Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Supercharged GS4's!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-06, 05:50 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me ask you this ....you have seen the HP #'s people have posted

Have you seen the problems they have posted as well ?
Old 04-10-06, 06:11 PM
IS0LD0UT
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kharizma
I have a few questions:

is $4,400 a good price for: RMM Kit, PI TC, SAFC II, Greddy BOV + more goodies?
how much hp / tq are you guys gettin' to the wheels at how much PSI?
have you had any problems?

MOST IMPORTANT PRO/CON of the supercharger kit?

and any additional information i should know before buyin' this kit?
Im feeling you... I too have the urge to SC my 430.
Old 04-10-06, 06:18 PM
trbopooh
Lead Lap

I hate to say this, but do a search on the RMM SC kit. You'll find tons of threads of people discussing pros/cons, different setups, how much rwhp everyone's getting, problems, and headaches. I've pm'd many of these owners asking A LOT of questions. Many have been helpful. I think you need more time to do some research before jumping the gun. It'll save you lots of wasted time and headaches.
Old 04-10-06, 06:20 PM
trbopooh
Lead Lap

Oh yeah, there's also the FI registry sticky at the top of the GS forums. It lists almost all the owners with different setups. Good luck.
Old 04-10-06, 06:33 PM
jbacon
Driver School Candidate

Default Rod Millen Roadster

Maybe we should contact Millen to see wha this naturally aspirated mod would run as it was done in conjunction w/ TRD and probably would be very reliable.

http://www.rodmillen.com/Lexus.htm

Lexus Street Rod

The Lexus Street Rod is based on a ’32 roadster and was created to showcase a specially modified Lexus GS 400 V8, producing more than 400 horsepower.

The Lexus Street Rod is the result of an unusual collaboration of expertise resulting from partnership of Lexus, Toyota Racing Development (TRD) USA, Inc., MillenWorks, and California Street Rods.
The GS 400’s all-aluminum 4.0-liter V8 features 32 valves, four cams and the first use of continuously variable valve timing in a V8 engine to produce a strong 300 horsepower in production trim. Engineers at TRD, USA, set to work increasing output based on their experience building Indy car and off-road racing engines.
The V8 is topped by eight carbon-fiber velocity stacks with integrated air screens. Each cylinder has its own 2-inch diameter throttle body for maximum airflow. A new intake manifold system adapted from TRD’s 4.7-liter desert off-road racing V8 is used and the Lexus VVT-i continuously variable valve timing computer map was revised to provide intake valve advance of 30 degrees of crank angles from 1,500 to 7,800 rpm. Camshaft lift was increased from production lift of 0.350 inch to 0.385. The GS 400 V8’s compact size and lightweight made it an ideal fit in the open engine bay of the ’32 Street Rod. To further streamline the package, TRD engineers relocated the power steering pump to the center of the engine’s "V" by means of a custom-engineered adapter. The power steering system is otherwise the same as the GS 400. Virtually all other components are production items. With these modifications, the Lexus Street Rod produces 400 horsepower at 8,200 rpm with a stock compression ratio of 10.5 to1.
Old 04-10-06, 07:01 PM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

i'm thinkin' i'm gonna go ahead and skip going the FI route lol

i didn't want it just to beat cars on the road ( i have a pretty good list already ) but just rather to say "I HAVE A SUPERCHARGED GS" lol but i get enough recognition as is.. I'm not tryin' to make myself broke over 100HP gain lol
Old 04-10-06, 07:05 PM
trbopooh
Lead Lap

Dude, don't even think that way. Who doesn't want to say that they have a FI Lexus? Do more research. Talk to more people. You never know. Maybe in the end you'll still end up with FI, but at least you'll be much more prepared and knowledgable.
Old 04-10-06, 07:26 PM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 18 Posts

It is interesting that you would make such a comment! I must agree that this is very true! " you must have the capital to fund" I am sure some of us that have spent copious amounts of money for performance can attest to that.
I know hands on bcos I have spent an insane amount of money on my supra project and can honestly say it has been a stressful journey perhaps oneday you will understand & experience such !
Nonetheless I pose a question to you; All you talk about is boost but you have never stepped up to the plate : I am sure a lot of people on CL especially us locals want to know when we will see this boosted GS or SC you have been talking about for the past 3 years? You probably have so many boost threads the mods should merge them all into one perhaps that will motivate you to move forward ??............ I especially want to know when I can expect to see this SC/GS monster of a car you constantly talk about ; perhaps then I can give you a taste of my Supra exhaust fumes ............so put up or shut up.

Originally Posted by lexforlife
a good friend of mine put it best " to boost or not to boost is not the question , the question is do you have enough capital to TRULY fund your decision ""
Old 04-10-06, 07:34 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by alsilverbullet
It is interesting that you would make such a comment! I must agree that this is very true! " you must have the capital to fund" I am sure some of us that have spent copious amounts of money for performance can attest to that.
I know hands on bcos I have spent an insane amount of money on my supra project and can honestly say it has been a stressful journey perhaps oneday you will understand & experience such !
Nonetheless I pose a question to you; All you talk about is boost but you have never stepped up to the plate : I am sure a lot of people on CL especially us locals want to know when we will see this boosted GS or SC you have been talking about for the past 3 years? You probably have so many boost threads the mods should merge them all into one perhaps that will motivate you to move forward ??............ I especially want to know when I can expect to see this SC/GS monster of a car you constantly talk about ; perhaps then I can give you a taste of my Supra exhaust fumes ............so put up or shut up.

2 snaps ina Z formation Al

Just do it Ed
Old 04-10-06, 07:41 PM
Dx3
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Is it a good deal - YES

Can you get away with less than $6k - HELL NO

Would I do it again - HELLLLLLLLLLLLL NO.

Jonny
Old 04-10-06, 07:56 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by alsilverbullet

bro why you gotta bring me into this .. the expression i used was from someone else .. i need not drop into the same pitfalls as others to learn that it hurts .. i know what i want and will do it in my time if ever ..dont get this twisted mang i do more then punch walls

leave me and my business out of this .. your mistakes will not be my mistakes .. when i do what i do i do for self not for others so dont you worry about my goals and intentions.. i have my own agenda

as far as leaving me in the dust , learn to grow some ***** first , then learn to drive and then get that heap you call a car put together and then we can talk ,,,,, maybe

Last edited by lexforlife; 04-10-06 at 08:03 PM.
Old 04-10-06, 08:02 PM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

my homeboy that has a shop said installation / tuning would run me $800-$1k

so I can't get away with this set up for less than $6k? Jonny, if you don't mind me asking, why wouldn't you do it again? do you think the cost is worth the FI gains?
Old 04-10-06, 08:10 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

boosting a car not really made for boost takes time and research.. those that know me know i do tons of research before making any moves .. maybe it will happen or maybe it wont..

i never liked rmm design and everyone knows that , i have recently bought a tundra to daily drive so now i am faced with decisions , boost the gs or boost a sc or just go for a supra tt.. i dont know yet so i do nothing .. i dont care if it takes 6yrs , its my money and my time those that likes to make wise cracks and take pot shots needs to worry about watching there own backs for they are be watched as well ..

let me do my thing my way period

to those thinking of the process plan on 5-7k more then you budjeted and plan on trannies etc etc .. maybe even a eng rebuild down the road.. i factor all these into the equation and say is it worth losing my peace of mind for 100 more ***** . i am still watching , reading and trying to decide
Old 04-10-06, 08:11 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Kharizma, I say go with a PI TC, 3.76, and have some fun... This way you can still have a reliable GS but with much quicker repsonse off the line all day.. Like i said before I've been in a GS with TC, 3.76, intake and man it was a totally different car... I realize that everyone on here will have there own opinoins but you have to do what you feel is best for you and the car. Good Luck..
Old 04-10-06, 08:44 PM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 18 Posts

My quote on what you said was simply to state that such a project can be expensive. Obviously you took it the wrong way and misread my comment You recently responded to a recent thread of mine with a comment that was uncalled for and surprising. I do not respond to your threads on boost but considering you posted on my thread I felt obliged to put you on the spot and ask when you were going FI . To make derogatory jabs & call my car a heap is really taking it far & uncalled for because never once did I say anything negative about your car but simply ask you when you were going to step up to the plate..........

Originally Posted by lexforlife
bro why you gotta bring me into this .. the expression i used was from someone else .. i need not drop into the same pitfalls as others to learn that it hurts .. i know what i want and will do it in my time if ever ..dont get this twisted mang i do more then punch walls

leave me and my business out of this .. your mistakes will not be my mistakes .. when i do what i do i do for self not for others so dont you worry about my goals and intentions.. i have my own agenda

as far as leaving me in the dust , learn to grow some ***** first , then learn to drive and then get that heap you call a car put together and then we can talk ,,,,, maybe

Quick Reply: Supercharged GS4's!!!