Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Magnaflow Mufflers....

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-06, 04:43 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by AZDesertGS
The offset/offset is still a straight through design...just a minor curve from the input to the output. I really don't think there will be any difference regarding restiction between the 2. The shop does have a mandrel pipe bender but when I was watching him do the install I could see that it would be a pretty aggresive angle going into the input of the 14829 to have them come straight out. As you can see from my old set-up they are slightly angled out....but not much. I figured I would do something a bit different.

I'm trying to get that "Carson Tuned exhaust" look.......

I hear you. I had mine angled for that JDM look. You can't go wrong with Magnaflows for the price. Mario Andretti is a spokesperson for them. For those that don't know how magnaflows sound, just click here and listen to them on a variety of cars from the C6 Vette, Mustangs, 350z's etc...http://magnaflow.com/04sound/04american.asp The GS4 with magnaflows sound very similar to the 05 Mustang with Magnaflows

Last edited by DASHOCKER; 02-26-06 at 04:47 PM.
Old 02-26-06, 06:22 PM
GStateOM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dashocker, just wondering, how much difference in fuel economy have you noticed with your car before and after magnaflows?
Old 02-27-06, 05:21 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GStateOM
Dashocker, just wondering, how much difference in fuel economy have you noticed with your car before and after magnaflows?
Well I can say there is a slight improvement, not an astronomical one. From NYC to Boston Mass before the magnaflows, I would get there on half a tank doing 75mph. With the Magnaflows I would get there slightly above half a tank, closer to the next line. The mufflers have to break in though. Before the break in, the car felt a bit lethargic and the mufflers would drone at 60mph. Now after almostt a year with them, It does not drone, It has a beautiful tone especially when your in a tunnel . I am very please with the sound, performance and looks of the Magnaflows more so than the two stock straws that came from the factory.
Old 02-27-06, 07:12 AM
AZDesertGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
Well I can say there is a slight improvement, not an astronomical one. From NYC to Boston Mass before the magnaflows, I would get there on half a tank doing 75mph. With the Magnaflows I would get there slightly above half a tank, closer to the next line. The mufflers have to break in though. Before the break in, the car felt a bit lethargic and the mufflers would drone at 60mph. Now after almostt a year with them, It does not drone, It has a beautiful tone especially when your in a tunnel . I am very please with the sound, performance and looks of the Magnaflows more so than the two stock straws that came from the factory.

Have you removed your resonators??? I think I may do this when I get the exhaust re-done.
Old 02-27-06, 11:44 AM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i just got mine today and i went to have them installed and they were telling me i need the ones with the offset is this true? or do i need to go to a midas kinda shop and they can do it for me? is the setup the same for both the 300 and 400/430's or is it different?
Old 02-27-06, 12:20 PM
AZDesertGS
Lexus Test Driver

I'm pretty sure its the same exhaust. Thats what I've been saying in my earlier posts.....it is less of an agressive angle for the input if it is offset. Then you can go either center or offset for the output. I was under my car when the shop was doing it....so I could see what he was talking about.

So basically I would do an offset/center...or a offset/offset if it was me. I'm doing the offset/offset.

Good luck...
Old 02-27-06, 03:44 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by tuddy
i just got mine today and i went to have them installed and they were telling me i need the ones with the offset is this true? or do i need to go to a midas kinda shop and they can do it for me? is the setup the same for both the 300 and 400/430's or is it different?
All the 2nd gen Gs's share the same exhaust set up. Tuddy you can have a shop custom bend the piping to accomadate the exhaust. Here are some pics of mine when I first got it done. I got the 14829 as well. I took the pics with my camera phone back then
Attached Thumbnails Magnaflow Mufflers....-picture002.jpg  
Old 02-27-06, 03:47 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

more...................
Attached Thumbnails Magnaflow Mufflers....-picture003.jpg  
Old 02-27-06, 03:47 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

this is in the shop after install.
Attached Thumbnails Magnaflow Mufflers....-picture006.jpg  
Old 02-27-06, 03:50 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

View from inside the Rav4
Attached Thumbnails Magnaflow Mufflers....-picture010.jpg  
Old 02-27-06, 03:55 PM
AZDesertGS
Lexus Test Driver

Yours looked just like mine.....angled out just a bit. Looks great.

Tuddy: If you want them straight out (parallel) with the heat shield....if may be easier with the offset input. The shop should be able to install them like Dashockers and mine...if he can't ....might find another shop.
Old 02-28-06, 11:11 AM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Yours looked just like mine.....angled out just a bit. Looks great.

Tuddy: If you want them straight out (parallel) with the heat shield....if may be easier with the offset input. The shop should be able to install them like Dashockers and mine...if he can't ....might find another shop.
I still have the resonators. I have yet to hear them without the resonators in person. Let us know how it sounds when you get it done.
Old 02-28-06, 05:56 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

hey sean you've seen my car numerous times... and tuddy you saw it at the SI meet...

mine were completely right smack centered... I had no issues with the heat shield.
Old 02-02-07, 08:24 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 292 Likes on 175 Posts

I'm pretty sure its the same exhaust. Thats what I've been saying in my earlier posts.....it is less of an agressive angle for the input if it is offset. Then you can go either center or offset for the output. I was under my car when the shop was doing it....so I could see what he was talking about.

So basically I would do an offset/center...or a offset/offset if it was me. I'm doing the offset/offset.

Good luck...
Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead.

Question for you AZDesertGS, I just bought the same muffler and tips that you have and was wondering if you welded the tips straight to the muffler or if you had to extend them to be flush with the stock rear bumper?

Please let me know. Thanks!

I want to get the tips welded on as soon as I get the mufflers and then wait till beginning of April when I take my car out of storage to get the pipes made for the extension to the other pipes.
Old 02-04-07, 03:00 PM
GS42NV
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hameed
Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead.

Question for you AZDesertGS, I just bought the same muffler and tips that you have and was wondering if you welded the tips straight to the muffler or if you had to extend them to be flush with the stock rear bumper?

Please let me know. Thanks!

I want to get the tips welded on as soon as I get the mufflers and then wait till beginning of April when I take my car out of storage to get the pipes made for the extension to the other pipes.
I've got the same set up as AZDesertGS had. The tips are welded directly to the muffler, but are angled mildly up so as to have a straight out effect from the back bumper.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow Mufflers....