Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.
View Poll Results: Which Intake?
LMS Intake
28.23%
Wait for more options
71.77%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Buy LMS Intake or wait for more options?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-06, 08:31 AM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=IS350S]Looks like they made a mistake?

0.41rwhp gain for max power and 20.37rwtq gain for max torque?

[QUOTE]

No, they didn't, if you read closely what they claim, they claim to produce
"20 horsepower @ 4,500 Rpms, which the chart shows..If that's true
that's very impressive, I'd consider them over LMS..
Old 02-25-06, 08:44 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

[QUOTE=Tony1][QUOTE=IS350S]Looks like they made a mistake?

0.41rwhp gain for max power and 20.37rwtq gain for max torque?

No, they didn't, if you read closely what they claim, they claim to produce
"20 horsepower @ 4,500 Rpms, which the chart shows..If that's true
that's very impressive, I'd consider them over LMS..
You can't accurately measure power gains at 4500rpm on the IS350! Trust me that is where a dyno reading starts and it's very easy to fudge the numbers at that point as to how you tip into the throttle etc. Any time you try to dyno under 4500rpm the car is going to downshift! Don't believe manufactures claims of anything at 4500rpm or below because it just isn't accurately measureable!!
Old 03-13-06, 11:03 AM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The fujita also comes in the black powder coat too right?

So whats the latest? Are these the only 2 intakes out right now? Anyone have actual dyno results form the F5 intake?
Old 03-13-06, 11:06 AM
RaZoRaMoN
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by integlikew
The fujita also comes in the black powder coat too right?

So whats the latest? Are these the only 2 intakes out right now? Anyone have actual dyno results form the F5 intake?

The Fujita did not come in black powder coat when I bought the LMS which is why I went with LMS when you open the hood you can't tell there is an intake unless you are looking at the silver LMS emblem on the intake.
Old 03-13-06, 11:11 AM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yea but they come in black is what im saying.
Old 03-13-06, 11:20 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

My opinion on intakes is that they do not make power for our car!! You guys have seen my dyno chart and that should be enough to prove it. The only reason the chart is that close to stock was because I added a 2nd fan while dynoing to push even more air into the front inlet. PS.. if you blow air directly towards the intake while you start the car you will notice that the car will DIE! You can't turn air directly on the filter until you got the car in gear and running. Just something I noticed while on the dyno.
Old 03-13-06, 12:02 PM
Wid IS350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by caymandive
My opinion on intakes is that they do not make power for our car!! You guys have seen my dyno chart and that should be enough to prove it. The only reason the chart is that close to stock was because I added a 2nd fan while dynoing to push even more air into the front inlet. PS.. if you blow air directly towards the intake while you start the car you will notice that the car will DIE! You can't turn air directly on the filter until you got the car in gear and running. Just something I noticed while on the dyno.
I agree! Not to mention with a high flow air filter, there is the potential to pull more debris or particulate matter into the intake and engine. Whether it causes damage over time is always debated - but IMO, there's a reason the manufacturer uses tight paper filters...
Old 03-13-06, 02:03 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Wid IS350
I agree! Not to mention with a high flow air filter, there is the potential to pull more debris or particulate matter into the intake and engine. Whether it causes damage over time is always debated - but IMO, there's a reason the manufacturer uses tight paper filters...
ive used a AEM cold air on my current car, not a lexus, for 25k+ miles and ran an oil analysis and they said theres no problem. An oil analysis would actually tell you if you were having problems with the filter element
Old 03-13-06, 02:06 PM
RaZoRaMoN
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by integlikew
Yea but they come in black is what im saying.
sorry I thought you were asking a question "The fujita also comes in the black powder coat too right? " my mistake
Old 03-14-06, 11:31 AM
Wid IS350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
ive used a AEM cold air on my current car, not a lexus, for 25k+ miles and ran an oil analysis and they said theres no problem. An oil analysis would actually tell you if you were having problems with the filter element
Interesting info. What about at 75k or 100k miles? I've heard specifically that valves can get gunked up long term...
Old 03-14-06, 11:53 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

I found a good article online about OEM vs Aftermarket filters. This is more towards BMW, but most of it still holds true for Lexus. http://www.bmwe34.net/E34main/Upgrade/Air_filter.htm
Old 03-14-06, 12:47 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Wid IS350
Interesting info. What about at 75k or 100k miles? I've heard specifically that valves can get gunked up long term...
my car only has 54k miles Ive been using the AEM for at least 25k miles. Engine still runs fine, mileage history has been stable through the ownership of the intake. I restored the stock intake over the weekend, slowly converting the car back to stock so i can get a 07 IS350 later. Car is idling slightly higher and engine response is a little sluggish , hoping to get a K&N drop in cheap

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 03-14-06 at 12:51 PM.
Old 03-14-06, 09:18 PM
Mrbig
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Intake !

Do they even make a drop in for IS350 right now ???
Old 03-14-06, 09:25 PM
aznevoviii
Pole Position

For CAI, K&N is comming out with one pretty short. By than, I HAVE to sell my LMS since I am a full sponsership with K&N Engineering..
This will be show in public in first time at Dullas Airport in VA HIN on 2nd weekend of April.
I am going to take some secret pictures when I get it from them pretty soon tho..
Old 03-14-06, 09:54 PM
Lilflip#2
Pole Position

I'm gonna wait for more tuners to come out..... SRT!! SRT!! or atleast i hope, i remember how nice the system was on the 1st gen IS300's and how it supposedly yielded the most rwhp from any other intake system.

Quick Reply: Poll: Buy LMS Intake or wait for more options?