Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

** Possible GB ** LMS SS Exhaust System **

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-06, 10:28 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by dfw350
From their website: Gains of 25 horsepower on a Mustang Dyno with the Exhaust alone!

Anyone else think this is bs? I never seen any exhaust giving that much increase at the wheels..
25hp at wheels is no joke.
$1200 / 25= $48 per 1 horsepower
not sure about 25 but there should be some good gains, i mean just look at how craptastic the stock exhaust is, cant honestly think that stock exhaust can ventiliate a high output v6 without robbing some power
Old 03-28-06, 03:06 PM
Carson-Lex
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
pretty sure the gains will be high and maybe close to LMS claims, the stock exhaust is uber restrictive. I still need to know if this changes any emissions because I dont see any cats, and I cant tell if the bulges on the system are the cats or the resonator. Cayman also mentioned that if you didnt have a fan blowing on teh car during the dyno it lost a lot of power, but if you did it helped a lot. Too bad we cant test the hp of a car when its actually moving in the real world vs. blowing a large fan on it

Look at the stock exhaust, its trashy, pipes are all thin, not true dual, not mandrel bent

I did check with Jacen at LMS and it does remove the cats. So we are going to be selling it as off road use only, since all you guys know how wonderful the state of Cali is on emmisions. That could explain the gains that they have been showing. As far as availablility goes, we should be able to start ordering and shipping these out by thursday.
Old 03-28-06, 03:17 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i want cats = (
Old 03-28-06, 03:23 PM
SUPRATRD

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i want cats = (
You would have to cut the flanges off the front pipe and weld it to retain the cats
Old 03-28-06, 04:13 PM
ahohnstein
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by r6z9r
uschardcor appreciate your feedback but i have seen caymans dyno. LMS claimes 12hp and cayman was only able to get 3hp which is why I would like an independent person to dyno the exhaust becuase LMS is claiming 25hp with the exhaust. So as you can see I have been off my *** didn't have to search because I read it when it was first posted. Please don't assume people haven't done the research. My interest would be with the gains with the intake since I do have LMS intake and be more relevant for my set up to know what the gains are with both products.
Nicely said.
Old 03-28-06, 04:32 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is $1200 the group buy price or has that not been released yet?
Old 03-31-06, 09:11 AM
Carson-Lex

Default GB is on

Originally Posted by Payam
Is $1200 the group buy price or has that not been released yet?

Hey guys, the group buy on the exhaust has been put up in the vendors forum here

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=209040
Old 03-31-06, 09:28 AM
^saint
Rookie

Sorry....but I need Cat's here in PA. They will fail you in a sec. and no mechanic will risk it anymore withe the strict laws.
Old 03-31-06, 09:39 AM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

there's a 3 page threat on my.is about the 25 hp gain, and the 25 hp gains were the max represented with the exhaust but according to LMS this setup was EXTREMELY loud. so yes 25 hp but at the cost of a race car sound (literal). now wether the sold version is that version or a quieted down i do not know. so you now know where the 25 came from.

i dont know about you guys but i'm not touching any performance products until someone has EXTENSIVELY tested this new motor on a dyno to see exactly what it is. trial and error with exhausts and intakes might find some nice sweet sports for performance upgrades, but personally i want to some statistical and engineering documentation done on the car by someone (say blitz and what they've found from s/c the motor). not saying don't go buy it, buy it if you want it, i just prefer to know exactly whats going on my 40k+ investment and the reasons why it was designed the way it was. lms isn't a company i expect to go that deep into their product research.

Last edited by uschardcor; 03-31-06 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-31-06, 10:14 AM
Mrbig
Lead Lap

Default Exhaust !!!

Sound clip anyone ???
Old 03-31-06, 10:47 AM
shox
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mrbig
Sound clip anyone ???
Exactly what I'm looking for. Since the cat is removed, I want to see how loud this exhaust is.
Old 03-31-06, 12:23 PM
Carson-Lex

Originally Posted by uschardcor
there's a 3 page threat on my.is about the 25 hp gain, and the 25 hp gains were the max represented with the exhaust but according to LMS this setup was EXTREMELY loud. so yes 25 hp but at the cost of a race car sound (literal). now wether the sold version is that version or a quieted down i do not know. so you now know where the 25 came from.

i dont know about you guys but i'm not touching any performance products until someone has EXTENSIVELY tested this new motor on a dyno to see exactly what it is. trial and error with exhausts and intakes might find some nice sweet sports for performance upgrades, but personally i want to some statistical and engineering documentation done on the car by someone (say blitz and what they've found from s/c the motor). not saying don't go buy it, buy it if you want it, i just prefer to know exactly whats going on my 40k+ investment and the reasons why it was designed the way it was. lms isn't a company i expect to go that deep into their product research.

I spoke to LMS about the info, and this is what I have gathered so far. The original prototype that some members may have heard already was the one using (2) 18'' resonators. LMS verified this and said it was to loud for them as well. The final version was made to include (2) 22'' resonators and is best described as sounding like the Blitz Nur Spec with CarsonTuned B-pipe. Sound clips are getting made as we speak and I will post those up as soon as they are available. If anyone has the blitz and b pipe sound clip of a gs, that will give yo a good idea of what it sounds like.
Old 03-31-06, 01:37 PM
Mrbig
Lead Lap

Default Exhaust !!!

Anyone with a clip from the GS ???
Old 03-31-06, 05:24 PM
linh811
Lead Lap

LMS claimed 12whp from the intake but an independent dyno says 3whp, which is 25%. Can we take this to their exhaust as well?? 25whp x 25% = 6whp? for $1200??
Old 04-01-06, 07:12 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ^saint
Sorry....but I need Cat's here in PA. They will fail you in a sec. and no mechanic will risk it anymore withe the strict laws.
Any states where this WON'T be an issue?

Quick Reply: ** Possible GB ** LMS SS Exhaust System **