Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Pics of my car with Intake/Exhaust LMS did for me.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-05, 01:02 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by ihkskim
and the ratio on the is250 is 12 while the 350 is 11. maybe someone can explain to me why the compression is so high on a v6 200hp car
I'm not a mechanical engineer but with higher compression, it helps maximizes the fuel and air ratio and gives phenomenal gas mileage of a 4cyl and a nice powerband in the smaller displacement it has. This yields to higher engine efficiency. The gas mileage on the 2.5L V6 is one of the highest in it's class...yielding numbers of a 4cyl engine.
Old 12-21-05, 06:18 AM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ISxSuLLuNg, what's the diameter on that exhaust pipe, 3.5 in?
Old 12-21-05, 08:47 AM
BlackStevo
Driver School Candidate

The 250 is such a small motor for a 6 cylinder, so it needs that higher compression to crack the 200hp mark.

I believe these numbers on this car are accurate because its not 33whp for both, like he said it was 22whp for one and 11whp for the other. with the intake and exhaust on, the car was making very similar #'s like it was with just exhaust.

as far as the open hood thing goes, thats a bunch of BS. with the hood open in a dyno room the filter isnt getting cold air. I know the hood is closed while your moving, but the stock intake has some sort of scoop tube that helps cooler air to get into the box. once your moving the underhood temps arent that bad because there is air moving around in there.
Old 12-21-05, 11:45 AM
lex_diablo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BlackStevo
I believe these numbers on this car are accurate because its not 33whp for both, like he said it was 22whp for one and 11whp for the other. with the intake and exhaust on, the car was making very similar #'s like it was with just exhaust.
I love how people always think you can just add those numbers up and come up with a total just like that.
Old 12-21-05, 12:15 PM
06350is
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lex_diablo
I love how people always think you can just add those numbers up and come up with a total just like that.
UMMMM they were dyno pruven numbers so what the hell are u talking about
Old 12-21-05, 06:19 PM
JBrady
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackStevo
as far as the open hood thing goes, thats a bunch of BS. with the hood open in a dyno room the filter isnt getting cold air. I know the hood is closed while your moving, but the stock intake has some sort of scoop tube that helps cooler air to get into the box. once your moving the underhood temps arent that bad because there is air moving around in there.
Actually, underhood air especially right next to the hot air from the radiator is MUCH hotter than ambient. Stock systems are closed and have a snorkle. Open elements like this system may reduce pressure drop but if the air temps rise substantially the gains are negated or even reversed.

Answer: get a cold air box and feed for this system.
Old 12-21-05, 06:30 PM
lex_diablo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 06350is
UMMMM they were dyno pruven numbers so what the hell are u talking about
I'm talking about how just because the intake added 11 and the exhaust 22 doesn't mean you can add it up to 33 rwhp gains. The dyno was done separately for the intake and exhaust. Read before you post.
Old 12-25-05, 09:28 PM
chieway
Driver School Candidate

no further info about this issue
Old 12-27-05, 11:17 AM
BlackStevo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jbrady
Actually, underhood air especially right next to the hot air from the radiator is MUCH hotter than ambient. Stock systems are closed and have a snorkle. Open elements like this system may reduce pressure drop but if the air temps rise substantially the gains are negated or even reversed.

Answer: get a cold air box and feed for this system.
i know thats what i'm saying, in a dyno room with the hood open, the filter is just getting hot air.
Old 12-27-05, 11:18 AM
BlackStevo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lex_diablo

ok, your agreeing with me right??? just making sure cuz that was the point I was making also. the car still made 22whp with both the intake and exhaust. but with just the exhaust it made 22whp, and just the intake on stock exhaust it gained 11whp
Old 12-27-05, 03:28 PM
Mrbig
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mods !!!

I spoke with LMS and the mods will be ready and for sale prolly around the 15th of Jan also, i asked if a group buy would be an option and they said def would be, so whoever wants these goods should prolly get on the horn now and set it up !!!
Old 02-02-06, 12:18 PM
Wid IS350
Pole Position

These HP numbers are ludicrous. I bet your sun visor added 18 rwhp as well!
Old 02-02-06, 12:24 PM
IS2Sav
Rookie

damn the mufflers look like rice canons..
Old 02-02-06, 12:37 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Wid IS350
These HP numbers are ludicrous. I bet your sun visor added 18 rwhp as well!
I am going to find out for myself if they are really ludicrous. I have a baseline dyno done and when I get my intake from LMS and drive it for a few days I'm going to dyno again and see what kind of gains I get. Not just peak hp/tq gains, but the over the whole rpm range.
Old 02-02-06, 04:53 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

someone needs to dyno these mods on a 250, so they can have some fun

Quick Reply: Pics of my car with Intake/Exhaust LMS did for me.