Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Pics of my car with Intake/Exhaust LMS did for me.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-06, 08:33 PM
Mrbig
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lms

Why so much bad feedback from the intake and exhaust ? Has anyone seen these in person (exhaust ) ? It doesn't look that bad and if it can perform half as good as they say its worth it i think !
Old 02-28-06, 08:27 AM
SpdRcr0
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
so you would rather have this? if you like stock exhaust thats power to you, oh wait you get less power. If the LMS exhaust gains can be redone on a different car that proves the stock exhaust is junk and ultra restrictive. This car needs a true dual exhaust system, unlike the junk merge pipe the IS has stock.

and as stated in the first post, stop complaining about a prototype:

This is the thing... I think getting a aftermarket dual exhaust is a good thing. For power and for the look. Although, I dont think the exhaust in question is right for the car.

I personally recommend for LMS to go back to the drawing board and redo the exhaust with manderel ben piping, better mufflers, and OF COURSE better welding. I think they did a great job on the intake, so I see no reason why the couldnt do the same on an exhaust system.

A good exhaust taht comes to mind is the Tanabe. I had their system on my 02 GS300 previous to the IS250, and it was great. I highly recommend them.
Old 02-28-06, 08:36 AM
DirtySouth
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Everybody,
Lets all keep in mind this is still in the prototype stages and will more than likely be improved over time. Congrats to the guy who got the intake & exhaust! On a different note, I was hoping someone could give me some quick feedback on whether or not these mods would be a good thing to do with a leased IS350. I know from experience that intakes are really easy to install and remove if necessary, but how about the exhaust? When my lease is up, am I going to run into problems putting the old exhaust back on?

Thanks!
Old 02-28-06, 08:42 AM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DirtySouth
Hey Everybody,
Lets all keep in mind this is still in the prototype stages and will more than likely be improved over time. Congrats to the guy who got the intake & exhaust! On a different note, I was hoping someone could give me some quick feedback on whether or not these mods would be a good thing to do with a leased IS350. I know from experience that intakes are really easy to install and remove if necessary, but how about the exhaust? When my lease is up, am I going to run into problems putting the old exhaust back on?

Thanks!
They are both "bolt on" mods. Both the stock exhaust and intake can easily be put back
on, right before you hand you car back in..

Last edited by Tony1; 06-04-06 at 09:04 PM.
Old 02-28-06, 08:42 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by SpdRcr0
A good exhaust taht comes to mind is the Tanabe. I had their system on my 02 GS300 previous to the IS250, and it was great. I highly recommend them.
they only have a resonator back, according to an earlier thread, cuz that is the only place you can make a bolt on system since there no flanges after the cat to make a normal cat back. Although I like the tanabe mufflers better than the LMS (wish they would change the mufflers look a bit), Im still extremely interested in the power gains by replacing the restrictive stock resonator and keeping the system dual which LMS did
Old 02-28-06, 09:13 AM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
they only have a resonator back, according to an earlier thread, cuz that is the only place you can make a bolt on system since there no flanges after the cat to make a normal cat back. Although I like the tanabe mufflers better than the LMS (wish they would change the mufflers look a bit), Im still extremely interested in the power gains by replacing the restrictive stock resonator and keeping the system dual which LMS did
I wouldn't change the stock exhaust unless it replaced the stock resonators either..

Last edited by Tony1; 06-04-06 at 09:04 PM.
Old 02-28-06, 09:40 AM
Mrbig
Lead Lap

Default Exhaust

Only LMS has that right now i think ?