Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Pics of my car with Intake/Exhaust LMS did for me.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-05, 11:29 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude congratulations on your progress, it seems like you are one of the first to do any significant modding on the new 350's. Being a guinea pig sucks and everyone has criticsm and naysaying to offer. Tell you what regardless of what anyone says, you know you are making more power and thats all you need to know. Don't let the bystanders taking pot shots at you get you down. You should be very excited with the accomplishments.

MOrris.....
Old 12-11-05, 01:19 PM
LexFather

This new Lexus engine remember has dual vvti, we can't really speculate on PAST dyno performance or what other cars have done since this engine is very sophisticated in comparison.

Could it possibly be, that this engine just needs better breathing?

Kudos to being the first here with these products.

Remember everyone, this engine makes about 320hp on the OLD SAE ratings.
Old 12-11-05, 03:46 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
This new Lexus engine remember has dual vvti, we can't really speculate on PAST dyno performance or what other cars have done since this engine is very sophisticated in comparison.

+1 Sick, and that is amazing # from a stock N/A engine without turbo. The 93 Supra TT had the same HP rating,but that was 12 years ago.

It's still pretty impressive from intake and exhaust combo.
Old 12-11-05, 07:34 PM
meteoro
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IS 350
so a stock IS 350 only make 246 rwhp and 212 rwtq?
That sounds about right....15 to 20 percent driveline loss.
Old 12-11-05, 07:59 PM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

Guys, if u read the link he provided to the exhaust dyno on MY.IS, he said that they made the exhaust a true dual exhaust, not like the stock one which is a single pipe that splits into two. That may be the reason for the 22whp gain.
Old 12-12-05, 01:36 AM
Jurwin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by VVT-i
+1 Sick, and that is amazing # from a stock N/A engine without turbo. The 93 Supra TT had the same HP rating,but that was 12 years ago.

It's still pretty impressive from intake and exhaust combo.
Yeah it's amazing but bone stock Supras dyno 300rwhp & 299rwtq. I've seen a 130k mile bone stock Supra still put down 290rwhp & 295rwtq. Quite a bit more than the IS350's stock 242rwhp. The IS350 HP rating with the old SEA is more like 314hp since in Japan the IS350 is rated at 318 PS wich is 314hp. Impressive none the less.
Old 12-12-05, 09:04 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you should get the arc intake...
Old 12-13-05, 12:54 AM
ISxSuLLuNg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by morris
Dude congratulations on your progress, it seems like you are one of the first to do any significant modding on the new 350's. Being a guinea pig sucks and everyone has criticsm and naysaying to offer. Tell you what regardless of what anyone says, you know you are making more power and thats all you need to know. Don't let the bystanders taking pot shots at you get you down. You should be very excited with the accomplishments.

MOrris.....
heh thanks for the support man, but I don't think anyone said anything all that bad to me. I mean they can believe the dyno numbers or think its BS, I explained how the numbers were dynod in case they were curious but if they want to insist the numbers are BS then thats their perogative. I'm happy with the parts and thats all that matters to me.
Old 12-13-05, 12:46 PM
4CYLNDR
Driver

Originally Posted by Faraaz23
Guys, if u read the link he provided to the exhaust dyno on MY.IS, he said that they made the exhaust a true dual exhaust, not like the stock one which is a single pipe that splits into two. That may be the reason for the 22whp gain.
not quite. The stock IS has a "true" dual exhaust that comes off of each header, but routes back into a single, and then back to a double.
Old 12-20-05, 11:11 AM
Mrbig
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Mods !!!

These for sale yet !!!
Old 12-20-05, 11:22 AM
mofogasm
Pole Position

Originally Posted by shaolin

you should get the arc intake...
has that been released yet
Old 12-20-05, 12:03 PM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Well, my first impression was that these gains must have been inflated, HOWEVER, Lexus decided to attack this segment and produce the most powerful and best performing car in the class. As impressive as the delilvered power is there is the possibility that this engine made TOO much power and Lexus decided to restrict it with a less than optimal exhaust and or intake.

That said a dual system with an X pipe is very similar in function and flow to a dual-single-dual system all things being equal (similar flow, similar transitional efficiencies). A full exhaust system is VERY much like a musical instrument and is sensitive to all the parts. Change one part and you change the "tune". If these gains actually are proven out in real world performance gains we can only conclude that LMS "nailed" a perfect system. While good knowledge of exhaust design will point you in the correct direction it comes down to actually testing a design and or MULTIPLE designs/sizes/components/combinations to find the best COMPLETE system. To get it right on the first try is like winning the lottery Possible but against the odds.

I look forward to more reports on this. I also agree with another poster about the hot air from a closed hood vs. the open air on a dyno. That intake NEEDS a cold air box and feed to maintain any gains in the real "closed hood" world.

Also, 246rwhp stock is STRONG. This IS350 has definitely raised the bar.
Old 12-20-05, 01:15 PM
Cypren
Driver

Wonder how long it will take for someone to develop an IS350 turbo? We should see some scary numbers then...
Old 12-20-05, 06:57 PM
lex_diablo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Cypren
Wonder how long it will take for someone to develop an IS350 turbo? We should see some scary numbers then...
Not sure if you realize this but the IS350 has a super high compression, which will make putting on a turbo quite risky. Not saying it can't be done but it's much more of a risk compared to the IS300.
Old 12-21-05, 12:56 AM
ihkskim
Lexus Test Driver

and the ratio on the is250 is 12 while the 350 is 11. maybe someone can explain to me why the compression is so high on a v6 200hp car

Quick Reply: Pics of my car with Intake/Exhaust LMS did for me.