Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Changed out to torque master plugs!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-06, 02:55 PM
suge66
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changed out to torque master plugs!!!

Like title says, and i can tell the difference in the car. It pulls faster thru all the rpm shifts. It was a @#$ch to put in. I have the GS300(99) w/ 88k. The worse part was getting the middle pack out. If you seperate the hose that cross over the engine and connects to the throttle body, wil make it so much easier to do. Also take apart the black seal, and remove, it will help getting the middle pack out also. Also that bottom screw in the t/body, if u dont have a torque socket, pull the t/body away from the seal, then get a pair of grips, w/a rag over the teeth and gently turn it out. I did this and didnt hurt anything. Didint even scratch the bolt. It would be alot easier if you had the socket though, trust me. Also get a long magnet, if u drop one of those little screws, your screwed. Real tight space in there. It's easier than i make it seem, but it will take about 2hrs for someone who never did it. Also b careful of those grey clips for the packs, they break easy, real easy, i broke one Also i noticed aft puting everything back, it idled at around 900rpm, but when i drove it, and stopped at a light, it went down to about 700rpm. I guess the engine will have to get use to the new plugs, dont no the reason for that though. It is easy to clean the t/body also when your doing this, so have a little cleaner next to you. If i can help anyone in the norfolk, tidewater area, shoot me a pm, it wil b done alot faster this time. Take care guys. Does anyone have a write up on the timing belt and w/pump?