Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

HKS Exhaust HP?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-05, 03:49 PM
06350is
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JUST IS
For $900 you get a BIG FAT "ZERO", NADA, NOTHING, its just for looks and what doesn't make sense is that you are able to but just the tips for $65 and you get the same look.
Why would u get no power from a better flowing exhaust system?????
Old 12-20-05, 03:53 PM
BlackStevo
Driver School Candidate

For $900 you get a BIG FAT "ZERO", NADA, NOTHING, its just for looks and what doesn't make sense is that you are able to but just the tips for $65 and you get the same look.

are you braindead? did you not see the LMS exhaust on the IS350 make 22whp? are you just blind?? And who buys a full cat back exhaust for looks??? If anything they buy it for power and a better flowing cat back exhaust will get you HP on any car, some more then others. I'd expext at least 15whp if not more. Please do us a favor and think with your brain before you post
Old 12-20-05, 03:59 PM
BlackStevo
Driver School Candidate

246WHP-268WHP FROM JUST EXHAUST.
Old 12-20-05, 04:44 PM
JUST IS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BlackStevo
are you braindead? did you not see the LMS exhaust on the IS350 make 22whp? are you just blind?? And who buys a full cat back exhaust for looks??? If anything they buy it for power and a better flowing cat back exhaust will get you HP on any car, some more then others. I'd expext at least 15whp if not more. Please do us a favor and think with your brain before you post
LOL you must own a new one. No need to get your panties in a bunch. I wasn't posting to cause you drama nor anyone else with the new IS who might want to add this to there car. Anyway, I was going by what the what the regional district manager of parts and service said durning an accessories meeting. Yes I see the chart you posted so maybe she made a mistake. Stuff like that happens all the time. If thats the case fine people make mistakes, its not your loss if she is wrong or right. If it makes you happy to put that on then do it and get that 22whp. To each there own. Its not like I would spend $900 to just get 22whp either.
Old 12-20-05, 05:47 PM
BlackStevo
Driver School Candidate

LOL you must own a new one. No need to get your panties in a bunch. I wasn't posting to cause you drama nor anyone else with the new IS who might want to add this to there car. Anyway, I was going by what the what the regional district manager of parts and service said durning an accessories meeting. Yes I see the chart you posted so maybe she made a mistake. Stuff like that happens all the time. If thats the case fine people make mistakes, its not your loss if she is wrong or right. If it makes you happy to put that on then do it and get that 22whp. To each there own. Its not like I would spend $900 to just get 22whp either.
well i'm sorry to come off like a ****, but I dont understand why you'd ever listen to anyone who works for a manufacturer. They never know anything about aftermarket parts and anyone into cars should at least know that a full catback exhaust will at least DO SOMETHING whether it adds a few ponies or the car holds more power up top then it used to.

and if your not willing to spend 900$ to get 22whp from a normally aspirated car then I guess your not modding anything unless its turbocharged. I own a 2005 evo right now and i'm attempting to get into a 2006 IS350. Turbocharged cars gain big #'s off of things like exhaust, but even an EVO will not gain 22whp from the addition of just a cat back exhaust without tuning. 22whp for just a catback is very impressive. its not like its an insignificant number. AND ON TOP OF THAT, IF YOU KNOW HOW TO ANALYZE A DYNO SHEET, THE CAR IS UP 30WHP FROM THE START OF THE DYNO. That will equivolate to a noticeable increase in power throughout the entire power band. The peak number increase is 22whp, but the entire dyno sheet shows increases anywhere from 18-35whp as you speed up. I'll bet anything that this car against a stock IS350 was obviously faster. AND THE ONLY REASON IS 900$ IS BECAUSE ITS DUAL EXHAUST, THE MUFFLERS ARE THE MOST EXPENSIVE PART.

I think 22whp is a huge power increase, Please put catback exhaust on your IS300 and see the #'s you get, then you'll be at that 5whp difference.
Old 12-20-05, 06:31 PM
JUST IS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BlackStevo
well i'm sorry to come off like a ****, but I dont understand why you'd ever listen to anyone who works for a manufacturer. They never know anything about aftermarket parts and anyone into cars should at least know that a full catback exhaust will at least DO SOMETHING whether it adds a few ponies or the car holds more power up top then it used to.

and if your not willing to spend 900$ to get 22whp from a normally aspirated car then I guess your not modding anything unless its turbocharged. I own a 2005 evo right now and i'm attempting to get into a 2006 IS350. Turbocharged cars gain big #'s off of things like exhaust, but even an EVO will not gain 22whp from the addition of just a cat back exhaust without tuning. 22whp for just a catback is very impressive. its not like its an insignificant number. AND ON TOP OF THAT, IF YOU KNOW HOW TO ANALYZE A DYNO SHEET, THE CAR IS UP 30WHP FROM THE START OF THE DYNO. That will equivolate to a noticeable increase in power throughout the entire power band. The peak number increase is 22whp, but the entire dyno sheet shows increases anywhere from 18-35whp as you speed up. I'll bet anything that this car against a stock IS350 was obviously faster. AND THE ONLY REASON IS 900$ IS BECAUSE ITS DUAL EXHAUST, THE MUFFLERS ARE THE MOST EXPENSIVE PART.

I think 22whp is a huge power increase, Please put catback exhaust on your IS300 and see the #'s you get, then you'll be at that 5whp difference.
Hey man no problem. How do you like EVO? What have you done with it? I was looking at getting one to toy around with but I didn't follow through with it. Oh by the way when I said 22whp, I was repeating what you said. "are you braindead? did you not see the LMS exhaust on the IS350 make 22whp? are you just blind??" but yea I know its about 18-35whp. It would be nice if we could get some more dyno sheets from other dynos to see if they are consistence or not. I'll try to put the catback exhaust on and check it out. Also, I thought they rate the HP different for the 2nd Gen than 1 Gen?
Old 12-20-05, 08:30 PM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

like already mentioned, people dont buy exhaust for looks, if you thought that is why people paid 500-1500 for exhaust, you shouldn't be talking like you know everything...
Old 12-21-05, 08:39 AM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

if you can easily gain 15-20 hp with changing the exhaust alone, without changing the emission rating, wouldn't the manufacturers do it already, given the fierce hp competition these days?