Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Squealing Noise After Replacing Clutch

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-06, 09:21 AM
Michifan12
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squealing Noise After Replacing Clutch

Hey guys - just wanted to see how many people were having this problem or if the Lexus dealer was just giving me the run around.

I have an 02 5spd and they replaced the clutch under warranty at about 35k cuz it was starting to slip. Nevertheless, now I have this annoying squealing sound (kinda sounds like I need a new fanbelt) thats coming from the car. They said they can't do anything about it and its just a characteristic of the car now...when I depress the clutch all the way it goes away usually but otherwise its there constantly....

Anyone else have this problem and find a solution for it?! Thanks!
Old 03-30-06, 01:21 AM
toyotasupr
Rookie

ask them if they change out the throw out bearing?? because in my integra when u drive u hear a lil rattle or if u go through drive thru or near a wall u hear it. but when u step in the clutch the noise will go away. if ur car like taht too
Old 03-30-06, 07:12 AM
Michifan12
Pole Position

Yeah apparently they did and they even "drilled" a hole for something to move a component....they said its the throw out bearing thats causing the sound and told me "tough luck" basically....

Any other ideas?!
Old 04-02-06, 06:00 PM
BRADSGS4
Lead Lap

Definately is your throw out bearing. They should have replaced the bearing when they replaced the clutch, its even manditory in the Repair Manuals. If it was not squealing before clutch replacement but it is now, they may have damaged the bearing when reinstalling the trans. It is pretty tight in there getting the 5 speed back in and its very possible they damaged this bearing. Definately do NOT settle for them not fixing it. It is their own fault. Especially being under warranty, you can contact higher authority and report your dealers bad practices. It WILL get taken care of for you if you do that. Also, use a different dealership next time around if thats how they are going to take care of customers. They make Lexus look bad.
Old 04-02-06, 06:05 PM
Michifan12
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BRADSGS4
Definately is your throw out bearing. They should have replaced the bearing when they replaced the clutch, its even manditory in the Repair Manuals. If it was not squealing before clutch replacement but it is now, they may have damaged the bearing when reinstalling the trans. It is pretty tight in there getting the 5 speed back in and its very possible they damaged this bearing. Definately do NOT settle for them not fixing it. It is their own fault. Especially being under warranty, you can contact higher authority and report your dealers bad practices. It WILL get taken care of for you if you do that. Also, use a different dealership next time around if thats how they are going to take care of customers. They make Lexus look bad.

I couldn't agree more, but I've been back to the dealership for the same problem about 3 times and they're saying there is nothing they can do about it and its a characteristic of the car after they put the new clutch in. I'm not sure what else to do - its really frustrating but they're just not willing to help anymore and there is only one Lexus dealer in New Mexico!
Old 04-15-06, 08:08 PM
Slydwyz_IS
Driver School Candidate

i have that squeeling too. i already thought it was the throwout bearing... just haven't had the time to get to the dealership. hopefully monday i can get by there.

but can it hurt anything? or is it just annoying?
Old 04-15-06, 10:59 PM
Michifan12
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Slydwyz_IS
i have that squeeling too. i already thought it was the throwout bearing... just haven't had the time to get to the dealership. hopefully monday i can get by there.

Let us know what you find. I'm not sure if it can damage anything...the Lexus dealer claims no but who knows if they're telling the truth.
Old 04-23-06, 11:40 AM
Michifan12
Pole Position

Did you get a chance to take your car in for the noise?? Did they fix it?
Old 04-24-06, 03:04 PM
Slydwyz_IS
Driver School Candidate

not yet, i have an appointment at the lexes place thursday though... i'll give ya'll an update then
Old 05-02-06, 06:55 PM
Slydwyz_IS
Driver School Candidate

went to the dealer today. after driving all the way up there it wouldn't chirp... imagine that. ****ty day spent waiting at the dealership
Old 05-02-06, 08:08 PM
Michifan12
Pole Position

went to the dealer today. after driving all the way up there it wouldn't chirp... imagine that. ****ty day spent waiting at the dealership
Hahah yeah been there splenty of times. But my chirping noise is constant and the dealer doesn't deny it. I guess i'm just SOL on this one...
Old 05-06-06, 08:45 AM
Slydwyz_IS
Driver School Candidate

dangit, the chirping is back and louder than ever. guess im going to have to take it down there and get a donor car for a day or 2
Old 05-06-06, 09:00 AM
Michifan12
Pole Position

dangit, the chirping is back and louder than ever. guess im going to have to take it down there and get a donor car for a day or 2
Hopefully they find a cure!! Good luck and let us know!!
Old 05-31-06, 01:49 PM
JTuneIS3
Driver

i had this problem as well when i used to own an integra, but i was lucky enough to replace the clutch
Old 06-08-06, 12:37 PM
Slydwyz_IS
Driver School Candidate

FINALLY GOT IT FIXED

it ended up needing a spring kit. thats pretty much all they told me. im guessing it is the spring that is attached to the throwout bearing

but anyways... day 1 and so far no squeeking. i'll keep ya'll posted.

Quick Reply: Squealing Noise After Replacing Clutch