Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Fuel Pressure Regulator

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-06, 05:25 AM
ROPADOPA
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by morris
yea but look at his item 3 he is talking about a return line creating a siphoning effect, I dont understand whta that is about

All this is on a gs300 im betting on the 400 being the same ,yes there is no stock return line from the engine bay to the tank.Its all in the tank

Yeah number 3 is the good one, it took hours of testing to figure out what that valve actually did. I figured i could save the headache for the next guy who tries to modify the fuel system in a GS
Old 02-08-06, 01:28 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ROPADOPA
All this is on a gs300 im betting on the 400 being the same ,yes there is no stock return line from the engine bay to the tank.Its all in the tank

Yeah number 3 is the good one, it took hours of testing to figure out what that valve actually did. I figured i could save the headache for the next guy who tries to modify the fuel system in a GS
Thanks so will I even have to mess with the siphoning thing betweent he two halfs or are you just warning me that it is in there and make sure I dont mess it up.?

I guess I am just going to have to open up the tank and look for myself to see what all is in there.
Old 02-08-06, 03:15 PM
ROPADOPA
Pole Position

You will see it in the tank but its hard to figure out how it works,

Basicly the way we went about is make a new line for the fuel delivery and use the old one for the return. this reqires that you will have to make a hole for it in the top of the hanger assembly.

as for the syphoning valve you need to incorperate that for the tank to function right.

Als the one from powerhouse racing i snice but pricey and then you have to buy all kind of expensive fitings and lines.

You could pull this of for under 200 dollars as its just a warbro and a fuel line.
Old 02-08-06, 03:27 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

The walbro is alrady in there, I had a shop install it for me. So I dont think the hanger is going to be an issue, they had to have alrady figured a way to get it in there. You just gave me a bit of concern when you started mentioning the valve thing since this is the firs I have heard of it.
Old 02-08-06, 03:36 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

let me get this straight,
instead of making a new return line, you just use the existing fuel line as the return?
Then make a new line that feeds to the fuel rail.
I don't get the siphoning thingy, If you make the system this way, do you need to modify the "valve" thing.
Any pics?
Old 02-08-06, 03:45 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ROPADOPA
You will see it in the tank but its hard to figure out how it works,

Basicly the way we went about is make a new line for the fuel delivery and use the old one for the return. this reqires that you will have to make a hole for it in the top of the hanger assembly.

as for the syphoning valve you need to incorperate that for the tank to function right.

Als the one from powerhouse racing i snice but pricey and then you have to buy all kind of expensive fitings and lines.

You could pull this of for under 200 dollars as its just a warbro and a fuel line.
I sent a PM to ya with some questions.
Old 02-08-06, 04:38 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

be Sure to share the into with the rest of us please
Old 02-08-06, 05:06 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

no problem.

Morris check your PM
Old 02-08-06, 06:24 PM
ROPADOPA
Pole Position

You guys are on it

You can use a warbro and the stock feed line for the return and add a new feed line.

Keep in mind you will need to get a high pressure line made with your ends on it so you can attach it to your regulator and what ever you decide to use on the fuel tank hat that you have to modify for your second line.

You will need to remove the factory fpr and utilize the siphon valve so that it puts gas in the opposite side of your tank ,think about it your fuel filler door is on the drivers side if you ever looked at your tank under the rear seat it is split in half over the trans tunnel. It flows over when you fill it but it cant get back over to the pump side (drivers side) so then it shows allot of fuel because there is a sender on the now 3/4 full (stuck fuel) side (passenger side )and the pump side sucked up all the fuel and you run out of gas prematurely.I believe that it also triggers a fuel light because it knows something aint right.

As for the valve and regulator by pass you need to get creative, if your not handy it will be tuff you will need basic plumbing knowledge and have fabrication skills sorry no pictures from the last GS but maybe on the net one we will put up a right up on our webesite with pictures.

Morris, I would inquire with your shop who installed the pump for you as you should find out what the did in your tank or look in there your self. Again I would think if you used that IS set up for your Gs like that one from powerhouse you might have problems as im not sure if an IS has the same tank design.

Hope this helps you guys out as its hard to explain custom work through text but this should give you enough hints and tips and what to expect.
Old 02-20-06, 05:37 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,428 Likes on 1,126 Posts

I have the Aeromotive and Walbro in my car. At first I just had the Walbro pump. When they installed the APR in the car. It Dyno'd out 10 more horsepower, had something to do with the APF working the upgraded pump better.
Lextreme has something at his sight about the upgraded pump install, and a kit to make the AFP easier to install.
Old 02-20-06, 06:12 PM
morris
Lexus Champion

Be careful a lot of the stuff on Lextremes sight is specific to earlier model 1uz engines and does not neccesarily apply to our cars.