Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

So I floored my car today...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-06, 08:27 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Installed the TM plugs today. I wish I had a dyno at my disposal.

My engine is definitely a lot smoother at idle, but whenever i slow down to the point where the engine has to go back to down to idle, i can feel a bit of roughness around 1.5k RPM or so. maybe it's been there forever, and I just hadn't notice until now.

But the car feels awesome. I was never able to chirp tires while accelerating out of a turn with just little effort (VSC off of course).

1st gear definitely feels a lot better now.
Old 04-26-06, 09:52 PM
djjt
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you mean torque masters? do they really help? i got them. seems the same to me.
Old 04-26-06, 10:10 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Yea I have the TM plugs.

I had lag in 1st gear. But not anymore, or at least it's down to a minimum now. It's mostly midrange and high end where it makes more of a difference, at least when I floored my car.

These were good buys for me.
Old 04-27-06, 05:47 AM
STONER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
I just cleaned out my MAF and used seafoam on my engine.

All I can say is HOLY CRAP it made a difference. It's smoother now. I am not kidding. I am happy. I drove my sister around (I picked up my sister from school) and she asked if I did any mod to my car because it felt like it had more power. I didn't even tell her anything about my car yet . Not to mention, when I did the seafoam treatment, there was A LOT of smoke coming out of my exhaust. I think I will do a second treatment next week since my car has 126k miles on it already. I bet the internal is filled with lots of carbon deposit.

I haven't even reset the ECU yet, nor have I installed my torquemaster plug.

muahahah
Would you go into a bit more detail as to how you used the seafoam? I just read a couple dozen threads and have more questions than answers. Did you draw it into the motor through the PCV valve, or dump into your TB? Or just add it to the fuel tank? Did you do it knowing that you were going to change the plugs soon after? Did you add any to your oil, or change your oil after?

Thanks
Old 04-27-06, 09:13 AM
GSteg
Rookie

I added seafoam through the PCV valve. I had my little brother sit in the car holding the rev at 2k RPM while I let the PCV suck in seafoam. You have to add it slowly though. If too much goes in at once, the engine will try to rev high and you can possibly flood the engine.

I did not add any oil, or change oil because I didn't use it in the oil crankcase. I did this knowing i'll change the spark plugs. I add seafoam to the tank a while ago, so I didn't need to add again. There is really no harm in donig seafoam before or after changing your plugs. I couldnt' believe how much smoke came out of my exhaust though. No more lag for me!
Old 04-27-06, 10:11 AM
STONER
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default update

I did the MAF cleaning with some electronic parts cleaner from Advance Auto Parts. That joker was pretty dirty. I did a can of seafoam in the gas tank, and reset the ECU. Definite improvements. I will wait until my next oil change interval to do the Seafoam in the PCV valve, and I'll probably change the plugs then too.

Last edited by STONER; 04-28-06 at 04:53 AM.