Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

LMS Intake stolen!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-06, 05:48 AM
teracon
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
About three months ago I experienced the same sort of thing with FedEx. An expensive package was delivered from Neiman Marcus ($2100.00) and FedEx just left it at the door. I tracked the package online and found that it was left at the front door. I quickly went home only to find it not there. After many calls to both FedEx and Neiman Marcus, I later learned that over the summer of 2005, FedEx no longer leaves notices on your door if you are not home. They are instructed to leave the package at the door unless the "sender" requests "Signature Required". Regardless of what the package is or value of the package, they will leave it at your door. This is what they do to, as they put it "limit liability". I finally received a replacement from Neiman Marcus, but not before going through the red tape....

Yesterday I had a Bose home audio system delivered by FedEx and they were about to leave it at the door when my mother-in-law answered and picked it up. The driver was walking away when she asked him if he was going to leave a 44lb. box displaying the contents of an $1100+ Bose sound system.

Be forwarned.... Ask the sender of the merchandise to pay a little more and request "Signature Required". It will save you in the long run....
Old 01-27-06, 05:50 AM
mcfly
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by teracon
About three months ago I experienced the same sort of thing with FedEx. An expensive package was delivered from Neiman Marcus ($2100.00) and FedEx just left it at the door. I tracked the package online and found that it was left at the front door. I quickly went home only to find it not there. After many calls to both FedEx and Neiman Marcus, I later learned that over the summer of 2005, FedEx no longer leaves notices on your door if you are not home. They are instructed to leave the package at the door unless the "sender" requests "Signature Required". Regardless of what the package is or value of the package, they will leave it at your door. This is what they do to, as they put it "limit liability". I finally received a replacement from Neiman Marcus, but not before going through the red tape....

Yesterday I had a Bose home audio system delivered by FedEx and they were about to leave it at the door when my mother-in-law answered and picked it up. The driver was walking away when she asked him if he was going to leave a 44lb. box displaying the contents of an $1100+ Bose sound system.

Be forwarned.... Ask the sender of the merchandise to pay a little more and request "Signature Required". It will save you in the long run....

Or you can just live in the middle of nowhere like I do... no one can see my front door
Old 01-27-06, 05:59 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by heffergm
Or you can just live in the middle of nowhere like I do... no one can see my front door
Give it about 10 years and the rural sprawl will finally be at your front door!
Old 01-27-06, 06:00 AM
mcfly
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by caymandive
Give it about 10 years and the rural sprawl will finally be at your front door!
I hope so... then I can sell my house for a fortune and move to my favorite tax haven
Old 01-27-06, 07:58 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

updates??
Old 01-27-06, 08:06 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

The problem with Fedex that I have enountered in the past is that even if you request,"signature required", the driver at times will still leave the package with tracking stating,"signature release on file" even though there is no signature release on file. My friend who is as honest as can be lost a cel phone this way. Held FedEx to it and filed a claim. As I receive packages daily, I have prearranged spots for the merchandise that is conitually monitored with the rest of the house via CCTV which I access remotely as well.
Lee
Old 01-27-06, 08:44 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by caymandive
Good news and bad news to report.

Heard back from FEDEX and the driver said he rememered making the delivery. So either it was an inside job or some kids walked by and took the package. I talked to Steve at LMS and asked him if he could call FEDEX and make the claim and he said he would gladly do that and ship me a new intake to my WORK address as soon as possible. If his products are anywhere nearly as good as his customer service then he is going to have alot of loyal customers.
This was the update.