weppa 3 days??!?!?! wow i ordered them on friday today its already wed and i still dont have them

how about making wider pipes coming from the cat to the mufflers
Old 11-16-05, 07:26 PM
PR FIEBRU
Advanced

ohh reseating the ecu makes a big difference tranny changes a lot better
Old 11-17-05, 06:08 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,438 Likes on 1,598 Posts

It's just you.

The tranny delays the 2nd to 3rd shift to higher rpms even when going slow with light throttle to let the fluids warm up quicker (which reduces emissions).

I'm sure everything's fine.

Quick Reply: Transmission