Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

supercharged GS400

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-06 | 06:17 AM
BlackoutGS
Lead Lap

Default supercharged GS400

supercharged GS400..... well, soon to be.

I have been noticing that superchargers for the GS400 are pretty hard to come by nowadays. I have found a few used ones for sale, and I don’t mind buying a slightly used one, but my question is which (brand) supercharger is best known for producing the best numbers?
Old 03-04-06 | 08:30 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Which one are you looking at?. The only GS400 kits that I know of that were ever made were SRT and Rod Millen. There might me some custom kit floatng around. SRT's had like 3 stages mild to wild. The RMM you can get about 330-400 rwhp depending on how much $ you to add to it,pully injectors,fuel management,piston,rods etc.

The SRT used the ATI Procharger P1-SC & D1-SC
RMM used the Vortecsuper charger I don't know what model.
I'm sure someone that has gone down that road will chime in.

Last edited by GILLEXUS; 03-04-06 at 08:37 AM.
Old 03-04-06 | 09:14 AM
BlackoutGS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GILLEXUS
Which one are you looking at?. The only GS400 kits that I know of that were ever made were SRT and Rod Millen. There might me some custom kit floatng around. SRT's had like 3 stages mild to wild. The RMM you can get about 330-400 rwhp depending on how much $ you to add to it,pully injectors,fuel management,piston,rods etc.

The SRT used the ATI Procharger P1-SC & D1-SC
RMM used the Vortecsuper charger I don't know what model.
I'm sure someone that has gone down that road will chime in.
The RMM and SRT kits are the ones I have been looking at. I was also thinking of making a custom kit, but am not sure which route would be the most cost efficient. My goal is 400 HP.
Old 03-04-06 | 09:22 AM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TOTL_ECLPS
The RMM and SRT kits are the ones I have been looking at. I was also thinking of making a custom kit, but am not sure which route would be the most cost efficient. My goal is 400 HP.
You may want to look at the Forced Induction Registry which lists pretty much all the FI GS's on the board along with what kits they have and what numbers they are running.

RMM kits are hard to come by, but you'll see them floating around. With correct tuning and spending some money on race injectors and so on, you can expect numbers close to 400 hp.

The SRT kits, I believe, are much harder to come by. But you should be looking at the same numbers as the RMM kit. It's all about the tuning and the money you decide to spend on getting your engine madeover. The SRT kit may be slightly higher numbers than the RMM.

Making a custom kit might be fun, but I wouldn't know exactly what to tell you about it. It's going to be harder to get it tuned to produce the same amount of power as the SRT or the RMM which were specifically designed for the GS400.

You can also see if you can get your hands on the new LMS supercharger (Luxury MotorSports). I think they designed a supercharger for the GS400.
Old 03-04-06 | 09:33 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

The only kits are RMM, even the SRT one is more of a custom deal. As for cost effective your best bet is to buy a used RMM since they arent making them any more.

Also in my expreinence 400 rwhp is very ambitious with a RMM kit. I was able to get to 389 with mine.

if you are going custom you may consider a Turbo setup instead of the SC setup. I think the Turbo is more flexible.

By the way I have had both setups, Sc and Turbo.
Old 03-04-06 | 09:40 AM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah, trust me - 400rwhp with the RMM sure isn't easy

Jonny
Old 03-04-06 | 09:50 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Morris and DX3 have quite abit of knowledge about the RMM S/C
Did you see a SRT kit for sell? BrianGS430 brings a good point Tuning your kit is what will make or brake if you can get to or near 400 hp. I don't know what your skill level is or your eccess to dyno. But I feel that if don't have the resources or ability to testing and tuning why re envent the wheel refabing a new kit.
The advantage to the RMM kit is that a hand full of guys on the forum have tested what works and does not to some degree. They have probably tried what your thinking of.
so that would save you alot of time & $ experimenting

LMS just made one for the GS430 but I think a few GS400 guys have bought the kit or part of it for their GS400. You can call Steve at LMW ( Luxury Motor Sports) and see about getting their ATI Procharger C-2 and Bracket ( not sure if their GS430 braket owrks on the GS40) and build your own from there.

Will you be tuning it yourself or using a local tuner?

Last edited by GILLEXUS; 11-27-06 at 03:34 AM.
Old 03-04-06 | 10:54 AM
BlackoutGS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GILLEXUS
Will you be tuning it yourself or using a local tuner?
More than likely I would have a local shop do the tunning.

thanks for the replys guys... just one more question. does anyone know if the VIP style 'Fabulous' Exhaust would be too constricting on the flow of exhaust with Forced Induction?
Old 03-04-06 | 11:25 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Just make sure they know what they are doing and have deep pockets and you can probably get what your looking for. Good luck

Do you mean there dual tip ones? that is the only exhaust I 've seen for them. I 'm positve but most of the spor pipes are freeer flowing than the stock.pipe. But I think for $1500 ( least that is what Carson sells it for) youcan getgood quality staniless seet pipe and add duel tip ( If that's the look you goig for) and have $600-800+ left over.
Just my $.02

Last edited by GILLEXUS; 03-07-06 at 08:36 AM.
Old 03-06-06 | 07:05 PM
jmecbr900
Lexus Test Driver

I'll echo what has already been said.

S/C is the most cost effective way to get good HP and reliability. The "con" is that it's not as easy to keep upping the HP after you've reached a plateau.

Turbo is going to have to be a custom setup and that equals big bucks. The "pro" is that it's easier to turn up the boost, but then again it just keeps getting expensive too.

S/C will get you right at 400 rwhp if tuned right and you learn from the trials and tribulations of a few of us.

Good luck.
Old 03-07-06 | 09:05 AM
GILLEXUS
Lexus Champion

Just doing some searching and found some interesting reading material for you on the RMM from others that have or hade it.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=rmm+dyno

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=srt+dyno

Last edited by GILLEXUS; 03-07-06 at 09:40 AM.
Old 03-07-06 | 09:08 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TOTL_ECLPS
More than likely I would have a local shop do the tunning.

thanks for the replys guys... just one more question. does anyone know if the VIP style 'Fabulous' Exhaust would be too constricting on the flow of exhaust with Forced Induction?

exhaust flow not sure, but cash flow is a big yes
Old 03-07-06 | 09:16 AM
V8_Aristo
Bippu

I thought the RMM S/C were discontinued?
Old 03-07-06 | 09:18 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

they are ..as far as i know
Old 03-07-06 | 09:29 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

I want an RMM SC.... maybe next year I will start my search

Quick Reply: supercharged GS400