Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Supercharged GS4's!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-06, 09:02 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kharizma
so if i go FI and just use low boost, around 5psi like RMM suggests, then my engine will be fine? i know i won't get boost hungry 'cause GS' are big cars and they won't get up to compete with the TT Supra's in my city lol but it's all good 'cause it's still a LEX

do you think 5psi is good? i'm gonna use the RMM pulley and everything.. i'm not gonna up the boost lol i'm just gonna leave it at 5psi for the life of my car.. do you think my engine life will be effected a LOT? a little? i thought superchargers were better for engines vs. turbo? i know the maintanence is easier for SC's
If this is your plan and you actually stick with it I dont think you will have any issues with the engine and its life span.

As far as turbo VS SC , personally I dont think one is better than the other for an engine.

2 months after you do this remember this line and remember Morris said I told you so.

"do you think 5psi is good? i'm gonna use the RMM pulley and everything.. i'm not gonna up the boost lol i'm just gonna leave it at 5psi for the life of my car"
Old 04-11-06, 09:17 AM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol.. yea i MIGHT want a bit more.. lol i don't know, i was looking into doing a turbo like you did because my local shop said it'd be about the same cost to do a custom single turbo kit for my car as getting the rmm kit. i just don't know though.. i mean so many people say the gain isn't worth the money and i definately don't want to waste money and i definately don't want my engine to blow up, my transmission to fail or anything of the likes lol and i want to keep my car forever 'cause it's my dream car, i wanted it before all other cars
Old 04-11-06, 11:19 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you are trully planning to stick to the RMM numbers, go for it. It is not a bad kit as long as you stay within the parameters that it was designed for. The price you got is nice too. You only really get in trouble when you entertain thoughts of "more".
Old 04-11-06, 11:22 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

lol.. yea i MIGHT want a bit more.. lol i don't know, i was looking into doing a turbo like you did because my local shop said it'd be about the same cost to do a custom single turbo kit for my car as getting the rmm kit. i just don't know though.. i mean so many people say the gain isn't worth the money and i definately don't want to waste money and i definately don't want my engine to blow up, my transmission to fail or anything of the likes lol and i want to keep my car forever 'cause it's my dream car, i wanted it before all other cars
Short and sweet, given all you just said above go for the RMM kit and pray that you will be satisfied.
Old 04-12-06, 09:17 PM
fireballs gs400
Lexus Champion

Default s/c

I remember calling johnny trying to force myself to maybe buy a s/c from cali, which in tale he purchased...i think. I have always wanted a s/c gs ever since I saw the rod millen car soooo many years back. I have had the money to do it, and still do. I just think with the other cars being made for todays market, it's very expensive to always s/c a nice expensive car. I mean no one else pays my bills, so if I want to window shop I can.

If its a horsepower game I would go with nitrous, and a safc2, and larger fuel pump and larger injectors. Maybe even direct injection. I really do not know too much on the nitrous game, but it could be definately cheaper.

curious what could be a nitrous plus s/c addition.

would that be a 30 shot as well, or will the belt slip?
Old 04-12-06, 09:41 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

I'm not a fan of nitrous applications for the fact that you will hardly use it on the streets.

Also, what fun would nitrous be to get on freeways or just spirited driving.
Old 04-12-06, 09:52 PM
jp430
Driver

I agree, if you do not have AT LEAST 8,000 sitting around, dont do it. You could blow your motor. Then what would you do??? Transmission could go out. When you go FI, you just never know. If you have the money sitting around.....do it.

Just keepin it real.
Old 04-12-06, 09:58 PM
Kharizma
Lexus Champion

oh well, another time perhaps, wasn't in my budget lol i was gonna take out a loan to get it and they wanted my car for collateral and i don't like that idea 'cause my car's all paid off and i love not having a huge bill to pay i'm just gonna do all motor for now, and do all the mod's i possibly can before i consider FI again.. i didn't know there were so many unknowns and possibilities when going FI.. scares me :-X haha
Old 04-12-06, 11:34 PM
mikal
Lexus Champion

taking a loan out for mods? That deserves a smack in the head if you were my friend.

Never ever take out a loan for your hobby.
Old 04-13-06, 02:07 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mikal
taking a loan out for mods? That deserves a smack in the head if you were my friend.

Never ever take out a loan for your hobby.
Old 04-13-06, 11:12 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,399 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
That defeat to the Mazda 3 has you thinking boost? Boost will definetly blow the doors off of that car and Mustangs, Vettes list goes on and on. Scrap the SRT snorkal, and take the plunge for the boost I will be next
A 1 or 2UZFE don't need no Boost to take a Mazda 3.

I hope the Mazda Board guys don't see this one.
Old 04-13-06, 11:19 PM
jgscott
Lexus Champion

Received 1,399 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Originally Posted by mikal
I'm not a fan of nitrous applications for the fact that you will hardly use it on the streets.

Also, what fun would nitrous be to get on freeways or just spirited driving.

How many track only modded cars here ????
Old 04-14-06, 01:12 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

oh well, another time perhaps, wasn't in my budget lol i was gonna take out a loan to get it and they wanted my car for collateral and i don't like that idea 'cause my car's all paid off and i love not having a huge bill to pay i'm just gonna do all motor for now, and do all the mod's i possibly can before i consider FI again.. i didn't know there were so many unknowns and possibilities when going FI.. scares me :-X haha

Well you will have 4 ALL motor cars set for some dyno time next week.

We all have slightly different set ups, but technically we have every readily available NA mod out there.

Most have intake, exhaust, TC, LSD, TM plugs, grounding kits, full synthetic and newly installed S & S headers.

The truth will be out soon and what ever doesn't show up on the dyno, we will follow up with some 0-60 testing and 1/4 mile as well.

LGW NorCal members are pushing the NA envelope this spring.

Stay Tuned
Old 04-14-06, 02:37 AM
GS42NV
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Well you will have 4 ALL motor cars set for some dyno time next week.

We all have slightly different set ups, but technically we have every readily available NA mod out there.

Most have intake, exhaust, TC, LSD, TM plugs, grounding kits, full synthetic and newly installed S & S headers.

The truth will be out soon and what ever doesn't show up on the dyno, we will follow up with some 0-60 testing and 1/4 mile as well.

LGW NorCal members are pushing the NA envelope this spring.

Stay Tuned
damn i cant wait to see those numbers!

hey, i remember you and some of your guys were going to run various intakes and see what types of gains are made by each upgrade, along with adding the S&S headers to the additional difference for each application. could you please link me to this thread if its already been creating? ive been dying to see it, and didnt find it through a couple of searches.
Old 04-14-06, 08:34 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lexus_gs4
damn i cant wait to see those numbers!

hey, i remember you and some of your guys were going to run various intakes and see what types of gains are made by each upgrade, along with adding the S&S headers to the additional difference for each application. could you please link me to this thread if its already been creating? ive been dying to see it, and didnt find it through a couple of searches.
Well actually all the intake testing has been going on for the past 2 weeks and the last car will be completed today. So far it's going like clockwork.

Today will also be the first car to test with headers. One other header install was completed last Monday, another will be completed today and my car goes under the knife on Monday.

We will finish off the testing by next week, when locals will attend our dyno day meet and find out the performance #s as we complete the header testing on that day.

I'm going to ask for a little more patience, because we ARE NOT going to do all this work we did without providing a full blown analysis and report. So in short, you will not just see numbers posted for atleast 2 -3 more weeks.

To post #s and have people make judgements without our written analysis supporting our findings is not going to do the Lexus community any justice.

People need to be educated about what we did, what we found and why. The findings will be published in a article on our NorCal website where people can reference the information over there without looking for a thread buried after being posted on the forums for a month. This way future newbies who ask the same ole questions can just be told to "go to LGWNorCal.com" instead of telling them to do a search.

Stay Tuned

It will all be good in the end.

Just need a lil more time.