Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Squealing Noise After Replacing Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-06, 08:49 AM
Michifan12
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slydwyz_IS
FINALLY GOT IT FIXED

it ended up needing a spring kit. thats pretty much all they told me. im guessing it is the spring that is attached to the throwout bearing

but anyways... day 1 and so far no squeeking. i'll keep ya'll posted.
Sweet! Is there any way you can PM me or email at pranav520@hotmail.com your dealership and service advisor's information so that I can have my advisor talk to him so they know how to properly fix it?

Thanks!
Old 06-15-06, 10:03 AM
Michifan12
Pole Position

Great - my lexus dealer won't fix it because there is no "corporate" approved fix for the problem. They won't even CALL your dealership to find out what they did. They said they can look at it again but if it is up to corporate specs then they will charge me a diagnostic fee. What a bunch of bull....I hate Lexus of Albuquerque.
Old 06-15-06, 05:44 PM
strtdrftr
Driver School Candidate

i Had the same problem and i also took it to lexus dealer and they also said they cant do nothing about it but move this little spring thats inside the clutch so it dosent maek the sound anymore so pretty much take it back and tell them to atleast make the noice go away because it can be done
Old 06-15-06, 06:08 PM
Michifan12
Pole Position

Originally Posted by strtdrftr
i Had the same problem and i also took it to lexus dealer and they also said they cant do nothing about it but move this little spring thats inside the clutch so it dosent maek the sound anymore so pretty much take it back and tell them to atleast make the noice go away because it can be done

I wish it was as easy as that for me...they keep telling me they've done everything they can and its "normal." Everytime they adjust it the squeal just happens at different points when the clutch is engaged. Load of crap I tell you....
Old 06-18-06, 08:49 AM
Slydwyz_IS
Driver School Candidate

well.... **** if worse comes to worse get the sring and do it yourself.... im sure theres a writeup somewhere on the net on how to do it.