Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Pics of my car with Intake/Exhaust LMS did for me.

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-05, 09:53 AM
ISxSuLLuNg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrbig
When will these be on the market !!! Really nice numbers how does it feel with these mods ???
was lovin it^^ too bad the exhaust is back out now and i just got the intake >< The low end torque increase was especially noticable.
Old 12-08-05, 09:57 PM
4CYLNDR
Driver

Originally Posted by Tony1
My old 94 300zx tt, got 40+ crank Hp from just a cat back exhuast and
an intake...
thats b/c you're Z was a turbo, and once that turbo is on the car . . . ANY decrease in exhaust back pressue makes power on the car. On an N/A motor though, the exhaust piping needs to be a much more particular size to see optimal gains. With turbo cars, like the Z, the Evo, the Supra, etc., . . . slapping on a 3" generally does the trick.
Old 12-08-05, 10:25 PM
business1s
Driver School Candidate

anyone know if just the intake would void the warranty?
Old 12-09-05, 09:05 PM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nah no way, unless the intake specifically caused the problem, then maybe...
Old 12-09-05, 09:28 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,310 Likes on 1,409 Posts

Is the intake CARB certified for CA Smog?
Old 12-09-05, 11:14 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Is the intake CARB certified for CA Smog?
I highly doubt it. It's a long and costly process to get any intake CARB certified.
Old 12-10-05, 01:36 AM
Zephyr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 4CYLNDR
how could this be possible? its not.

if you do absolutely nothing to the car, there is still run to run variances on the dyno, due to a number of things, one of which is a smart ecu which often times adapts to the load / etc. The error comes in WHAT you attribute that fluctuation in power to.

For intakes, what tends to happen is on stock ecu's, without proper tuning and adjustment, they lean out the air / fuel ratio which will indeed make more power, but could be unsafe if driving on for extended periods of time. The "bump" in power thus, is not so much b/c of the intake as it is b/c of the leaning out of the air/fuel ratio. Also keep in mind that on the dyno with the hood wide open is a very different scenario than on the road with the hood shut and the intake soaking in all the hot air.

The best test of the power increase is simply to line it up against a stock IS, and see the difference in pull. My money says it makes little to no difference at all.
Yay for the smart post!

But yea, unless the intake on the IS350 is like a straw, and one of the exhaust tips on the dual is fake, I highly doubt those numbers are accurate at all.

"No such thing as bolt on power."
Old 12-10-05, 03:36 AM
shox
Pole Position

When are we expecting to see this hit the main stream? I wouldn't mind an intake right now...
Old 12-10-05, 03:55 PM
ISxSuLLuNg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Zephyr
Yay for the smart post!

But yea, unless the intake on the IS350 is like a straw, and one of the exhaust tips on the dual is fake, I highly doubt those numbers are accurate at all.

"No such thing as bolt on power."
I explained how they dynod the numbers already. It was the best results from multiple runs in each set-up. As for the exhaust they did add an x-pipe and run it as a full dual from there which it isn't stock. Not sure how much of a difference that makes but the exhaust is headers back, not just a cat-back. In any event numbers are numbers o.O if anyone has a stock IS350 in orange county let me know, I'm curious to see if the mods change anything as well....
Old 12-10-05, 03:56 PM
ISxSuLLuNg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by shox
When are we expecting to see this hit the main stream? I wouldn't mind an intake right now...
it should be in production within a few weeks...if you want you can try calling luxury motorsports and asking them. Just ask for steve.
Old 12-10-05, 05:07 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Dual VVT-i is most likely to give the IS350 such an increase in power.
Old 12-10-05, 05:32 PM
business1s
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ISxSuLLuNg
I explained how they dynod the numbers already. It was the best results from multiple runs in each set-up. As for the exhaust they did add an x-pipe and run it as a full dual from there which it isn't stock. Not sure how much of a difference that makes but the exhaust is headers back, not just a cat-back. In any event numbers are numbers o.O if anyone has a stock IS350 in orange county let me know, I'm curious to see if the mods change anything as well....
i just got an IS350, and i'm in OC, pm me to set something up
Old 12-11-05, 09:27 AM
loftus112
Pole Position

Hey ISxSuLLuNg where you get the aftermarket intake for you IS 350. I want to get one for my IS too. Or does anyone know where they might stock them in So Cal LA. Does Luxurymotorworks in Monrovia have them?? Thanks much.
Old 12-11-05, 11:12 AM
ISxSuLLuNg
Driver School Candidate

Just call Luxury Motorworks they did the mock-up for both the intake and exhaust. Im not sure but it should be in retail production within a week or two...at least for the intake.

Business1s, I'm in Huntington Beach if your around the area and just about any time is good for me. Just let me know.
Old 12-11-05, 11:14 AM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4CYLNDR
thats b/c you're Z was a turbo, and once that turbo is on the car . . . ANY decrease in exhaust back pressue makes power on the car. On an N/A motor though, the exhaust piping needs to be a much more particular size to see optimal gains. With turbo cars, like the Z, the Evo, the Supra, etc., . . . slapping on a 3" generally does the trick.

Correct, it was unbeliavable what you could get from simple bolt on parts,
from that car,and probably most turbo cars, if i were to change the downpipes and remove the cats,
that would of gave me 40 more hp on top of the 40 hp from the intake and
cat back exhuast system, i miss my Z

Quick Reply: Pics of my car with Intake/Exhaust LMS did for me.