Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Pics of my car with Intake/Exhaust LMS did for me.

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-06 | 07:41 PM
aznevoviii
Pole Position

Im not feeling the exhaust.
I would wait for Apexi worldsports type of exhaust.
I just dont want to be "wanna-be-HONDA", even i had a honda!! hahahahah
Old 02-02-06 | 08:51 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

i dont see why people are ragging it saying it looks on the lines of "rice cannon" etc
Old 02-02-06 | 09:08 PM
NotFatBoy
Pole Position

Originally Posted by caymandive
I am going to find out for myself if they are really ludicrous. I have a baseline dyno done and when I get my intake from LMS and drive it for a few days I'm going to dyno again and see what kind of gains I get. Not just peak hp/tq gains, but the over the whole rpm range.
um, that doesnt really work. you need to do them back to back or else the numbers really dont mean ****

it was also brought to my attentiont that the dyno for the exhaust was done 5 hours apart. that is really too big of a window. you should try to do dyno runs within, at the most, two hours apart
just fyi
Old 02-03-06 | 05:24 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

But dont you have to drive it for a while to let the computer adjust?
Old 02-03-06 | 06:26 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by morris
But dont you have to drive it for a while to let the computer adjust?
Yes you do have to drive it to allow the computer to adjust. Any time you take a baseline and throw on a performance part such as to allow more air to get in and out of the engine quicker will almost always yield power due to the car running leaner. That is the trick most performance part manufactures use to get their marked up claims with regards to hp increases. It's an old trick and one I don't fall for, so the method I plan on doing to test is most accurate. Also when I dyno I use the SAE correction factor so that the effects of the ambient temperature and pressure are removed from the readings. By using the dyno correction factor, power and torque readings can be directly compared to the readings taken on some other day, or even taken at some other altitude.

Last edited by caymandive; 02-03-06 at 06:31 AM.
Old 02-03-06 | 09:11 AM
lamarzocco
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
i dont see why people are ragging it saying it looks on the lines of "rice cannon" etc
Neither do I... I think LMS did a great job, they angle cut the tips, not too big, not too small. Now if it was a 5" pipe that stook out 2" pass the rear bumper without the angled cut to follow the curve of the bumper then sure there'd be justification to rag on it.
Old 02-03-06 | 04:25 PM
Black350
Rookie

Originally Posted by Jurwin
Yeah it's amazing but bone stock Supras dyno 300rwhp & 299rwtq. I've seen a 130k mile bone stock Supra still put down 290rwhp & 295rwtq. Quite a bit more than the IS350's stock 242rwhp. The IS350 HP rating with the old SEA is more like 314hp since in Japan the IS350 is rated at 318 PS wich is 314hp. Impressive none the less.
I had the 94 TWIN TURBO SUPRA 6 spd. Targa with many mods. STOCK IS 320 HP!!!NOT 300HP.
Old 02-03-06 | 05:06 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Black350
I had the 94 TWIN TURBO SUPRA 6 spd. Targa with many mods. STOCK IS 320 HP!!!NOT 300HP.
He was referring to power at the wheels not power at the flywheel.
Old 02-17-06 | 09:36 AM
llButoll
Driver School Candidate

how much did the exhaust and intake cost.?
Old 02-17-06 | 10:12 AM
wolverine
Lexus Champion

the exhaust havent been released yet. the intake cost $255 but theres a group buy on it right now for $230+$5 for shipping https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=198973
Old 02-17-06 | 01:19 PM
SpdRcr0
Pole Position

Thumbs down

OHH MAN!

That exhaust looks completely worthless. I can see the weld mark they painted over with silver spray paint. You could buy those same mufflers off ebay for $50 each.

I also love the crush bent piping. You were probably better off with the stock exhaust piping.

As far as the intake goes, it looks good.

Im sorry to rag, but cmon people... we have LUXURY end performance cars. All of us are spending a decent amount of money on these cars... why cheap out when you are buying something like exhaust.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 02-17-06 | 03:45 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SpdRcr0
OHH MAN!

I also love the crush bent piping. You were probably better off with the stock exhaust piping.
and where were you able to see this crush bend piping i couldnt see anything from the OPs pics, did you look at the dynos, it gave something over stock
Old 02-17-06 | 04:40 PM
SpdRcr0
Pole Position

Thumbs down

See image .. 'Nuff Said.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of my car with Intake/Exhaust LMS did for me.-mvii048.jpg  
Old 02-17-06 | 04:50 PM
onihc
I heart Honda

Originally Posted by IS2Sav
damn the mufflers look like rice canons..
i don't think they're rice cannons. they are coffee cans . i had similar muffler on my civic back in 95. they were Sebring muffler. ever time i see these coffee can mufflers, it reminds me of generic APC. i still like original TRUST exhaust and mufflers. LMS wants to charge $1,000.00 something for this? living in socal, they better come with CARB exempt stickers/certificates.
Old 02-17-06 | 06:24 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SpdRcr0
OHH MAN!

That exhaust looks completely worthless. I can see the weld mark they painted over with silver spray paint. You could buy those same mufflers off ebay for $50 each.

so you would rather have this? if you like stock exhaust thats power to you, oh wait you get less power. If the LMS exhaust gains can be redone on a different car that proves the stock exhaust is junk and ultra restrictive. This car needs a true dual exhaust system, unlike the junk merge pipe the IS has stock.

and as stated in the first post, stop complaining about a prototype:
Heres some pics of my car with the intake and exhaust mock-ups LMS did for me. Please keep in mind they are not the polished products yet.

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 02-17-06 at 06:30 PM.

Quick Reply: Pics of my car with Intake/Exhaust LMS did for me.